Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 2, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #2,026 of 17,972
Now he's going to start messing with our eyes? What's next, some new AI tech that synchronizes the audio and visual inputs with the the appropriate olfactory sensation. Wow, that would be some kind of Tribrid! I love Nirvana and all but I'm not sure I'd want to experience "Smells like Teen Spirit" with a device like that.... Although, I am a little curious
Bone conduction, butt conduction, kinesthetic playback - what lies now “Ultraque”, beyond the stars? An audio chair that will make the smell of Teen Spirit so real you will travel through time and be transported to the video clip shoot.

Seriously, what other mad science brand but IMR is going to make us go into these wild tangents? Other threads are like “oh, will you do a tear-up? I wonder what would change with alternative capacitors” or “new driver material! Chinese papier-mâché detritus.”
In here @NellieG is bringing up a potential Opus Amazeballs 🤪 and the latest tech is not even audible per se 😵

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #2,027 of 17,972
Bone conduction, butt conduction, kinesthetic playback - what lies now “Ultraque”, beyond the stars? An audio chair that will make the small of Teen Spirit so real you will travel through time and be transported to the video clip shoot.

This is literally what I am searching for, I’m not looking to have the suspension of disbelief in front of me that I can touch the artist, I want to be transported back in time to experience that which was experienced.

In here @NellieG is bringing up a potential Opus Amazeballs 🤪 and the latest tech is not even audible per se 😵

It is fair to say many others are already thinking the same which leads me to believe we ask we receive, I just hope it is created properly and not created for the sake of it.

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #2,028 of 17,972
It's done! Elysium is ordered. I already regret selling the EDPs but man am I excited to get my hand on these.
In the meantime I should have my reworked RAHs back in about 3 weeks. for those of you curious about what the drivers look like here you go, the heartbeat of my RAH, next to their new body - artwork coming next. and the best part, they're already burned in!

RAH CIEM.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #2,030 of 17,972
I a/b'ed the Halcyon (estats) vs. the Rah (planar) last night to see if I could tell which of the two would sound more like the MEST with a bc added.

In my observation, I feel the Elysium (planar) would be the closest match. The vocals and treble being pushed forward with a nice size soundstage! As far as bass is concerned, well, we all know Bob!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆

As for the Halcyon, it was a little difficult to distinguish? The mid bass on the Halcyon is a bit overbearing to my ears, therefore presented this obstacle. If the Astra is not tuned in this manner, mid bass hump, it would be a very nice and different iem from the MEST for me to add to my collection!!!

Hope this may help someone???!

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #2,033 of 17,972
Looks like there are few of us! I'm pretty stoked about these. I know the RAH, EDP, Cupid, Tin P1, and Tri i3 and I really believe these will be magic!

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #2,034 of 17,972
What does MEST mean? :|
Unique Melody MEST https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/unique-melody-mest.24182/

I think, the Elysium and Astra will blow them away. I've heard them, I liked them a fair bit- didnt love them.
Bob will implement the BC Driver much better to be sure. Their universal model missed much of the effect of the BC - its generally agreed that to get the effect of the Bone Conduction in MEST you need to go CIEM. Bob will absolutely dial this in or he wouldnt be selling it.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #2,035 of 17,972
I chose the Astra and this is music to my ears!

"The Astra Ultraque is tuned very differently. And with the new adlc the bass has better control so no bleed.

Both Elysium and Astra offer the best staging yet due to the added bc but in essence the Astra is highly detailed and those details are pushed forward and the Elysium is smoother detail presentation and a slightly bigger stage thanks to the planar."

Mar 3, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #2,036 of 17,972
I chose the Astra and this is music to my ears!

"The Astra Ultraque is tuned very differently. And with the new adlc the bass has better control so no bleed.

Both Elysium and Astra offer the best staging yet due to the added bc but in essence the Astra is highly detailed and those details are pushed forward and the Elysium is smoother detail presentation and a slightly bigger stage thanks to the planar."
And now the wait..................................................

Mar 3, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #2,037 of 17,972
It's done! Elysium is ordered. I already regret selling the EDPs but man am I excited to get my hand on these.
In the meantime I should have my reworked RAHs back in about 3 weeks. for those of you curious about what the drivers look like here you go, the heartbeat of my RAH, next to their new body - artwork coming next. and the best part, they're already burned in!

I actually traded off my Semper and kept my Imr Rah (but am using it EQ'd silver nozzle/Black filter AutoEQ preset)

Tempted by the Elysium...maybe the smaller dynamic driver won't have an 8khz peak? But I wonder if it will maintain punchiness.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #2,038 of 17,972
I actually traded off my Semper and kept my Imr Rah (but am using it EQ'd silver nozzle/Black filter AutoEQ preset)

Tempted by the Elysium...maybe the smaller dynamic driver won't have an 8khz peak? But I wonder if it will maintain punchiness.
Go read all the feedback on ADLC on the ALO / Campfire Site. I think we're going to have a winner here. That 8K Peak wouldnt have come from the Aten Driver, if anything it would have come the Piezo - I think, or maybe the EStats. I believe the new ADLC + a reworked 12mm Planar will pure magic. You cant use use the RAH as good example of what to expect from a planar - because it's certainly contributing in the RAH but there is so much more going on with the DD + Piezo + Planar all operating at the their full frequencies... I've had a few Planar only and Planar + DDs including the EDP - and there you can isolate what the planar is doing and it really is luscious - no spike to my ears -BUT - its new planar coming in a new model so we are all about to be surpised. And then there's the BC - which is an unknown quantity in an IMR implementation but again, I can't see it adding harshness. I think this one is a safe bet, but that just my assessment.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #2,039 of 17,972
Wondering if all IMR IEMs are using the same cables, or whether the higher-tier ones / recent models are expected to have better quality?
In other words, how good are the stock cables and how much would one need to invest to get an “upgrade” compares to the ones that come with the IMR IEMs?
Cheers!

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #2,040 of 17,972
Wondering if all IMR IEMs are using the same cables, or whether the higher-tier ones / recent models are expected to have better quality?
In other words, how good are the stock cables and how much would one need to invest to get an “upgrade” compares to the ones that come with the IMR IEMs?
Cheers!
IMR Stock Cables are premium OFC Pure Copper Cables - where most manufacturers throw in a low end cable, IMR will send you a premium cable, In faact you three of the them with the Elysium or Astra 3.5, 2.5 & 4.4 I would suggest just wait and receive them, burn them in - and here's a heads-up to a new customer - when Bob says 200 hours of burn in to reach full potential, he ain't kidding. Everyone of us will tell you that Burn in is really on these babies. Anyway, you can always change a cable later but there is absolutely no need out of the box. And none of us have heard these new models yet, so copper may be exactly what they need or with the planar some may want to go pure silver or some other exotic alloy to extend the palanr - but no one can say yet ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back