I'm so bummed that I hate my new Ultrasone HFI 780's.
Jun 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #31 of 38
I love them for metal.  They seem fast.  Maybe I'm insane.  But i love mine.  They may just not be the sound you're looking for.  Sometimes I feel they aren't bright enough(I know insane right?)

Jun 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #32 of 38

Quote:
ultrasones are very technical.  If your singer farts your gonna hear it.  You may not want to hear that fart.

And you may not be supposed to hear that noise/fart.  If it's in the frequency range that the Ultrasone is making 20dB louder than everything else, it will be much louder than it's supposed to be.  Farts are usually low frequency though IME.  It would have to be a weird one, like maybe the singer was in the middle of a dance move. 

Jun 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #33 of 38

Quote:
And you may not be supposed to hear that noise/fart.  If it's in the frequency range that the Ultrasone is making 20dB louder than everything else, it will be much louder than it's supposed to be.  Farts are usually low frequency though IME.  It would have to be a weird one, like maybe the singer was in the middle of a dance move. 

if a fart is accurately represented, it will not be low frequency but mostly like all frequencies. you may not be listening. you might just be hearing the beginning of a fart and not the end.  and who is to say whether i should hear a fart or not. if i want to hear a fart, i want to hear a fart. But in actuality , a fart would probably be best shown with high frequencies boosted and lows maintained.

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #35 of 38
They were actually one of the most recommended headphones for metal a couple years back.  I still think they do a great job with most of it, the exception being some Southern/stoner metal like Clutch.

Quote:
I love them for metal.  They seem fast.  Maybe I'm insane.  But i love mine.  They may just not be the sound you're looking for.  Sometimes I feel they aren't bright enough(I know insane right?)

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:
They were actually one of the most recommended headphones for metal a couple years back.  I still think they do a great job with most of it, the exception being some Southern/stoner metal like Clutch.

I just can't imagine that...They make male vocalists sound like they've been castrated and had their voices jump an octave while female vocals have more grain than 40 grit sandpaper...

Jun 8, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #37 of 38
The only way i can make them sound halfway decent is to eq them on my ipod classic to the "small speakers" setting, which breaks my heart. Think they will be going back and then be replaced by some sennheiser hd600's. At least for now.

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #38 of 38
maybe you just have a pessimistic attitude "ugly steve"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back