Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 23, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #2,881 of 17,972
so maybe the bone conduction is for a specific frequency range. Other material I listened to didn't seem to have the same pronounced effect at this stage.
A learned colleague told me that with bone conduction you can actually hear fully up to 40kHz...'directly' o_0

Jun 23, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #2,882 of 17,972
A learned colleague told me that with bone conduction you can actually hear fully up to 40kHz...'directly' o_0
Think it also depends on the type of bone conduction driver for the range (just like BAs). The original MEST BC driver kicked in at the mids and into the highs, whereas the second gen driver in the MEST MK2 is fuller range, so actually reaches down a lot further into the bass.

Owned both MESTs (still have the Mk2 as my current favourite IEM) and have the Semper, Elysium and Opus Mia from Bob. Have to say the Elysium is starting to get smooth now with some run in - not sure whether it will eclipse the Semper and OM to get to the top of my IMR tree, but initial signs are promising. Want to give it the full few hundred hours before going up against the MEST, though.

Another great batch of IEMs from Bob, by the sound of it - just gutted I missed out on the BCs.

Jun 23, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #2,883 of 17,972

That sounds interesting and perhaps why everyone comments with “Bone conduction does something but it’s hard to say what” because they have never heard past 20khz so have no way to describe it.
So how about age related hearing loss or damaged hearing loss or hard of hearing people, will it bypass the hearing loss.

Jun 23, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #2,884 of 17,972
But it's beenn a A WEEK. 7 DAYS AND NO TRACKING! So you think that's normal?

There have been staff shortages and illness at the post office. So on Firday or this Monday they said they will get things sorted in the next 1-2 days. So the Astra may have literally only left their post office today?

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #2,885 of 17,972
That sounds interesting and perhaps why everyone comments with “Bone conduction does something but it’s hard to say what” because they have never heard past 20khz so have no way to describe it.
So how about age related hearing loss or damaged hearing loss or hard of hearing people, will it bypass the hearing loss.

Within Mahayana Buddhism part of the practice involves developing your concentration to a degree of 'perfection' As well as developing a profound level of concentration your sense consciousnesses are also developed (as they are also minds)
Anyway, point being is that ones ear consciousness can be developed almost limitlessly into very refined states where you can can effortlessly hear things far more subtle than ordinarily
There are of course some physical elements to the human ear but you actually 'hear' with consciousness and as that can be developed ....so can hearing.
Whether hearing los scan be reversed...I think it depends on the where the issue lyes...but in some cases im sure you could
So, with the greatest respect, this 'humans can only hear from 20hz to 20khz' whilst true for ordinary hearing, is not the whole story by any means :)

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #2,886 of 17,972
Within Mahayana Buddhism part of the practice involves developing your concentration to a degree of 'perfection' As well as developing a profound level of concentration your sense consciousnesses are also developed (as they are also minds)
Anyway, point being is that ones ear consciousness can be developed almost limitlessly into very refined states where you can can effortlessly hear things far more subtle than ordinarily
There are of course some physical elements to the human ear but you actually 'hear' with consciousness and as that can be developed ....so can hearing.
Whether hearing los scan be reversed...I think it depends on the where the issue lyes...but in some cases im sure you could
So, with the greatest respect, this 'humans can only hear from 20hz to 20khz' whilst true for ordinary hearing, is not the whole story by any means :)

I have physical irreversible hearing loss in the traditional hearing sense but my bone conduction tests were always better than my headphone hearing test. The bone conduction skips the eardrum which is where i have scar tissue, but they excite the inner ear bits in the same way your ear drum does, maybe it also does more too i don't know. So maybe it will for some people restore at least something dependant on the type of loss.

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #2,887 of 17,972
I have physical irreversible hearing loss in the traditional hearing sense but my bone conduction tests were always better than my headphone hearing test. The bone conduction skips the eardrum which is where i have scar tissue, but they excite the inner ear bits in the same way your ear drum does, maybe it also does more too i don't know. So maybe it will for some people restore at least something dependant on the type of loss.
That would be great if it could increase music pleasure for people. By all accounts some hearing aids work in this way
Sorry to hear about your scar tissue - Probably the easiest thing to do then would be to learn to lucid dream and llisten to music as you sleep with your subtle sleeping mind :)
In a dream I once listened to a whole, new album from Sigur Ros - When I woke up I was happy to have heard Sigur ros's next album but unhappy to realize it was only an appearance to my mind and would never appear in the waking world. (it was VERY good as well) :frowning2:

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2,888 of 17,972
I want to share my iem log of this last month with all of you:

So, i stopped buying iems for a while, last ones i actually thought “i cannot skip em” was edp+ BC and Knight. The change to CNT was actually something i was looking for, i heard the Vega2020 this year and i was blown away by the technology, actually I’m super hyped about Ozar.

To be brief, knight hasn’t arrived yet, I’m looking forward to it, EDP+ is as everyone is calling it, bass lite, however I’m impressed with the quality of the mids and treble, it sounds like it will be something to talk about. Currently red/ red on acoustic tracks and a couple of live recordings gives me the chills.

BC is what i was expecting though the first days i wasn’t impress either, i thought it was a bit bland, I’m on blue on blue, thinking going red bottom / blue for the sake of clarity, I’m loving em too now, the aten driver has started to rise, and the ADLC CNT driver is adding some serious mids and highs. Impact is great. They do carry some impressive bass weight, must admit that i was biased cause i was using FOCUS EDM iem, which is one bass head huge headphone, it complements the BC thus far.
Hia mate if you don't mind me asking what are your impressions on the FOCUS EDM? I have been eyeing it up for a while now but pulled the trigger on the B C! And I'm not having a great time with them at the moment! I think it might be a fit/seal issue but I'm getting better quantity & quality bass from my R1 Zenith,Aten & Opus Mia and i was hoping the B.C would wipe the floor with them when it comes to Bass! I'm not sure if there is something wrong or it really is a fit/seal issue? I must admit I'm a total Basshead and those FOCUS EDM are deff calling my name! How would you compare the B.C to the EDM? Is the Sub-bass just powerful or does it dig deep? If im not mistaken i think the EDM houses one of the biggest Diaphragm in an iem? Are they very technical or more of a fun tuning? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jun 23, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #2,889 of 17,972
I got the BC in about a week ago. I used them for a few hours on stock black nozzle/black filter setup and honestly wasn't very impressed. Bass was plentiful but didn't sound right to me. I had some time to go through a few filter setups today and find that grey nozzle/blue filter with spiral dot ++ tips is working great for me. I got the full body goose bumps and my jaw dropped to the floor. These are definitely keepers.

A few things that rub me the wrong way about how the company does things are:
-Providing tracking that says the product is on its way but doesn't update saying that it's actually shipped until days after.
-Not providing a tool to remove the back plate to switch plates.
-Unscrewing the nozzles on the IEMs is so hard that I feel like my fingers are going to break when I try to remove them. (edit: only on stock/from factory setup)

All are relatively minor issues for me that have nothing to do with the actual product quality.

These are definitely the real deal sound wise! :)
What I find helps with removing the filters is to utilize the silicone tips. I squeeze the tips and turn the filter to help get a solid grip on them. Perhaps try this out to see if it works for you as well.

Jun 23, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #2,891 of 17,972
I have received the tracking number for my Astra and this time with DHL. I think I will have them in 4 days. 🙏💓🤩🤪
Me too! also on DHL

Jun 23, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #2,894 of 17,972
Hia mate if you don't mind me asking what are your impressions on the FOCUS EDM? I have been eyeing it up for a while now but pulled the trigger on the B C! And I'm not having a great time with them at the moment! I think it might be a fit/seal issue but I'm getting better quantity & quality bass from my R1 Zenith,Aten & Opus Mia and i was hoping the B.C would wipe the floor with them when it comes to Bass! I'm not sure if there is something wrong or it really is a fit/seal issue? I must admit I'm a total Basshead and those FOCUS EDM are deff calling my name! How would you compare the B.C to the EDM? Is the Sub-bass just powerful or does it dig deep? If im not mistaken i think the EDM houses one of the biggest Diaphragm in an iem? Are they very technical or more of a fun tuning? Thanks in advance for your help.
I am a very basshead too. And I find the BC very bassy. I am very conquered. But I have changed the stock IMR tips that I find too smooth in the bass region for the sedna azla xlastec that teightens the middle basses. I use the blue/red filter combination. I am surprised that you fond the BC not bassy!!??

Jun 23, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #2,895 of 17,972
Highs and vocals are definitely settling after 25 hours on the elysium, changed back to reference filters today. Also took delivery of the Lotoo S1 DAC/Amp, really nice pairing with Elysium.
Still finding it hard to explain/define what it is that the bone conduction adds, however it does add something, and its very very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back