[Impression] FiiO E7 (warning: lot of pics!!!)
Feb 19, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #106 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure how well it will compare but I consider E7 to be fairly cold and analytical amp.

Well, let's see:

Cowon S9 (aggressive and analytical) + Fiio E7 (cold and analytical) + Sennheiser HD25 (forward and analytical) = Ice Cold SQ
darthsmile.gif

Say, have you tried the DAC section of the E7? I'm wondering if I could buy this instead of the NuForce uDAC that I desperately need for my M-Audio speakers. Care to hook them up using your PC and headphones/speakers? Thanks.

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #107 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannyv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm basically asking for help. What would be the best bang for my buck on about a 70-85 dollar budget? IEM and fullsize cans will be considered.

The price range you are looking into is arguably the most competitive section of the IEM market now. There are plenty of good IEM in that range that can benefit from a good source, but they all have their own sound signature and it is really hard to say which one will fit your taste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, let's see:

Cowon S9 (aggressive and analytical) + Fiio E7 (cold and analytical) + Sennheiser HD25 (forward and analytical) = Ice Cold SQ
darthsmile.gif

Say, have you tried the DAC section of the E7? I'm wondering if I could buy this instead of the NuForce uDAC that I desperately need for my M-Audio speakers. Care to hook them up using your PC and headphones/speakers? Thanks.

Don't forget the bass boost. It isn't just adding bass, but also warmth to the sound. BB Lv0 might be cold and analytical, but once you turn the BB on, it is another story.

Also as mentioned before, LO is only available in the dock connector. Till FiiO makes a LOD or cradle, there is no way to use the line out atm.

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #108 of 195
Okay, I've heard great thing about both the triplefi and the RE0. Which one would be a better choice? And if the triplefi are better, does anybody know where it's possible to find them at 85? I've seen some, but all on eBay

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #109 of 195
Hey everyone! Glad to be a part of the community =)
alright so I just bought a pair of Shure SE530's and I was wondering if the E5 or the E7 amp would give me the best results. The sources I am using are my custom built computer with a soundblaster xfi xtremegamer as an output and a microsoft Zune HD.

Thanks!

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #112 of 195
(sad but true) i went thru this entire thread again to see if i missed the release date... nope, it hasn't been announced yet... so i'm also curious how he knows it will come March
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #113 of 195
wow...great review... better than the other "review" i read about the E7, the one where he tried selling his demo unit. This one was actually informative. I was debating about get the udac... but figured this would be a better alternative to go with the E7 to go with my laptop and netbook and to use with my ipod classic.

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #114 of 195
UPDATE: I was told that FiiO has received confirmation that TI will have the chip shipped to them by mid April, so E7 should reach the market in May.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #116 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPDATE: I was told that FiiO has received confirmation that TI will have the chip shipped to them by mid April, so E7 should reach the market in May.

Thanks for the update! Although I'm a bit sad, was hoping it'd be out sooner
frown.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #117 of 195
First, thank you to ClieOS for an excellent review!
I managed to get a hold of a FiiO E7 and am really liking this amp. I have been mostly using a iBasso T2 but find the E7 much better.
I am using it with Hearyourself custom C3 IEM's and Audio-Technica ATH-M50. This amp has no problem between the two.
ClieOS has it right in describing the bass boost as adding warmth to the sound. With my C3 IEM's I usually switch between LV1 and LV2. With the M50's I usually switch between LV0 and LV1. This is determined by what I am listening to.
As a DAC, well it does a great job! I have used it with a MacBook Pro and have been pleased with the sound output.
When this becomes available, I would not hesitate in recommending you give it a try.
My only issue is the size, but I am accustomed to using the ibasso T2 which is very small, and changing to the E7 will take some getting used to.
I will learn to live with the size!

PEACE

Mark M

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #118 of 195
Can't wait to hear users' impressions of the E7 when it finally gets released into the wild. Had it been out by now, I probably would have gotten it, but upon further reflection, I decided it just isn't practical (for me) for mobile use (which would be the only use I'd have for it) w/ my DAP. It's a little too big, and the display, while nice, just doesn't seem practical for stacking w/ a DAP.. I went over budget & ordered the Headsatge Arrow...though I will be following this thread when it finally starts to ship.

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #119 of 195
Thinking carefully about how I actually listen to my music on-the-go: I actually like my 3GS simple & unamped, and I listen to my music much more so from my rockbox'd/amped nano + E5 due to its portability, wider format support, and easy way to change its contents (drag/drop to folders). However, I also spend much more time sitting in front of my laptop than being on-the-go (so other dedicated portable amp-only devices are out of the picture for now). I'd like to use it more often for my music listening, but I'm really upset about the hiss and overall lower SQ I get out of its HP out vs my portable DAPs, that I'll go thru the trouble of transferring songs to my nano and then just listen to that instead while I'm studying on my laptop.

Thinking practically, the E7 looks a bit big to carry easily in my pocket unlike my nano+E5 combo, so the majority of its use will likely go towards its DAC function for listening on my laptop. I'm wondering there are any better DACs (with or w/o amp) for me for under $100? or is this E7 dac+amp really the best option at this price point? (I'd only need an amp for volume control, so my E5 could possibly supplement if lacking one)

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #120 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnagali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
]I'm wondering there are any better DACs (with or w/o amp) for me for under $100?

Have you looked up the NuForce uDAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back