[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Dec 23, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #526 of 636
  Hmm, yes, I'm sure you're right. The only thing is that being charged above 80%, or below 20%, tends to harm batteries, so I like to keep my devices charged within the 20%-80% range.

I believe that advice is now outdated - but there is so much contradictory information about charging batteries that you may well be right. As I said, we really need someone from Fiio to give us the official line.

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #527 of 636
  I believe that advice is now outdated - but there is so much contradictory information about charging batteries that you may well be right. As I said, we really need someone from Fiio to give us the official line.

You're right, there is a lot of contradictory advice. Fairly sure that keeping within 20-80 is still generally the safest bet though. Would also appreciate an official line from FiiO!

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #528 of 636
  Hmm, yes, I'm sure you're right. The only thing is that being charged above 80%, or below 20%, tends to harm batteries, so I like to keep my devices charged within the 20%-80% range.

The battery inside X3 has its own protective circuit to stop it from over-charging and over-discharging, so there is no harm from having it plugged in all the time.

However, overly idle isn't good for maintaining the battery health. It is recommended to discharge it once in awhile to make sure the chemical inside will remain active. Remember, regardless whether you uses it or not, Li-ion battery will naturally degrade and lose capacity over time. The key is not overwork it frequently nor let it idle for too long.

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #530 of 636
Dec 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #531 of 636
Anyone can recommend a program to organize songs on the DAP?Songs only show up when i "browse files" and was wondering if there was a specific way to get songs to be organized correctly under artists genre and album under the categories

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #534 of 636
I am a new X3 user, and I absolutely love the sound.

Is there any option to disable/enable USB charging when connected to the computer (includes laptops with limited battery life), so that power is not drained faster than it needs to be on the computer?

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #535 of 636
  Is there any option to disable/enable USB charging when connected to the computer (includes laptops with limited battery life), so that power is not drained faster than it needs to be on the computer?

No, there is no way to disable the charging.

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #536 of 636

No, there is no way to disable the charging.

@ClieOS,

Can the + & - contacts of the USB cable be covered w/tape to prevent only power from being routed?

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #537 of 636

@ClieOS,

Can the + & - contacts of the USB cable be covered w/tape to prevent only power from being routed?

Just tried, doesn't work. It probably needs the USB power to trigger the connection.

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #538 of 636
Does anyone have tried the lineout from X3? In my 2012 Mazda3 when i connect its lineout to car's AUX in, it overloads the car audio system! I had to use the headphone out at about 25-30 volume for normal listening. This was very surprising. I should note that with high quality FLACs, the lineout is much better but with my normal MP3 files (160-256 Kbps) this happens. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #539 of 636
  Does anyone have tried the lineout from X3? In my 2012 Mazda3 when i connect its lineout to car's AUX in, it overloads the car audio system! I had to use the headphone out at about 25-30 volume for normal listening. This was very surprising. I should note that with high quality FLACs, the lineout is much better but with my normal MP3 files (160-256 Kbps) this happens. 

i believe most cars' audio systems, "line in" is actually "headphone in", so that could be why.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #540 of 636

I use lineout on the X3 when connected to my FiiO E12. It works perfectly. Like CH23, my guess is that most car audio systems expect headphone output from portable audio devices.

Cheers... Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back