[Impression] FiiO E7 (warning: lot of pics!!!)
Nov 18, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #166 of 195

Quote:
Wow, as an obsessive review reader for anything I am looking to purchase, thank you for a great review ClieOS! In-Depth, comprehensive, plenty of pics, simply fantastic.

Anywho, I'm curios if this might be overkill for some AKG 142's that I'm looking at getting. This and the E5 seem to be leading candidates at the moment for a portable amp, and I love that this is also a DAC. Worth the extra $$?

Thanks.

E7 definitely will worth the extra money. The amp section sounds better than E5, plus an DAC gives you an upgrade over onboard sound card. It is a better investment in the long run.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #167 of 195

Quote:

Quote:
Wow, as an obsessive review reader for anything I am looking to purchase, thank you for a great review ClieOS! In-Depth, comprehensive, plenty of pics, simply fantastic.

Anywho, I'm curios if this might be overkill for some AKG 142's that I'm looking at getting. This and the E5 seem to be leading candidates at the moment for a portable amp, and I love that this is also a DAC. Worth the extra $$?

Thanks.

E7 definitely will worth the extra money. The amp section sounds better than E5, plus an DAC gives you an upgrade over onboard sound card. It is a better investment in the long run.

OK great thank you. The DAC would be especially nice if I am able to go LO from my EVO (Which I use as my DAP). 

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #168 of 195
Sorry if this has been said before but I can not find any info on it.

Just found out about the FiiO E7 via dealextreme, I'm going to order one for use with my touch.

1. After doing some research it seems dealextreme have the real ones, would this be right?

2. I have read that if you use the iPod camera kit you can get USB digital audio from the iPod touch and iPad, if this is right could I feed digital into the FiiO?

3. I use some older GoVibe amps is the FiiO going to be as good if not better.

If you can get digital stream from iPod touch as above has anyone tried it. I was thinking abourt getting an iStreamer but this looks better way.

Thanks for your views.

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #169 of 195
Answered in bold.

Quote:

1. After doing some research it seems dealextreme have the real ones, would this be right?
Yes. DX does carry real FiiO products.

2. I have read that if you use the iPod camera kit you can get USB digital audio from the iPod touch and iPad, if this is right could I feed digital into the FiiO?
I know iPad supports E7 with camera kit, but not sure about iPod touch. AFAIK, the camera kit doesn't support anything else but iPad.

3. I use some older GoVibe amps is the FiiO going to be as good if not better.
Never heard any of the old GoVIbe amp before, can't help you here.

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #170 of 195

Quote:
Answered in bold.

Thank you for your reply,

E7 on order..... from DX
Camera Kit on order....  from Apple

At least I will have three weeks or so to play with the camera part of the kit until my E7 from DX arrives.... as you know DX take ages :)

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #171 of 195

Quote:
If you have $100+ budget and don't need a DAC, a mini3 or T3 will be nice.

I am considering buying a portable amp to go along with some new cans I'm planning on purchasing.  I've seen lots of very favorable things said about the e7, and I like its affordability, but I'm a bit confused re: its dual functionality.  So, my question is this: does the e7 operate as a DAC and Amp simultaneously, or does it only operate as one or the other at any given time?

Total noob question here, sorry
redface.gif
...  and TIA for any response anyone can give. 
smile.gif

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #172 of 195
I am considering buying a portable amp to go along with some new cans I'm planning on purchasing.  I've seen lots of very favorable things said about the e7, and I like its affordability, but I'm a bit confused re: its dual functionality.  So, my question is this: does the e7 operate as a DAC and Amp simultaneously, or does it only operate as one or the other at any given time?

Total noob question here, sorry :xf_eek: ...  and TIA for any response anyone can give.  :smile:

It can work as either as (1) an USB DAC + AMP - like a external soundcard for PC to drive headphone. (2) amp only, like connecting to a DAP. or (3) pure DAC - via FiiO L7 LOD, supplying line-out signal to other amps using PC as a source.

To answer your question in simpler term - yes, it does work simultaneously as USB DAC and amp when connected to a PC.

Nov 27, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #173 of 195

Quote:
It can work as either as (1) an USB DAC + AMP - like a external soundcard for PC to drive headphone. (2) amp only, like connecting to a DAP. or (3) pure DAC - via FiiO L7 LOD, supplying line-out signal to other amps using PC as a source.
To answer your question in simpler term - yes, it does work simultaneously as USB DAC and amp when connected to a PC.

Thank you for the quick answer ClieOS!  Brief follow-up: does it work simultaneously as USB DAC and Amp when connected to an iPod or iPhone?

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #174 of 195
How much improvement would i get if I get this for my ipod nano 3g(i'll be using line out, would the DAC make big difference, also with westone 4)? I'm thinking about either getting this or upgrade to a ipod touch

Nov 27, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #175 of 195
Thank you for the quick answer ClieOS!  Brief follow-up: does it work simultaneously as USB DAC and Amp when connected to an iPod or iPhone?

A portable DAC that works with iPod / iPhone will cost $500. E7 only works with PC.

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #176 of 195

Quote:
A portable DAC that works with iPod / iPhone will cost $500. E7 only works with PC.

Sheebie!!!
eek.gif
  Ummmm, yeah, I'm not yet to the point where I'm willing to spend $500 on such a piece of equipment.  In reading various threads on this forum and elsewhere re: e7, I've seen that some people have struggled to properly set it up with their PC: did you find that part of the setup to be easy?  Does the manual that comes with the e7 provide step-by-step directions on how to setup the e7 with a PC, or will I have to ferret-out such instructions on the web somewhere?  TIA, ClieOS.
happy_face1.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #177 of 195
I plug mine in and wait for Windows to automatically set it up, then I use it - as easy as that.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #179 of 195
Wait for E17! Upgrade to E7 but it wont come out till mid 2012? and its going to be $180 I think.  Was considering getting the E7/E9 now, but I'll settle for the E10 now and I believe it does sound better minus the lesser amp.  Eventually Ill just get the E17/E9.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #180 of 195
Why does it look different then mine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back