Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color)
Sep 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #32 of 41
And i finally listened to these new beats and they do suck for the price,they are much better then the first solo's,but they where horrible so it was a must to be better but comparing them to my WS99.....they get blown away in every department they do sound clean but that is it.......the bass is there,but by no means near basshead quantity.....they sound more like the WS55......so again for the price they suck....

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #33 of 41
the bass is there,but by no means near basshead quantity

That's part of why they get good reviews, particularly from Tyll himself. If, for you, a good headphones is one that has a loooot of bass, then I agree, they suck.

Good design, nicely build, solid and tight bass, smooth and even response overall, coherent and smooth treble… they ARE good indeed! You just don't like them.

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #34 of 41
Bass is not muddy no,it's clean and tight but does not extend let's say...outside of the box...it stays within some boundery and when i put my WS99 on after it my smile comes back....Beats Solo 2 is like it's been holding back and most people will pick them for the bass tho right...?

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #35 of 41
  Bass is not muddy no,it's clean and tight but does not extend let's say...outside of the box...it stays within some boundery and when i put my WS99 on after it my smile comes back....Beats Solo 2 is like it's been holding back and most people will pick them for the bass tho right...?

People will rather take Solo 1 for the bass. People that will take Solo 2 will do first for the look/name/etc. But they will benefit from a better overall quality, even if they don't realize it!

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #36 of 41
I realize this thread is a bit old but what's the stance on these, at $79.99 on sale for Black Friday they worth it then? Do they still provide decent bass? How do they compare the either Sony XB500 or MDRX05?

Sep 7, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #38 of 41
How are these compare to the studio 2.0 might get a used studio 2.0 or Solo 2.0 on Amazon warehouse. Kinda scared if I will get fakes from Amazon

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #39 of 41
How are these compare to the studio 2.0 might get a used studio 2.0 or Solo 2.0 on Amazon warehouse. Kinda scared if I will get fakes from Amazon

Get the Solo 2.0 from Amazon. If you get used, get it from Amazon Wherehouse with packaging. Then you can check serial number on package and headphones and make sure they match.

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #40 of 41
  Get the Solo 2.0 from Amazon. If you get used, get it from Amazon Wherehouse with packaging. Then you can check serial number on package and headphones and make sure they match.

does the studio and the solo 2.0 sound the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back