[Impression] Apple Nano 7G + Lightning-to-30pin adapter
Jun 7, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #106 of 167
So I bought the Nano 7g finally hooked it up to iTunes and let iTunes randomly fill it with ALAC hooked it to my Vsonic GR07be and I can honestly say this thing sounds SWEET.
I did try it with my M100s as well and I prefer it with my GR07be. I'm very happy with this little guy! The side buttons are great as I can control it totally while its in my pocket, no need to take it out. This will be definitely a keeper.

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #108 of 167
Be careful with this thing though, it is very nano! twice I've left it in a pants pocket & it's met its end in the washing machine. Though the second time (it was a different iPod nano, ie, replacement) after a month in rice & silica packs it rose again like a phoenix. I also had a dream the night before that it turned on.

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #110 of 167
Could someone recomend me an amp to use with the Nano 7G? A good match in size and portability would be great.

The nano is awfully nano...
Not sure what else is that size...
I paired mine with an E12 by FiiO & with the smallest straps & the rubber bumpers it was pocket friendly.
That's really just how small the nano is though, honestly.

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #111 of 167
The nano is awfully nano...
Not sure what else is that size...
I paired mine with an E12 by FiiO & with the smallest straps & the rubber bumpers it was pocket friendly.
That's really just how small the nano is though, honestly.

Thanks! I'll look into the E12.

I have another question, can the Nano 7G DAC be bypassed?

Mar 6, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #112 of 167
Thanks! I'll look into the E12.

I have another question, can the Nano 7G DAC be bypassed?

Only by using a dac within the lightning to 30 pin adapters.
It's a wolfson brand dac, but earlier in the thread it's discussed that it doesn't measure any better than the HO. Also drains the battery like NO OTHER, in my experience.
Both the lined & dock one.
I wouldn't say the E12 is tiny, I wouldn't say it's large.

Here it's shown with the docked adapter.
Later on I just used the L16 FiiO interconnect with just as good of results.

Mar 6, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #113 of 167
Only by using a dac within the lightning to 30 pin adapters.
It's a wolfson brand dac, but earlier in the thread it's discussed that it doesn't measure any better than the HO. Also drains the battery like NO OTHER, in my experience.
Both the lined & dock one.
I wouldn't say the E12 is tiny, I wouldn't say it's large.

Here it's shown with the docked adapter.
Later on I just used the L16 FiiO interconnect with just as good of results.

Thanks for the information and pictures.

So if I use an Interconect what should the volume in the nano be set to before I connect it to the amp?

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #114 of 167
Thanks for the information and pictures.

So if I use an Interconect what should the volume in the nano be set to before I connect it to the amp?

Most of the detail has been mentioned in this thread, but: If your nano 7G is running an old firmware (before 1.0.2), volume should be set to 3 steps below max. If it is 1.0.2 and above, max it out.

Given you already have a JDS C5, I don't see much of a point to go for a E12. E12A might be a better choice.

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #115 of 167
Was just going to refer to OP but he got here swift as a bird.
(& yeah I've since sold my E12 & am eyeing an A. better sound, a little less power, but wayyyy more battery life, which the E12 wasn't already lacking in)

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #116 of 167
Most of the detail has been mentioned in this thread, but: If your nano 7G is running an old firmware (before 1.0.2), volume should be set to 3 steps below max. If it is 1.0.2 and above, max it out.

Given you already have a JDS C5, I don't see much of a point to go for a E12. E12A might be a better choice.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll update it so ill max the volume up.

I plan on getting an Audio Minor Pure Silver Interconect or an ALO Audio Green Line Interconnect, which one you think would work better with the Nano and Amp?

Iam very interested in the Fiio E12A amp paired with the Nano 7G since I would be using it with Audio Techinicas ATH-IM70. Is there another amp out there that's strictly made for IEMs I should research?

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #117 of 167
Thanks! I'm sure I'll update it so ill max the volume up.

I plan on getting an Audio Minor Pure Silver Interconect or an ALO Audio Green Line Interconnect, which one you think would work better with the Nano and Amp?

Iam very interested in the Fiio E12A amp paired with the Nano 7G since I would be using it with Audio Techinicas ATH-IM70. Is there another amp out there that's strictly made for IEMs I should research?

Q1: Whichever is cheaper.

Q2: Leckerton Audio UHA-4 is pretty IEM friendly too, but any portable amp with either a zero or negative will most likely work, but not likely be better the E12A.

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #118 of 167

Q1: Whichever is cheaper.

Q2: Leckerton Audio UHA-4 is pretty IEM friendly too, but any portable amp with either a zero or negative will most likely work, but not likely be better the E12A.

@ClieOS Just picked up one of these for outdoor activities. So far I'm very happy with it. Just wondering however which format is better for Bluetooth 4.0 streaming. Apple lossless or MP3??

Cheers.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #119 of 167
  @ClieOS Just picked up one of these for outdoor activities. So far I'm very happy with it. Just wondering however which format is better for Bluetooth 4.0 streaming. Apple lossless or MP3??

Cheers.

BT on iPod nano 7G is SBC codec based (*something similar to mp3, a lossy codec), so ALAC will definitely be better than mp3 as it will avoid a doubt compression over BT. However, if you are using high quality (320kbps) mp3 files, then difference might not be significant enough over the benefit of carrying more files. So it is really more of a personal choice.

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #120 of 167

BT on iPod nano 7G is SBC codec based (*something similar to mp3, a lossy codec), so ALAC will definitely be better than mp3 as it will avoid a doubt compression over BT. However, if you are using high quality (320kbps) mp3 files, then difference might not be significant enough over the benefit of carrying more files. So it is really more of a personal choice.

Cheers ClieOS. Will stick to ALAC. I'm not one of those people that needs their entire collection on a device so all good.

Just deciding on which wireless in ears to go with. The contenders are Jabra Rox, Jaybirds X or Plantronics Backbeat 2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back