[Impression] FiiO E7 (warning: lot of pics!!!)
Apr 23, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #136 of 195
are you sure this is smaller than the bithead?

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #137 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got an email answer from Fiio this morning. The E7 is set for a May 10 release. Hope that's true! This will be my first true portable amp. Toyed with the Bithead, but it's just too big to lug around.

This is posted under the Fiio section of headfi

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f180/n...ml#post6579681

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #138 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlosfandango /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is posted under the Fiio section of headfi

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f180/n...ml#post6579681

Oh, my bad. I didn't even realize there was a Fiio section. Thanks.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #139 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you sure this is smaller than the bithead?

If I'm converting my metric system to inches correctly, then yes, it's smaller and lighter. The bithead ins't huge, but it's really not something that you can just slip in your pocket along with a portable player and not notice it's there. At least not to me. It's kind of bulky and weighs a bit more.

Willing to take the chance. I hope I'm not wrong. I really don't like carrying ams with me. Cables and the extra bulk just make me feel like I am tied down. I'm a very active person, so less is more for me!
confused_face.gif

If this one doesn't work out so well, the pico slim looks like it would do just fine. Not sure where to buy one though.

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #140 of 195
This thing just LOOKS wise is great.

Thanks for the impressions. I need to grab a new amp with a Line Out cable, and this may be my choice. The site has a date of May 15th set.

Also, I am disappointed that they don't call look exactly like that, the NON SPECIAL EDITION doesn't look as great. The Grey front is meh. But it's not really about looks anyway.

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #141 of 195
I don't believe this has 3.5mm line out that you may be thinking, what you see are 2x headphone outs... if I read the first post correctly, the line out port will connect directly thru a dock to the E9.

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #144 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingparrot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it play with the HD650? Anyone have any impressions with the two
smily_headphones1.gif

Ask Dkft, he's paired them. I have 650's and ordered the E7 over TWO WEEKS AGO, but they are backordered at Dealextreme, at least I'll be getting a fresh one.

May 6, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #145 of 195
Can you use this as a usb-powered DAC/amp without using power from the battery? I'm looking for a dac/amp to use with my laptop, and I don't really need it to be battery powered unless I use it with a portable player.

May 31, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #149 of 195
Quote:
Can you use this as a usb-powered DAC/amp without using power from the battery? I'm looking for a dac/amp to use with my laptop, and I don't really need it to be battery powered unless I use it with a portable player.

Yes, you can. Just change the setting in the menu to enable / disable USB charging at your wise.

Quote:
Clie, can you provide any comparisons between the Icon Mobile and the E7?

Sorry, don't have Icon Mobile to compare to and I don't really think Icon Mobile will be any better than E7 SQ wise (I have seen picture of Icon Mobile inner).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back