Impact Audio Cables Review: A Fresh Source of Quality (Sound), Not Quantity (Price)
Feb 25, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #31 of 99
Hi,

can someone please test the cables and confirm if they are even a little bit microphonic? Specially rubbing against the table or with your hair/hand near the ear etc

I will check tonight for you Zaven.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #34 of 99
@Jozurr

I can confirm what others said. No need to worry.

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #35 of 99
Thanks for the info guys. Sent him a query but he seems to respond very slow and it's been a while since he last responded.

How long does he take to send the cables out?

Feb 29, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #37 of 99
  Thanks for the info guys. Sent him a query but he seems to respond very slow and it's been a while since he last responded.

How long does he take to send the cables out?

Strange.  He was always very responsive to my questions.  He may be busy with work or something.

Only took him about a week for turnaround on mine plus 2-3 days for shipping.  

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #39 of 99
When I first opened the Pelican case in which my LCD-2's came in, I was blown away by everything inside it, except you guessed it, the cables.  For a product that oozed so much build quality and polish (I upgraded my Bamboo Composite version with the brown leather headband and earpads, which makes the set look even nicer IMO) I felt the stock cables looked generic and cheap.

As I browsed for 3rd party cables, I realized that most are very high end and high priced alternatives (adding a tinge of snake oil to the whole idea of upgraded cables).  Thankfully, I decided to browse Head-Fi before purchasing anything, and found this recommendation of Impact Audio Cables.  Glad I did.  Lindsey is a really cool and communicative person, we actually have a very long conversation during my decision process to select paracord colors, connectors, etc.

I am really happy with the end product, and Lindsey even used a photo of my cable as the primary sample for his Audeze version.  Although I can only notice a very tiny difference in audio quality, the actual build quality and looks of the cable for the price is unbeatable, at least for me.  I'll be buying another set for my Grado RS2e's soon, and also a shorter, 3.5mm version for my LCD-2's to use with my Apogee Groove or straight to iPad/iPhone/MacBook.

Once again, thanks to the community and especially Lindsey for a good product and experience.

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #40 of 99
It's been about 2 weeks since I ordered my cable, the etsy page said 21 day turnaround. This wait time is rough, Amazon has killed my patience lol

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #42 of 99
I sent Lindsey an email Saturday about cable colors. Received a response within a day. Although I changed my mind about the colors. I placed an order today. Now I'm in the waiting mode.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #43 of 99
I just ordered a cable for my Elears that are due in this week. He was very fast to respond to my questions and my build choices. Definitely running his business like true professional. 2-3 week build time, you can't beat that.

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #44 of 99
I just realize it's most likely a she instead of he. So umbarrassing I was saying thanks man in our previous messages.

Guess we can't make the assumption every high end audio gear lover must be a gentleman although 99% of them are...

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #45 of 99
I just realize it's most likely a she instead of he. So umbarrassing I was saying thanks man in our previous messages.

Guess we can't make the assumption every high end audio gear lover must be a gentleman although 99% of them are...

In this case, Lindsey is a he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back