IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jun 28, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #121 of 698
I / we really appreciate you making these updates for us. Cant wait to get my hands on mine ... still no word. But seeing how you are a foam guy, as am I I'll repost this, which I put on the RAH thread earlier in the week:
They are really that good IMHO TENNMAK 12pcs Ultra Strong Earphone Memory Foam Eartips Ear Tips
:D I saw your post earlier and have the tab opened and ready to order
Partly I have to use foams really because I have large ear openings but [for me] the NewBee foams are [surprisingly - tonally speaking] perfect. Im really looking forward to hearing these Tenmark ones though - Thanks so much for the heads up

I recall never getting an update for my Rahs and they just appeared one day! They did take a little longer than I was expecting - like 2-3 days longer but they arrived fine

Im quite excited & interested to hear others feedback on the EDP - They way they sometimes present an instrument far out to the right and left with superb clarity so you can really listen to its unique qualities is magical
The EDP certainly has some unique 'characteristics''
An IEM though with -characteristics- can be either exceptional or distracting.
They do offer something audibly different every time you alter something!! - tips, player, music. Which means if you don't get it right its . . . tough . . .
but when you gather everything together that really suites the EDP's then some real magic can happen o_0

>> I think its kinda important to bear that in mind with these IEM's. As I say, they are like a multifaceted diamond - You may need to adjust a few times until they shine for you :D

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #122 of 698
The remind me of Tape in level fo detail but maybe more dynamic, more 3D & holographic
On the one hand - I don't think they have much basshead potential TBH. The titanium driver is quite focussed and seems to be tuned to
add a balanced low end to COMPLIMENT the Planar driver.

On the other hand - Maybe you could boost low end - They respond well to EQ so...maybe. perhaps you can let me know :)
Im not really interested in anything excessive personally - I want music to be as natural as possible so bass-head has no appeal to me :/

I have on the Black/Black filter which with other IMR would give huge low end but here they give well balanced over all sound
I still have more testing and different combinations to try, tip rolling etc

Forget to mention, they really love ESS Sabre Dac chips -
They are very versatile. i wouldn't be surprised if people experience different things with them :)
That's good. If I hear things similarly I'll be content as long as I can coax sufficient bass out of those Ti drivers.
The detail that my Tapes present is addictive, and I'm very glad to hear that the EDP share this characteristic.
I'm hoping I can get the bass/general signature that I'd like via nozzle/filter choice (slight basshead tendancies, but the bass I like is accurate & tight despite being somewhat elevated) without resorting to EQ (I'm not much of a fan of EQ)
I'll be mostly pairing mine with a Hiby R5.
Hopefully I'll see for myself soon :pray:

Jun 28, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #123 of 698
That's good. If I hear things similarly I'll be content as long as I can coax sufficient bass out of those Ti drivers.
The detail that my Tapes present is addictive, and I'm very glad to hear that the EDP share this characteristic.
I'm hoping I can get the bass/general signature that I'd like via nozzle/filter choice (slight basshead tendancies, but the bass I like is accurate & tight despite being somewhat elevated) without resorting to EQ (I'm not much of a fan of EQ)
I'll be mostly pairing mine with a Hiby R5.
Hopefully I'll see for myself soon :pray:
A qualified low end is really important for me as well. Sounds like we have similar 'needs' - Im still tweaking mt EDP's - I want to warm them up a tad but without loosing too much detail
I was thinking to have the bass of the Aten dynamic driver with this planar would be amazing . . . but then i remembered - that is what the Rah is...which I own ..DOH!

I use an old FiiO M3 as my burn in device and they sound very good on that...= ESS Sabre Dac chip.
My instinct right now is too burn them in more. I think they have had around 140 hours. I know they can be tweaked to the right sound [for me] Im just trying to find the way!
Right now - it feels some of the detail is being presented through the 'Highs' as oppose to the driver itself..if that makes sense!?
I want the detail to come from the driver not the tuning...which is why Im wondering how they will mature over time / burn in
I sill have a ton of tips and some cables to try

An intriguing IEM - Its a bit like trying to entice a lady into your boudoir who is clearly way above your station but you have it on good authority that she fancies you !!! :D

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #124 of 698
Still no notification for me, based in Germany

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #130 of 698
First of July, still no tracking number. Considering travel time of my previous IMR orders, 15-20 days from shipping, the best delivery prevision i can have is end of July. Not good at all, even considering Corona.☹️☹️☹️

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #133 of 698
They must really be swamped. I'm still waiting for any messages about the EDP. My order has been "confirmed" for a week now, so I don't even know if they've even shipped it and are just slow uploading it into their system or if it's still awaiting shipping.

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #134 of 698
Wrote Bob and got my tracking confirmation, the package is about to leave the UK!

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #135 of 698
Nothing here in Canada either. Considering I was order #53 for the EDP I’m not that impressed to be honest. I’m guessing that the U.K. orders will be processed first and overseas will come after. My order doesn’t even say confirmed yet. I have the feeling I’ll be seeing them sometime in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back