• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 25, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #2,926 of 17,973
so ‘right’ whilst also having a very distinct flavour of their own
That's what I love about Semper and now EDP+. And the bass on Semper is better than LX IMO.

How is the Elysium bass compared to LX for you? How do you find the treble?

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #2,927 of 17,973
That's what I love about Semper and now EDP+. And the bass on Semper is better than LX IMO.

How is the Elysium bass compared to LX for you? How do you find the treble?
I’d have to a/b the two to give you a proper answer but, off the top of my head, I’d say the bass on the Elysium is slightly slower but incredibly rich (of course very dependent on the filters - I’m commenting on the red/red option).

Treble-wise, I’d say that it’s detailed but never harsh. I tend to prefer a slightly relaxed treble and they definitely fall into that category. If you change the top filter to blue then they get a bit more ‘bite’ in the treble if that’s your thing.

Also I shouldn’t underplay how much you can alter the signature with the myriad options of filter combinations until you find one that’s perfect for you. Really, really impressive.

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #2,928 of 17,973
I’d have to a/b the two to give you a proper answer but, off the top of my head, I’d say the bass on the Elysium is slightly slower but incredibly rich (of course very dependent on the filters - I’m commenting on the red/red option).

Treble-wise, I’d say that it’s detailed but never harsh. I tend to prefer a slightly relaxed treble and they definitely fall into that category. If you change the top filter to blue then they get a bit more ‘bite’ in the treble if that’s your thing.

Also I shouldn’t underplay how much you can alter the signature with the myriad options of filter combinations until you find one that’s perfect for you. Really, really impressive.
Thanks 👍. Coming from someone who owns all these great IEMs they must indeed be very impressive.

Jun 25, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #2,929 of 17,973
After spending a little more time with the Elysium, I can’t stress enough how extraordinary they are. Every now and then there are IEMs that just sound so ‘right’ whilst also having a very distinct flavour of their own and, as such, go on to be hugely well regarded amongst head-fiers.

In my experience, in just the last few years I’ve had the great fortune of owning the Oriolus Trailli, EE Odin, EE Legend X and the criminally under-hyped Penon Volt and Penon Globe, all at very different price points but all sharing that ‘special sauce’ element that make them truly stand out.

For me, the IMR Elysium is absolutely in the same bracket and, even compared to these incredible IEMs, stands out with very much it’s own flavour. If it’s not clear enough already, I absolutely LOVE the Elysium and I’m not even at the end of the suggested burn-in period yet. Definitely a keeper!
it s amazing that they can be compared to high end and expensive IEMs like the traillis. Bob does an amazing job.

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #2,932 of 17,973
Nice!
So is the Knight closed back or open, or both?
The IMR site pic's show both, but the written description doesn't mention the stock config'.
both, i havent closed it down, i don think its neccesary, it has the ATEN effect, though the bass aint that boomy, it has everything in its right place.

this is a review full of enthusiasm and commitment. it makes you want to order them. 🤩🤩🥳💓
they are really good, they reminded me of the ie800, when i bought it i was bummed with the form factor, they just seemed like a little toy. the knight has WAY BETTER mids, the ie800 as amazing as it is, it struggles with the highs and the mid highs. this one im hoping for lush highs, it needs to settle though, it's a wee harsh right now, nothing exagerated. another note, i havent tip roll... i wanted to try em as they came, just switched the filters, im impressed with the new imr cable, fit its quite nice and the terminations fit snuggly into the iem's.

just waiting now for the ozar, if the 6mm has a huge push, im betting for a magestic 10mm.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #2,933 of 17,973
After spending a little more time with the Elysium, I can’t stress enough how extraordinary they are. Every now and then there are IEMs that just sound so ‘right’ whilst also having a very distinct flavour of their own and, as such, go on to be hugely well regarded amongst head-fiers.

In my experience, in just the last few years I’ve had the great fortune of owning the Oriolus Trailli, EE Odin, EE Legend X and the criminally under-hyped Penon Volt and Penon Globe, all at very different price points but all sharing that ‘special sauce’ element that make them truly stand out.

For me, the IMR Elysium is absolutely in the same bracket and, even compared to these incredible IEMs, stands out with very much it’s own flavour. If it’s not clear enough already, I absolutely LOVE the Elysium and I’m not even at the end of the suggested burn-in period yet. Definitely a keeper!
I dont Doubt that Bob has caught up with big brands when it comes to to his totl releases' technical ability. If only it was a touch easier to wear, i would go back to trying some of his new flavours out.

Regardless he will always have my respect on how he treats his customers.

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #2,934 of 17,973

Indeed, the fact that this batch is comparing to the likes of Odin, Ve8, mest and just this morning I was comparing the EDP+ to a loaned THieaudio Monarch, and WOW! Awesome work on Bob's part!!!

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #2,935 of 17,973
I dont Doubt that Bob has caught up with big brands when it comes to to his totl releases' technical ability. If only it was a touch easier to wear, i would go back to trying some of his new flavours out.

Regardless he will always have my respect on how he treats his customers.
I don't know about Elysium and others , but the fit on EDP is much, much better than OM and Semper and it has become my go to in fact and EDC .

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #2,936 of 17,973
it s amazing that they can be compared to high end and expensive IEMs like the traillis. Bob does an amazing job.
Just to be clear, the IMR Elysium and Trailli sound nothing alike. The point I was making was that the Elysium, like the other IEMs I mentioned, have a very unique, pleasing sound signature with their own ‘special sauce’.

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #2,937 of 17,973
Just to be clear, the IMR Elysium and Trailli sound nothing alike. The point I was making was that the Elysium, like the other IEMs I mentioned, have a very unique, pleasing sound signature with their own ‘special sauce’.
Yes, got you on that, but thats the thing, I the fit in the same tier as those maintaining their own sound and signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back