IM716 for $49 on Dec 3rd, buy.com
Dec 3, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #46 of 201
Nice find. Just bought two of these as Christmas gifts for friends. Made that easy
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #48 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in the checkout process now. Did anyone have to pay shipping with Google checkout? Supposed to be free shipping, but when I use GCO, shipping is like $7 or so. Does that go away later in the process or something?

If not, GCO only saves like $4.

click on the shipping and u can choose a longer shipping date to get the free shipping.

got my er4p's and still getting these lol. christmas gift!

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #50 of 201
I picked up a pair for portable use, so that I can save my ER4's for home. Total was $39.99 thru Google checkout after I changed the default shipping option to free shipping.

Thanks for the heads-up! Much appreciated.

Btw, do these accept standard ER4 filters?

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #52 of 201
I believe they require the Ety 8 filters (for the wireless phones), which are red (not green). At least that's the case with the 616s, which I also own (and may sell now). Someone suggested you can just stick a little foam inside the filter casing (once you clean it out), rather than spending $$$ on new filters. I also use the Ety black foamie or the FS beige foamie tips with these, since they keep the filters farther from your ears. The shure olives do fit, but they are short and sit very close to the inside of your ear, which means more filter changes for most people.

Edit: beat me to the punch, grawk.

Dec 3, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #53 of 201
I already bought the SF5 from Costco last week.

I've had the 716 before. The sound is really nice but with the low sensitivity, I could never get it up to the volume I wanted. Anyone else know/read about this?

Dec 3, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #54 of 201
Thanks for the heads up on this. I opted for the visa card, so I paid a total of $19.99 for these! At that price, I figure I can't go wrong. Now, I just have to decide which cans for home use -- MS1's, RS80's or DR150's. I guess there are worse things to have to decide.
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #55 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up on this. I opted for the visa card, so I paid a total of $19.99 for these! At that price, I figure I can't go wrong. Now, I just have to decide which cans for home use -- MS1's, RS80's or DR150's. I guess there are worse things to have to decide.
biggrin.gif

MS1's all the way baby! I have them and they are smoother than SR80. I can use different pads to tune the sound for the genre of music - bowls for bright but wider soundstage, comfys to mellow them out and bring up the bass, headphile C-pads for extra bass, HD414 pads (with or without quarter or dime mod) for more bass with less attenuation of highs than comfys. I like the MS-1 enough that, with having the RS-2, I kept mine for using in the car or traveling.

BTW, did anyone notice you can't put the IM716 in your shopping cart now, even though it still says $49.99? Don't know if they are out of the Altec Lansings, or if they just don't want to sell me a 3rd set...

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #56 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS1's all the way baby! I have them and they are smoother than SR80. I can use different pads to tune the sound for the genre of music - bowls for bright but wider soundstage, comfys to mellow them out and bring up the bass, headphile C-pads for extra bass, HD414 pads (with or without quarter or dime mod) for more bass with less attenuation of highs than comfys. I like the MS-1 enough that, with having the RS-2, I kept mine for using in the car or traveling.

BTW, did anyone notice you can't put the IM716 in your shopping cart now, even though it still says $49.99? Don't know if they are out of the Altec Lansings, or if they just don't want to sell me a 3rd set...

With the 616s at $39, they cut off the flow at some point during the sale. It will also be backordered is my guess, as the 616s were. Took two weeks to get them.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #57 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for that vote. Can you check my thread on this decision and see if you still vote MS1 based on what I listen to and like? Thanks!

How do you suppose these new IM716's will compare to the MS1's (despite being different types, of course.)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/dow...choose-270694/

Dec 3, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #58 of 201
What a great deal this is. I have had a pair of these for a year now and for $19.99 I could not pass them up. I paid just over $100 for the ones I have and they were worth every penny. This was a steal.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #60 of 201
How bad are the IM716's without an amp? A search of the forums indicates that they aren't very good without amping. Can anyone comment on this? I'd love to buy a set of these, but not if they aren't going to work without having to boost the signal. Also, if they aren't good with an amp, can any of the modifications one can do to these overcome how (apparently) power hungry they are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back