IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Jun 19, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #107 of 698
IM [a] Really Existentially Deep Player :)

Jun 22, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #111 of 698
Nothing in France

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #113 of 698
Oh yes. I didn't bother to check my account today after doing it for so many days. But now I see that my order is fulfilled too. So it should have been shipped.

Jun 22, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #115 of 698
Nothing in Portugal.

Assurance from Bob during our email conversation, next is waiting..
Hi John,

Every order has been dropped at the post office which they have processed most of them.

We are uploading several hundred tracking numbers and it is slow going at the moment as we have not only these to do but the past 7-10 days have also been exceptionally busy for general orders.

It had been quiet due to Covid19 and then it went mad, strange times.

Please bare with us while we get these uploaded, shouldn’t take much longer.

Regards
Bob
Owner.

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #116 of 698
I hope folks will have them now or very shortly

IMR Acoustics - Every Day Planar

To give some Impressions - after 140 hours + burn in and use
(Due to the unique nature of the EDP's there are still a fair few different set ups to explore with them so take m impressions as not definitive
These have been my experiences with my own unique set up, hearing etc etc!)

Dont worry they are very good - at what they do)

The EDP's are...interesting and seem to exist in a place of theIMR Range showing what incredible details can be had with Planar Magnet technology
Im not hearing a lot of lushness per se but the details are maybe some of the most intricate ive every heard

What they do, which is incredible - Its like a veil being lifted and whole new world of detail being revealed - Which can be amazing but if the recording is too bright it can be a little overwhelming.

They can be quite unforgiving of badly mastered or low res audio but can be extraordinary with exceptional quality

They are ALL about detail retrieval which is there greatest strength and perhaps...at this price point.. a weakness?
Due to their titanium driver the low end is fine, punchy, detailed with sub bass being present but not rumbly deep.
They do at times sound like the top 2 thirds of the frequency range is tuned for details
Again coming back to the price point I think to SOME degree the details are coming from an over all brightness as oppose to extraordinary tuning tech etc etc
On the other hand Bob is a masterful tuner so it is also coming from his expertise

The imaging and separation of instruments can be incredible - Ive had some out of this world holographic 3D experiences with them
However the EDP's do seem Very fussy with what you give them - Using a warm source with a well mastered vinyl rip or sympathetic audio helps them a lot.
Using a bright CD with a cold or analytical DAP = good luck !

About the filters - I personally don't think Bob has tuned them especially for the EDP. I think they are the same as for other IMR products
They act differently with the EDP that with other IMR products and take a bit of getting used to. For example I found that the Gold and the Red, to different
degrees gave a low end that was focussed and tended to push some air / presence INTO my eardrum but it was only the Black filter that gave a smooth more rounded
over all blanketed balanced low end (whilst still giving good tonality of different each individual drum)

Anyway, basically they seem to act differently than with other IMR IEM's For example I tend to favour Purple lower and gold higher filters
but on the EDP's Black lower and Black Upper offer a very similar level of bass and treble

I almost exclusively use NewBee foam tips now on all my IEMs - I tried 3 different Final Audio silicon tips as each one has different qualties
The black, grey stem one gave a smoother more focused sound but the NewBee foams maintained the bright detailed shimmer that is 'house sound'
of the EDP's - In a word - Tip rolling is fun with this IEM!

Listening to folk, acoustic, ambient, classical I found makes the EDP's really shine. They appear to me to be like a delicate oriental dancer! Exquisite and
beautiful and while she 'could' dance to heavy rock or metal it just wouldn't be 'right' or suite them
In other words the EDP is REALLY excellent with natural, well mastered, warmer audio / sources and can very much give you those magical presentations of the audio
that is what this hobby can be all about.

In conclusion, Im very much looking forward to hearing from you other good folks your impressions. They are an intriguing IEM - Like a diamond with many different facets.

With my Rahs and Sony WM1A's EVERY piece of music is as perfect as I could possibly ever wish for - more so - dam right mystical at times.
I have had -some- similar experiences with the EDP. For an IEM that is quite a few hundreds of pounds cheaper this is quite a feat. I need to keep trying different things with them. I do have a crazy demanding ear in terms of every little detail of timbre, tonality, bass, mids, highs etc etc with an IEM so keep that in mind

Let me know your thoughts when you can - especially what set up works best for you :)

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #117 of 698

To give some Impressions - after 140 hours + burn in and use
(Due to the unique nature of the EDP's there are still a fair few different set ups to explore with them so take m impressions as not definitive
These have been my experiences with my own unique set up, hearing etc etc!)

Dont worry they are very good - at what they do)

The EDP's are...interesting and seem to exist in a place of theIMR Range showing what incredible details can be had with Planar Magnet technology
Im not hearing a lot of lushness per se but the details are maybe some of the most intricate ive every heard

They can be quite unforgiving of badly mastered or low res audio but can be extraordinary with exceptional quality

They are ALL about detail retrieval which is there greatest strength and perhaps...at this price point.. a weakness?
Due to their titanium driver the low end is fine, punchy, detailed with sub bass being present but not rumbly deep.
They do at times sound like the top 2 thirds of the frequency range is tuned for details
Again coming back to the price point I think to SOME degree the details are coming from an over all brightness as oppose to extraordinary tuning tech etc etc
On the other hand Bob is a masterful tuner so it is also coming from his expertise

The imaging and separation of instruments can be incredible - Ive had some out of this world holographic 3D experiences with them
However the EDP's do seem Very fussy with what you give them - Using a warm source with a well mastered vinyl rip or sympathetic audio helps them a lot.
Using a bright CD with a cold or analytical DAP = good luck !

About the filters - I personally don't think Bob has tuned them especially for the EDP. I think they are the same as for other IMR products
They act differently with the EDP that with other IMR products and take a bit of getting used to. For example I found that the Gold and the Red, to different
degrees gave a low end that was focussed and tended to push some air / presence INTO my eardrum but it was only the Black filter that gave a smooth more rounded
over all blanketed balanced low end (whilst still giving good tonality of different each individual drum)

Anyway, basically they seem to act differently than with other IMR IEM's For example I tend to favour Purple lower and gold higher filters
but on the EDP's Black lower and Black Upper offer a very similar level of bass and treble

I almost exclusively use NewBee foam tips now on all my IEMs - I tried 3 different Final Audio silicon tips as each one has different qualties
The black, grey stem one gave a smoother more focused sound but the NewBee foams maintained the bright detailed shimmer that is 'house sound'
of the EDP's - In a word - Tip rolling is fun with this IEM!

Listening to folk, acoustic, ambient, classical I found makes the EDP's really shine. They appear to me to be like a delicate oriental dancer! Exquisite and
beautiful and while she 'could' dance to heavy rock or metal it just wouldn't be 'right' or suite them
In other words the EDP is REALLY excellent with natural, well mastered, warmer audio / sources and can very much give you those magical presentations of the audio
that is what this hobby can be all about.

In conclusion, Im very much looking forward to hearing from you other good folks your impressions. They are an intriguing IEM - Like a diamond with many different facets.

With my Rahs and Sony WM1A's EVERY piece of music is as perfect as I could possibly ever wish for - more so - dam right mystical at times.
I have had -some- similar experiences with the EDP. For an IEM that is quite a few hundreds of pounds cheaper this is quite a feat. I need to keep trying different things with them. I do have a crazy demanding ear in terms of every little detail of timbre, tonality, bass, mids, highs etc etc with an IEM so keep that in mind

Let me know your thoughts when you can - especially what set up works best for you :)
Thanks for those impressions.
My fingers are enthusiastically crossed for a delivery in the next couple of days.
How do the EDP compare to the Shuoer Tape? Do they have much basshead potential in your opinion?

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #118 of 698
Thanks for those impressions.
My fingers are enthusiastically crossed for a delivery in the next couple of days.
How do the EDP compare to the Shuoer Tape? Do they have much basshead potential in your opinion?

The remind me of Tape in level fo detail but maybe more dynamic, more 3D & holographic
On the one hand - I don't think they have much basshead potential TBH. The titanium driver is quite focussed and seems to be tuned to
add a balanced low end to COMPLIMENT the Planar driver.

On the other hand - Maybe you could boost low end - They respond well to EQ so...maybe. perhaps you can let me know :)
Im not really interested in anything excessive personally - I want music to be as natural as possible so bass-head has no appeal to me :/

I have on the Black/Black filter which with other IMR would give huge low end but here they give well balanced over all sound
I still have more testing and different combinations to try, tip rolling etc

Forget to mention, they really love ESS Sabre Dac chips -
They are very versatile. i wouldn't be surprised if people experience different things with them :)

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #119 of 698
There is no getting away from that they offer incredible details and a wide 3d Holographic soundstage
Even if people don't like them I reckon everyone is going to be pretty blown away by what they do
and will still still be able to appreciate their unique qualities !

Fingers crossed that they arrive ASAP for everyone patiently waiting

EDIT: As with all IMR - they really do need 100+ hours burn in!

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #120 of 698

To give some Impressions - after 140 hours + burn in and use...

I / we really appreciate you making these updates for us. Cant wait to get my hands on mine ... still no word. But seeing how you are a foam guy, as am I I'll repost this, which I put on the RAH thread earlier in the week:

Speaking of Tips
In the last month I've been rolling through tons of different tips on numerous IEMs. It's amazing how some tips can sound fantastic on some IEMS and horrendous on others. Anyway, I had purchased some months ago, the Tennmak Whirlwinds, the silicone tip that came stock with oBravo Cupids. I quickly learned that with their wide bore they were the best match for my IMR RAHs as well. But having numerous other earphones, I stayed on the hunt for great tips for my Fusions, Xelentos and Nobles. I've been through Symbio W, Final E, Noble Silicone, Comply 400 / 500 Earrbond EBT, etc... Anyway, about a month ago I got a message from Tennmak that they had just released a new Silicone Foam tip that were durable, fit well, isolate and dont distort. They arrived this morning and they are good! Infact, they are my new favorites. Just left them this review:
"These are outstanding foam Tips. Very clearly the the best foam tips I've ever used. They are extremely comfortable, provide the best seal and isolation I've experienced so far and they don't slip. I've got a pair of very shallow nozzle Xelentos and they are notorious for slipping out of the ear and losing the seal even with Complies. The Tennmaks have fixed it! These things give an incredible seal but dont muddy the sound. They fit like foam but offer the clarity of Silicone! Great Job Tennmak. The arrived in my mailbox 30 minutes ago, I've already placed them on my Nobles, Xelentos, itsfit Fusion, and IMR RAH. I just placed another order for 2 more boxes!"

I have no financial interest in posting this but wanted to share. They are really that good IMHO TENNMAK 12pcs Ultra Strong Earphone Memory Foam Eartips Ear Tips

Literally the very next day my Azla Sedna and Earrbond EBT showed up from HKG. I love the Tennmak Foams on everything I tried them with but man, those AZLA SEDNAs are the bomb with the RAH. Same texture, as Final E but wide bore and they are really spectacular with the RAH. So, I'm hoping it'll be the same with nozzles on the EDP. Otherwise I've got those new Tennmak Foams. You should give em a try, they're inexpensive enough to roll the dice on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back