IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jun 17, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #91 of 698
Nothing here either (USA). I have both the EDP and the PB1 coming. Not a complaint by any means. I'm just impatient :)
While the EDP is still an unkown quantity, we have reason for optimism, As for the PB1, I can promise you that your patience will be rewarded - I've got my RAHs planted in my skull even now as I write this :)

Jun 17, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #94 of 698
A UK guy in the RAH thread just stated his EDP is arriving tomorrow. I expected tracking numbers fairly early and then slow movement in the postal system. It's a laborious process to input all those numbers so I guess it's taking longer than we expect. Glad I don't have to do that. One digit off and someone's tracking is screwed.
Someone seems to have it already and shared innitial thoughts on Rah page.

Jun 18, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #96 of 698
Got email from Bob today, they are shipping express orders today or tomorrow.

D7683D40-8B69-4C12-B04E-93AA714F5521.jpeg

Jun 18, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #97 of 698
So here are my impressions over the last 24 hours [In order]
I didn't get them early, its just that I live about 90 minutes drive away from where they were shipped!! I am not special

Edited some areas from my initial ramblings over on the RAH thread :)

I'll start by summarizing :
[for me]

The RED2 show all the superb qualities of the IMR - Aten Dynamic driver
The EDP show all the superb qualities of the IMR - Planar

The EDP I would say (initially) excel in details and speed of bass. There is not the lushness . . .yet . . .I might expect from planar but experience with IMR products show there can be a huge difference after 20/60/100 hours burn in
Obviously they are absolutely stunning as are all of IMR IEM's. The only potential point of discussion I would imagine might be the 'new'? titanium driver. It is different to the Aten driver - seems to be built for speed and impact but ... still shows real potential for warm sub bass.
edit: I should add that the level of detail is extraordinary and the space and 3D imaging is already huge !!

However if my statement about the 'purpose' of them or how and why they a re placed in the IMR range then this combo makes perfect sense
Anyway I think they do show their price
but that is not really a criticism but a realistic down to earth reality. That is not to say that I would be in anyway unhappy to go from listening to Rah indoors and then switch to the EDP for a walk outside. I would still enjoy them immensely but the Rah is special...and the pricing rightly reflects that
Anyway..some initial thoughts over the last 24 hours:
- - -

Just having a quick listen on Hiby R3 (Out of 2.5mm balanced). 100 hours burn in is a long way off but...

Suffice it to say Bob has created something truly magical with his Planers.
Vocals are natural and present and perfectly mixed with the music levels and position wise
Soundstage already is big with a superb 3D separation
There is an amazing sub bass that pops in and out, deep within the mix.
I was very excited to hear off Bobs 'New'? Titanium driver. So far its looking intriguingly good indeed
Micro details are there and the planers give a tantalisingly delicate accurate presentation especially with acoustic instruments
Im also at work so I noticed when I concentrate on something the music instantly disappears - Which for me means, there is nothing distracting or wrong with it at all

These are a VERY special IEM. Legendary status potential
Anyhoo, will update with final impressions after 100 hours or so
--
Comfort is fine for me - The foam holds them in place so I dont think the shells actually touch ears ! The shells are a little bigger and fatter than I thought they would be and have a little bit of weight to them. Everyones ears are different but they are fine for me
Its not really fair to comment much with them 'out of the box' but they they may well end up siting somewhere between the Red 2 and the Rah

Having the fun of the Red's with the titanium driver and the technical abilities of the Rahs with their planers - Very interesting
In that they seem to have their own unique sound Im super happy thus far
At the moment they are very fun and dynamic - They are really partying! but I think that was the same impression I had with the Rahs out of the box
I'll do some proper comparisons after a week :)
--
One special quality already apparent is that you can hear the size and space of the room the recording was made in And the reverberations in the room
So the details are there !! o_0
I hear a lot of similar qualities that the Rah had out of the box so Im super excited to hear how they perform when they settle down
--
A quick update - I went back to the shipped filter tuning combination which is black/black. In the past I have avoided this as it produced far more bass than I was comfortable with.
The micro detail retrieval was extraordinary though . . . but the treble was too hot, too intense. Changing filters to black/blue and . . . bingo - Perfect!
I will say, as expected the low end is puncher and faster than the Aten dynamic driver. You hear the qualities one would expect from 'Titanium'
Looking forward to hearing how this dynamic driver develops along with he planar and how the marriage of the two ends up after a good 100 hours

EDIT: Int terms of where the EDP sit within the IMR range I think they are there to offer speed and exceptional detail retrieval & practically make the perfect 'commute' IEM
--
If I put my hand flat against my ear (using silicone tips which makes the shell go deeper into my ears) then the faet of the outside of the shell is the same level as the outer tip of my ears - I have small ears though. Soft pillows would work.
The shells are quite fat

Until now the purple/gold has been perfect for me! but this time - [at 24 hours of burn in] Black / blue is perfect. Surprised me - Its looking like the filters have a far more subtle change with the sound of the EDP's than with previous IMR IEM's.

I think its fair to say that the Red 2 really showcases the amazing IMR Aten dynamic driver
and the EDP really showcases the amazing Planar driver
I can hear the unique superb qualities of each driver in each earphone....Shows how great the Rah is !
--
the Red 2 seams to fill the whole physical ear hole and so presses slightly against some areas where as the EDP sort of float in the middle with minimal contact. I Usually use foam and in this case they float and dont touch any parts of the ear !! Using silicon though they do go a bit further in
Over all I think its comfortable. They are close to being as fat the Rah though...surprisingly,, but I think the shape negates any issues with the fatness
--

With my fingers over the ends of the tips there is very close to ZERO leakage. I cant see any vents o_0

Hope that helps :)

Jun 18, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #99 of 698
Im closer than you and nothing heard regarding PB One yet, so i guess EDP are being shipped first or you are special.
He is shipping both at the same time. The post office has to sort them out in batches then send him the shipping numbers which he then has to physically update
The post office is not a big one and is on a reduced staffing level so..
Also, I live somewhere that gets a huge amount of mail every day so there 'may' be some some of priority or something or just luck..who knows?
If I had a PB One coming though I would nashing at the walls :) At least they are on the way. I had an earphone disappear for a few weeks recently and has now been doing nothing at Langley...so near yet so far :D

PS Ive known myself for a half a century...Im almost certain that I am not special...although I still hold out hope that I might...just might be? :/

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #100 of 698
He is shipping both at the same time. The post office has to sort them out in batches then send him the shipping numbers which he then has to physically update
The post office is not a big one and is on a reduced staffing level so..
Also, I live somewhere that gets a huge amount of mail every day so there 'may' be some some of priority or something or just luck..who knows?
If I had a PB One coming though I would nashing at the walls :) At least they are on the way. I had an earphone disappear for a few weeks recently and has now been doing nothing at Langley...so near yet so far :D

Yes that's the process i remember too although it doesn't always work out as smoothly, with my Rah delivery they just turned up one day with no notice so with that said i'm expecting much of the same and also my expectation is the end of the month which all in all means i'm actually so chill and calm being entertained with the Zenith and Aten currently. It has taken me 1 year to dial in the tuning on both of those lol but they are perfection now, so much so i consider do i even require the PB One, yet that is spoken from the vantage point of being Rah lass for too long. I'm hoping for another electrostat model to be made to finish off the variety of hybrid IEM's.

Jun 18, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #101 of 698
PS Ive known myself for a half a century...Im almost certain that I am not special...although I still hold out hope that I might...just might be? :/

Its all well and good knowing 'myself' but do you also know 'me and 'i' too....when you know 'me', 'myself' and 'i' you could claim special lol.
In that regard life is just beginning for my age reference and i know 'me' but not 'myself'.
God i talk some absolute nonsense :) (pats oneself on the back, proud moment of reflection)

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #103 of 698
Its all well and good knowing 'myself' but do you also know 'me and 'i' too....when you know 'me', 'myself' and 'i' you could claim special lol.
In that regard life is just beginning for my age reference and i know 'me' but not 'myself'.
God i talk some absolute nonsense :) (pats oneself on the back, proud moment of reflection)

Well if I am honest . . . it is difficult trying to 'know' a 'self' that is a mere appearance to the mind perceiving it and has no substantial existence
from its own side. However it does form a useful basis to communicate with on forums so ermmm . . right . . . good . . . cup of tea then :)

@ Mr Bacon
We are all about our potential. I try to ignore the inevitable present disappointment. I view my own alleged shortcomings as fake news

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #104 of 698
Well if I am honest . . . it is difficult trying to 'know' a 'self' that is a mere appearance to the mind perceiving it and has no substantial existence
from its own side. However it does form a useful basis to communicate with on forums so ermmm . . right . . . good . . . cup of tea then :)

@ Mr Bacon
We are all about our potential. I try to ignore the inevitable present disappointment. I view my own alleged shortcomings as fake news
I think, therefore I am... an incredible simulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back