I'm depressed and need some "Feel good" music
Aug 31, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #31 of 53

Quote:
Shoegaze, but be careful sometimes it can have the opposite effect.

wow... I would definitely not listen to that... LOL!
(i.e. Difference Engine ROOOOCKS!!!)

Sep 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #33 of 53

that will get you going. volume to 11 and plenty of space to move da body!

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #34 of 53
Try out Vampire Weekend's song "A-Punk"

Sep 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #35 of 53
I just wanted to say that when I was personally going through a rough time I actually found it better to listen to music that represented how I felt. I found that trying to supress things and cover-it-up with feel good tracks here and there didnt help me in the long run. So I started listening to tracks which I could relate to which really helped me get the emotions out of my system.

When I am in an upbeat mood I love to listen to trance. My fav track right now is probably
John  O'Callaghan - Find yourself

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #39 of 53
I find that when I'm depressed listening to morbid, self pitying tunes like The Smiths help. I just think that I'm glad Im not THAT guy...he has way more problems.

And a daily dose of Citalopram might help :)

Hope you feel better soon 

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #41 of 53
the scene aesthetics album brother is very coolhe scene aesthetics album brother is very cool

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #42 of 53
When I am too depressed (it happens rarely, once in 3 - 5 years), I am listening and watching "The Wall". Though it looks depressive itself, it helps. And it is interesting how "The Wall" discloses new meanings / edges / layers each time I am watching it. I suppose both anti-depressive and artistic effects are reduced with frequent watching.

If depression is not that deep then New Age helps me - Karunesh, Oliver Shanti, Sacred Spirit.

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #45 of 53
Try I'm From Barcelona's ST album.  Man, that gets me smiling every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back