Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 1, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #1,996 of 17,972
Mar 1, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #1,998 of 17,972
I wonder what
  • Interchangeable face plates in Black, Purple and gold
Does it mean?
It means you'll get Black purple and gold facepates in the box so you can bling them out any colour you like as long is it black purple or gold a la Henry Ford 2.0

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #1,999 of 17,972
It means you'll get Black purple and gold facepates in the box so you can bling them out any colour you like as long is it black purple or gold a la Henry Ford 2.0
Does it include a screwdriver?

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #2,000 of 17,972
Cables to match the purple faceplates.

Screenshot_20210301-221149.png

Screenshot_20210301-221010.png

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #2,003 of 17,972
Does it include a screwdriver?
I dont think so, but if its the same standard as every other IMR its a Torx #3 - you have penty of time to find one! They're pretty inexpensive.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #2,005 of 17,972
I dont think so, but if its the same standard as every other IMR its a Torx #3 - you have penty of time to find one! They're pretty inexpensive.

I have a kit at home, just need the IEMs now.😎

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #2,006 of 17,972
Hakugei cable are so expensive. I wonder if they really improve the sound vs same cable but cheaper?

30€ vs 300€. I have no idea but these have quite different materials.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #2,007 of 17,972
I own the Zenith, R2 Aten, Red, PB1 and have bought and returned the Rah, EDP, Opus Mia and Semper. None of them fit super great but i can live with and get by using the R2 Aten and PB1, the new models i can see obvious similarities of an updated R2 Aten looking face and a resembling PB1 rear but the sticking point for me is the angle of the nozzle which looks to be the same as the Semper and Opus Mia and the very reason i returned them. The benefit of the new shell is being smaller so that it can be rotated to a better angle unlike the larger Semper shells but even on my R2 Aten and PB1 the cable connector is practically vertical on my ear, this is no problem but looking at the new shells it appears in the pictures i would need to rotate from anatomically typically correct, past vertical and then somewhere angled backwards. Essentially if i swap left to right with Semper, they then fit perfectly with the angle of the nozzle.

Edit, i also know my ears are an anomaly and in no way am i being detrimental to Bob's designs and i hope they work out great for all y'all. I do wish for the new shell design made semper sized though, squeeze are few more drivers in there because reasons lol.
it's strange and annoying in the same time. I hope one day you will find something that can fit you well. So that you can appreciate your listening journey.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #2,008 of 17,972
I can confirm what @andersos just wrote, the overseas prices are now exclusive of UK VAT. So to the listed price I have to add 20% for French VAT. This makes the Astra or Elysium much more expensive than the Semper actually, since that one also came with the biggest customer discount, much deeper than this time around (it is still generous mind you).

For me the Rah (planar) was the most lifelike timbre-wise, so I would have gone for the Elysium. It will end up too expensive, shame as I was dying to try out that bone conduction driver. It’s not like I’m through with my Semper though so all’s well.
I should have report for you on my RAH CIEM conversion shortly. Long story short....., my ear impressions got misplaced and I had to send another set to vietnam, so Kien is just doing the shells now. I should have had them back befor Christmas, it'll be end of March now but I'm expecting them to be pretty amazing.

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #2,010 of 17,972
it's strange and annoying in the same time. I hope one day you will find something that can fit you well. So that you can appreciate your listening journey.

Thank you i hope i can find my ultimate IMR although i am very happy with my current selection i have had a taste of what else is achieveable so the thirst is real and why i keep asking for more of Bob and the boundaries to be pushed further.

Out of all i currently have the R2 Aten is still the one which just keeps on giving and wont give up on me and is a great workhorse, my PB1 are smooth, laidback yet full of energy. I keep thinking my PB1 have a fault as the sound keeps dipping in volume on the right earpiece which i thought i had traced to a faulty line level cable which was faulty by the way, now the fault is back but im using a different amp and line level route, switched to my Aten and it is still there. I have a feeling my DAC may be taking a proverbial as that is the only common denominator left which would cause the fault to follow where i go in my system, actually it may be in the recording, who wants to help me kindly and listen to this, it starts at 1.10 and comes and goes throughout after that. it has to be the recording, if not it is my hearing otherwise i'm DAC shopping and i really dont want to lol. Oh no so playing it back using balanced out of DAC and it's not doing it as bad, it is there though. But it is only on certain tracks, please tell me you hear it and it is in the track.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back