IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Aug 9, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #436 of 698
I also have huge ear holes. :/ I can only use Large of any tips - The Large Xelestec are a perfect fit for me though...luckily, but they looked huge out of the box !

Tried the Large again this afternoon and using index fingers to hold the seal, a really good tip indeed that will deliver reference sound with a little trade off in the vocal range.

Glad that you got a good fit.

Aug 9, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #439 of 698
That sounds a little dirty
Keep it clean fellas ..... Hee Hee Hee LOL
1596995632194.png

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #442 of 698
Opus shipped today. First pair and waiting tenuously. Saw that last group of IEMs took close to a month. Is this the norm? Hopefully will be faster as it is the only one shipping right now.

There was a multitude of reasons why the last pre orders took so long, it was basically a perfect storm scenario.

Mine have shipped and should be here tomorrow so the usual next day delivery before 1PM. Yours may be a couple of weeks as you’re over the pond to me.

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #444 of 698
I'm very fortunate to have several sets of very good IEMs, yet I want the the OPUS, I want the Semper and I'll likely want whatever is going to be announced next. But I have come, to the conclusion that if for some reason I could only have one set of IEMS, it would be the EDPs that are in my ears right now. They've now got about 160hours on them and they are superb. They dont reach down as low as the RAHs or reach up to sparkle as high as my Fusions and M3s. But they've got beautiful tone, texture and deep rumble with lots of detail and crispness and are incredibly balanced with no congestion or sibilance. I could listen to these things all day with no fatigue. All that in a small, travel friendly comfortable package. They are so good in so many ways and have given me everything that I was hoping for in them and more. Thank you, Bob

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #447 of 698
I posted this over on R3 Semper thread. Reposting here for anyone not following that discussion: Bob put out another email to existing customers this morning that he's considering another run of the EDP and he provided a survey link to register expressions of interest. These EDPs (at £160) are a steal. Mine took a solid 150 hours to develop and they are sensational. They don't extend quite as high as, let's say the the RAH, but the balance he's achieved with that Planar and DD is really quite something. Plenty of sparkle, beautiful mids - vocals, strings and pianos are superb, and there's plenty of grunt down low. Because of their form they are far more versatile than any previous or current offering (I can sleep with them and they've got moderate isolation) and I will be travelling with them. If you are not yet an IMR customer, I'd write to Bob and encourage him to do another run and grab yourself a set. And there's no loyalty discount on them so you can join the family at the same price everyone else paid for them and get yourself a code like the rest of us.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #448 of 698
Opus on the way. Lol left UK for the states.
Looking forward to your impressions. I'm seriously waffling on picking them up too. I mean I love the RAH and the EDP, but I think next level up from RAH for me is Semper, which I've now missed.

Aug 12, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #449 of 698
What a sad day. After 150+ hours of break-in, took them out for a spin. Came home to find that the right earpiece fell off the cable and is forever lost. It had fallen off the cable a few times before, but I caught it. Really should've been more careful. I've answered the questionnaire from Bob, voting to have another EDP run, hoping for the best. It really is the best balance of size/weight/comfort and sound quality. Back to my boring but trusty ER4XR for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back