• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 22, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #2,866 of 17,972
I think the sort of music that suits the EDP+ is as below
- If you haven't watched this give it go - I wasn't sure at first., I didn't think they were genuine but now its become one of my all time favourite music's

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #2,867 of 17,972
Alright, can't wait to hear your impressions in the days to come. Mine have left Heathrow but I wont get any more tracking updates until they're delivered. There's a black hole between Royal Mail and Canada Post. Somehow, CP feeds the status "Delivered" back to RM but that's all .... so they are somewhere in this country now waiting to be processed by customs and released to CP for delivery.
Get ready to hear new details and nuances in songs you've heard many times before. They are detail monsters and I'm saying that after the Semper & Mest that are too.

They are like a combo of the best of PB1 & the Mest. I love the detail and absorption the Mest give but I prefer IMR tuning. They are a more detached listen although as enjoyable in their way just the tuning is not as engaging as IMRs. The Elysium have the planar mids I prefer to the ba's too.

I said in the Mest thread something like they were the IEM Stax I'd been looking for but think Elysium are more so. Vocals are on point. Punchy & smooth when they need to be. Lots of detail. Mest have more bass punch at the mo & I'm hoping that develops with the Elysium as it did with the BC after around 40 hours. Bass is more present than it was out of the box after about 20 hours.

Mest has a wider soundstage but Elysium has better placement & think I prefer that. That may be due to the EST in the Mest.

They fit good but took me more time to figure out how to get best fit. The twist in method with the Mest works well but for the best fit i'm putting these in holding them and opening and closing my mouth wide to get a good fit.

Jun 22, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #2,868 of 17,972
Get ready to hear new details and nuances in songs you've heard many times before. They are detail monsters and I'm saying that after the Semper & Mest that are too.

They are like a combo of the best of PB1 & the Mest. I love the detail and absorption the Mest give but I prefer IMR tuning. They are a more detached listen although as enjoyable in their way just the tuning is not as engaging as IMRs. The Elysium have the planar mids I prefer to the ba's too.

I said in the Mest thread something like they were the IEM Stax I'd been looking for but think Elysium are more so. Vocals are on point. Punchy & smooth when they need to be. Lots of detail. Mest have more bass punch at the mo & I'm hoping that develops with the Elysium as it did with the BC after around 40 hours. Bass is more present than it was out of the box after about 20 hours.

Mest has a wider soundstage but Elysium has better placement & think I prefer that. That may be due to the EST in the Mest.

They fit good but took me more time to figure out how to get best fit. The twist in method with the Mest works well but for the best fit i'm putting these in holding them and opening and closing my mouth wide to get a good fit.
Awesome. I've auditioned the OG MEST for an extended period. Liked it but didnt love it in comparison to the Volt. Your comments on the Elysium v Mest have got me pretty excited. I was enthusiastic placing the order but the initial feedback is stoking the fire of anticipation. I do LOVE these planars and I know they just get better and better and reach out with further extention with the passage of time in use. I've got my RAH CIEM inserted at the moment and really love it. So, taking that ADLC, BC and a larger Planar -- hmmm, it's gotta be good with Bob's special sauce all over it.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #2,869 of 17,972
Awesome. I've auditioned the OG MEST for an extended period. Liked it but didnt love it in comparison to the Volt. Your comments on the Elysium v Mest have got me pretty excited. I was enthusiastic placing the order but the initial feedback is stoking the fire of anticipation. I do LOVE these planars and I know they just get better and better and reach out with further extention with the passage of time in use. I've got my RAH CIEM at the moment and really love it. So, taking that ADLC, BC and a larger Planar -- hmmm, it's gotta be good with Bob's special sauce all over it.
They are reminding me a lot of the Rah more so than the PB1. More relaxed than the PB1 but with the ability to grab your attention when needed. Will be interested how they compare to your customs.

I realise reading your post these are the first IMRs I've heard without an Aten driver.

Jun 22, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #2,870 of 17,972
They are reminding me a lot of the Rah more so than the PB1. More relaxed than the PB1 but with the ability to grab your attention when needed. Will be interested how they compare to your customs.

I realise reading your post these are the first IMRs I've heard without an Aten driver.
Bob says this ADLC should exceed what the Aten was able to do... so that bodes well too. Keep letting us know your continued impressions and discoveries with them as they progress with the passing hours.

Jun 22, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #2,871 of 17,972
I am curious about a comparison between Semper and Elysium if anyone can offer one I'd appreciate it.
I am on 40 hours or so on EDP now and I can say these are gonna be the best audio purchase I have made in terms of bang for buck. The tonality is perfect as far as I'm concerned. Very smooth and relaxing sound with intoxicating midrange. Now expecting to get better and the bass and treble to catch up. Lol
Awesome job really 👌

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #2,872 of 17,972
I still can't track my Royal Mail delivery. It's been already a week since Bob sent me tracking number. It still does not work after A WEEK. What the heck is going on??? Is it just me or common issue?

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #2,873 of 17,972
I still can't track my Royal Mail delivery. It's been already a week since Bob sent me tracking number. It still does not work after A WEEK. What the heck is going on??? Is it just me or common issue?
In my case not even the tracking number...

Jun 23, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #2,875 of 17,972
It takes a while for the tracking number to appear on the tracking site, mine took a while to appear too
But it's beenn a A WEEK. 7 DAYS AND NO TRACKING! So you think that's normal?

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #2,877 of 17,972

It is possible, but hey if you are worried, just email Bob.

As mentioned before, the post office Bob uses is a pretty small one, so they might take a while to scan in the parcel.
No its not normal but for this particular post office it completely normal. My last shipment for the EDP sat there for a week before I saw any status update. This time it was 5 days from the time I got the number to first scan. Google Belper Post office review and you'll find this. https://www.loc8nearme.co.uk/derbyshire/belper/post-office/122044/comments/
It's frustrating., but there's nothing I could do about it and there's nothing you can do about it, so please try to choke whatever your feeling about it back because it can really tarnish what should be a great experience you'll have with these iems for a long while when they finally show up; and they will show up. And speaking from experience when they do show all the anger ove poor shipping will be erased by a really great set of earphones. II'm really not trying to self righteous here. This whole shipping thing has pissed me off each of 4 orders now, but Bob is a great guy and his creations are outstanding. So for the sake of your future enjoyment,ttry tto look past the shipping delay. That's been my experience anyway.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #2,878 of 17,972
Imr customer service email
It’s in their website, fb works as well. Bob always replies. Even for the smallest question. The items will
Get to you or you can ask for a refund. Whatever fills your needs. It’s being said about the problems in the postal office and it’s been said that this takes time. Please chill

Jun 23, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #2,879 of 17,972
I am curious about a comparison between Semper and Elysium if anyone can offer one I'd appreciate it.
I am on 40 hours or so on EDP now and I can say these are gonna be the best audio purchase I have made in terms of bang for buck. The tonality is perfect as far as I'm concerned. Very smooth and relaxing sound with intoxicating midrange. Now expecting to get better and the bass and treble to catch up. Lol
Awesome job really 👌
My Elysium's are at about 70 hours burn in. In theory they should be getting into the 'they sound bad' territory of IMR burn in that I found with the Semper and original EDPs at that stage however I popped them in yesterday and they sounded decent. Exceptionally smooth IMO, moreso than the Semper was at this stage, and with that fun IMR thing that gets the head bobbing.

I've never owned anything that does bone conduction so I'm not sure what I was expecting that to bring to the table and whether it would be a transparent addition or a noticeable upgrade. It definitely does something. I went through about 2 hours worth of music of differing genres. Rihanna's California King Bed lead vocal definitely had a 3D projected dimension to it which I hadn't experienced before and which took me by surprise so maybe the bone conduction is for a specific frequency range. Other material I listened to didn't seem to have the same pronounced effect at this stage.

I was listening through a Roland USB audio interface which kicks out some serious power and with stock filters / tips.

Based on initial listening, I'm very much looking forward to doing some A/B testing with Elysium and Semper once the Elysium reaches 300hrs. I'm not sure I can see myself keeping both.

Jun 23, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #2,880 of 17,972
My Elysium's are at about 70 hours burn in. In theory they should be getting into the 'they sound bad' territory of IMR burn in that I found with the Semper and original EDPs at that stage however I popped them in yesterday and they sounded decent. Exceptionally smooth IMO, moreso than the Semper was at this stage, and with that fun IMR thing that gets the head bobbing.

I've never owned anything that does bone conduction so I'm not sure what I was expecting that to bring to the table and whether it would be a transparent addition or a noticeable upgrade. It definitely does something. I went through about 2 hours worth of music of differing genres. Rihanna's California King Bed lead vocal definitely had a 3D projected dimension to it which I hadn't experienced before and which took me by surprise so maybe the bone conduction is for a specific frequency range. Other material I listened to didn't seem to have the same pronounced effect at this stage.

I was listening through a Roland USB audio interface which kicks out some serious power and with stock filters / tips.

Based on initial listening, I'm very much looking forward to doing some A/B testing with Elysium and Semper once the Elysium reaches 300hrs. I'm not sure I can see myself keeping both.
It'd be interesting to see what nozzle and filter combination you settle on with Elysium vs Semper once fully burnt in , it gives some kind of idea of the tonality differences.
I had the Mest and it definitely sounded unique there with the bone conduction driver , it was subtle but noticeable. Some air surrounding instruments and making them sound more lively perhaps?
Looking forward to hearing more about it 🙂 enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back