I'm back!! Looking for over ear headphones < $300
Oct 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dangerzone9k

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I previously bought SE215 IEMs and ended up returning them because they didn't work well for me.  Now, I'm looking to purchase over the ear headphones that do not require an amp.  Listed below is what I what in the headphones:

*Portable
*Sound lsolation (this is important)
*Sound Quality 

Thanks,
Numan

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 7
Sony MDR-1R is just on the verge of being released and it may be just what your looking for. Also Vmoda M100 (Decemberish timeline if I am reading the thread correctly) Logitech UE 6000 is also supposed to sound very good (balanced when Noise Cancelling is turned off, bass heavy with it turned on).

I personally am taking a chance on the MDR-1R and have them on pre-order. If you want something NOW I suggest taking a hard look at the UE6000 as they have had very good reviews others including Tyll.

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 7
I took a look at the UE6000 and found that they require batteries to operate.  Do all headphones require batteries?  I'm not in a rush to buy headphones right away.  I'm willing to wait to buy the best pair of headphones that I can afford.  Any other reccomendations? 

Thanks

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
I took a look at the UE6000 and found that they require batteries to operate.  Do all headphones require batteries?  I'm not in a rush to buy headphones right away.  I'm willing to wait to buy the best pair of headphones that I can afford.  Any other reccomendations? 

Thanks

I guess it's for amplifing the signal...

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Those headphones are on ear when the OP wants over ear. I also am not a fan of battery operated headphones.

I suggest waiting for reviews of the upcoming MDR-1R and the Vmoda M100, both are just on the verge of being released to the general public (M100 is in the hands of several people who bought the pre-release so reviews will be available even though the product is not). Early listens by a few Head-fi members also sound positive for the MDR-1R.

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 7
Brand name doesn't matter to me as long as the product is good.  I want the headphones to have bass but no too much bass were it over powers the vocals.  I guess I will wait for the reviews.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back