Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 1, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #1,981 of 17,972
If you already own old models like pb1, halcyon. It's almost the same shell.
I own the Zenith, R2 Aten, Red, PB1 and have bought and returned the Rah, EDP, Opus Mia and Semper. None of them fit super great but i can live with and get by using the R2 Aten and PB1, the new models i can see obvious similarities of an updated R2 Aten looking face and a resembling PB1 rear but the sticking point for me is the angle of the nozzle which looks to be the same as the Semper and Opus Mia and the very reason i returned them. The benefit of the new shell is being smaller so that it can be rotated to a better angle unlike the larger Semper shells but even on my R2 Aten and PB1 the cable connector is practically vertical on my ear, this is no problem but looking at the new shells it appears in the pictures i would need to rotate from anatomically typically correct, past vertical and then somewhere angled backwards. Essentially if i swap left to right with Semper, they then fit perfectly with the angle of the nozzle.

Edit, i also know my ears are an anomaly and in no way am i being detrimental to Bob's designs and i hope they work out great for all y'all. I do wish for the new shell design made semper sized though, squeeze are few more drivers in there because reasons lol.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,983 of 17,972
I just hope he can tame that 8kHz peak i mentioned in the past. And it would be perfect.

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #1,984 of 17,972
In Poland, when Customs decides to inspect your mail (funnily enough, this has never happened in the case of shipments from Asia - China, Japan, Hong Kong - irrespective of value declared, unless the parcel was shipped with DHL; though I expect this to change come July), they send you a letter requesting certain documents, such as screenshot of the transaction page, invoice, and your proof of payment in addition to a declaration of the parcel's contents and value. As a result, once they decide to inspect it there's no way to go around having to pay VAT and handling charges because they will always see how much you actually paid.

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #1,985 of 17,972
Yes I think bass wouldn’t be massive as Aten driver and piezo isn’t my favorite highs driver but having PB2 I think would be a big upgrade both new models.
I bet Bob will do a super new iem with est planar ADLC and BC 😜 before 2021 end

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #1,986 of 17,972
In Poland, when Customs decides to inspect your mail (funnily enough, this has never happened in the case of shipments from Asia - China, Japan, Hong Kong - irrespective of value declared, unless the parcel was shipped with DHL; though I expect this to change come July), they send you a letter requesting certain documents, such as screenshot of the transaction page, invoice, and your proof of payment in addition to a declaration of the parcel's contents and value. As a result, once they decide to inspect it there's no way to go around having to pay VAT and handling charges because they will always see how much you actually paid.
That's the common procedure in EU.

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #1,988 of 17,972
I'm afraid I will have to skip the new stuff. Probably I would go with Astra Ultraque since both DAPs I own are a bit warmer but not now. I will wait for the PB3 and maybe experiment some Chi-Fi. I'm happy with IMR IEMs I have now, just a little pissed off I missed PB2.

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #1,989 of 17,972
PB2 needs very long burnin...😅

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #1,990 of 17,972
Mar 1, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #1,991 of 17,972
I'm afraid I will have to skip the new stuff. Probably I would go with Astra Ultraque since both DAPs I own are a bit warmer but not now. I will wait for the PB3 and maybe experiment some Chi-Fi. I'm happy with IMR IEMs I have now, just a little pissed off I missed PB2.
Just sold my EDP :disappointed: , going for the Elysium :ksc75smile: and wife's gonna :deadhorse:me

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #1,993 of 17,972
I've owned a few of Bob's earphones and have always loved the sound however I've always struggled with fit, I struggle with lots of different earphones not just IMR's.
I'm going to skip this new line and also sell my Halcyon, be listing them tonight.

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #1,994 of 17,972
Mar 1, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #1,995 of 17,972
Could anyone help decide on the choice between Elysium vs Astra?

Never owned a planar-based earphone or headphone, and was wondering if there are any ‘typical’ differences that one may experience by going with one vs. the other?
There's a fluidity and naturalness to a planar that I havent found in any other tech. They are also very resolving with great detail retrieval. With the ADLC + Planar operating without crossover in their full range. I think the Elysium is going to be a slam dunk. I've heard BC in the MEST and it's hard to describe what it does for sound reproduction but in the MEST at least it does fill out the mids produce some holographic effect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back