[Impression] FiiO E7 (warning: lot of pics!!!)
Jul 3, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #152 of 195
just got my e7 and its totally worthless via HPO.... via LOD its fine.... and used as USB DAC is good...but volume control via HPO is worthless....

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #153 of 195
Hi, new here. Very curious  to know izzit the E7 pair with laptops/desktop 2.1 speakers (example : Edifier S530) will perform well?? Ofcoz compare with ext. or int. sound card. Planing to get better SQ for my speaker, but don't know izzit E7 is my smart choice or not?  Please give me some advise.

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #154 of 195
I got E7 from Jaben malaysia...the soundstage is wider its funs with the bass boast option....but i was wondering as the DAC is only functioning when using the USB audio in mode?? when i was connecting the E7 with the mp3 player using the 3.5mm audio in,will it be the DAC functioning?? or just the normal amplifying mode for the headphone??

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #155 of 195
DAC only works when you connect the USB port to a PC.

Aug 5, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #157 of 195
This might be usable as a DAC with items that have USB Host on-the-go as I assume the iPad does.  I have been looking into using it with the HTC Desire and someone has got usb host working on it but it currently is not in a rom build. The only issue is that there is no power out via the HTC desire so the DAC/amp would have to supply all the power. 

One other use, for those in the UK that got the £50 O2 joggler's this should work with either the joggler OS or ubuntu, which should substantially improve the sound output of the device.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #161 of 195
Swapped my udac2 for one of these, should be here this week hopefully from head-direct
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #163 of 195
Quote:
Do you know how the uDac-2 compares? Will be waiting for comparisions!

I did a small comparison b/w the uDAC and E7 before (in the comment section). Not really want to update to uDAC2 since I won't have a lot use of it. If uDAC2 is indeed better than the old uDAC, then maybe it will worthwhile.

Nov 18, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #165 of 195
Wow, as an obsessive review reader for anything I am looking to purchase, thank you for a great review ClieOS! In-Depth, comprehensive, plenty of pics, simply fantastic.

Anywho, I'm curios if this might be overkill for some AKG 142's that I'm looking at getting. This and the E5 seem to be leading candidates at the moment for a portable amp, and I love that this is also a DAC. Worth the extra $$?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back