Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,966 of 18,011
I can confirm what @andersos just wrote, the overseas prices are now exclusive of UK VAT. So to the listed price I have to add 20% for French VAT. This makes the Astra or Elysium much more expensive than the Semper actually, since that one also came with the biggest customer discount, much deeper than this time around (it is still generous mind you).

For me the Rah (planar) was the most lifelike timbre-wise, so I would have gone for the Elysium. It will end up too expensive, shame as I was dying to try out that bone conduction driver. It’s not like I’m through with my Semper though so all’s well.
How does this work? why 20%? When I order from China for example I ask them to declare the package as 40 euros so I dont pay taxes . For other packages that were not declared less than actual price I payed 30 euros max in tax. Why is it so much now?

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #1,967 of 18,011
So, I ordered the astra ultrack. Because my shanling m8 is a warm DAP. And the electrostatic will balance it in a good way. Do you know bob has include a small pocket case for these new models.

I. just hope, bob will not declare another special, top killer ultra semper attack in the bone with all the drivers he has.😥😂

Cannot wait now.🤤🤤🤩

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #1,968 of 18,011
How does this work? why 20%? When I order from China for example I ask them to declare the package as 40 euros so I dont pay taxes . For other packages that were not declared less than actual price I payed 30 euros max in tax. Why is it so much now?
You can declare it without a proof of payment?😮😥 In Switzerland it is impossible. Costumers need the bill. And vat is very expensive. You have luck.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #1,970 of 18,011
You can declare it without a proof of payment?😮😥 In Switzerland it is impossible. Costumers need the bill. And vat is very expensive. You have luck.
Ordering from China, Hong Kong and even USA, I asked the store to declare the package at a lower price when handing it to DHL or whatever and there was no problem. Don't jow it works elsewhere though.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #1,972 of 18,011
You mean, asking bob to declare it in a cheaper price?😮

In switzerland I will pay around 200 gbp of VAT.😥😭
In Italy packages coming from outside of the EU are subject to taxes unless they are declared less than 40 euros. You could search for Suisse and see how it works there. Then you can ask him to do it. The downside is insurance not being paid if anything happens to the package. But that's unlikely.

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #1,973 of 18,011
Chinese companies can easily do this, because custom will never get hold of them, but Bob risks to get caught when illegally declare a lower price than you have actually paid. I wouldn‘t do it if I were Bob.

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #1,974 of 18,011
Chinese companies can easily do this, because custom will never get hold of them, but Bob risks to get caught when illegally declare a lower price than you have actually paid. I wouldn‘t do it if I were Bob.
Ordering from Drop and Musicteck, both based in the US , they agreed to do it, so it's not only China. But if there's a risk I can understand if he doesn't do it .

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #1,976 of 18,011
In Italy packages coming from outside of the EU are subject to taxes unless they are declared less than 40 euros. You could search for Suisse and see how it works there. Then you can ask him to do it. The downside is insurance not being paid if anything happens to the package. But that's unlikely.
In Switzerland the limit is 50 chf. But I am surprised that bob takes the risk. 😮 I will not ask him because I don't want t give him problems.

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #1,978 of 18,011
I have the feeling that more IEM's are in fact going to come this year, contrary to what Bob actually states, this maybe wishful thinking on my part as i have not bought any of the 6 released models so far. I'm certain the fit is not going to work out for me but i need to see more pictures from more angles to figure it out. I don't wish to choose between the Planar vs Electrostat descriptions when i want both all in one model, end game they may be but i'm looking for something beyond end game, the ultimate end game if you will. If this is really it for this year then 2022 it is.

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #1,979 of 18,011
I have the feeling that more IEM's are in fact going to come this year, contrary to what Bob actually states, this maybe wishful thinking on my part as i have not bought any of the 6 released models so far. I'm certain the fit is not going to work out for me but i need to see more pictures from more angles to figure it out. I don't wish to choose between the Planar vs Electrostat descriptions when i want both all in one model, end game they may be but i'm looking for something beyond end game, the ultimate end game if you will. If this is really it for this year then 2022 it is.
If you already own old models like pb1, halcyon. It's almost the same shell.

It's always time to save again money.😅😭🤤

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #1,980 of 18,011
It will end like this. 😂😂😂

radar-accoustique-son-detecteur-guerre-01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back