I'm afraid I bought a fake ATH-ES7 from JR company
May 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #76 of 93
I'd prefer to keep everything in one thread, 1143909796. Just to clarify, is the ES7 ordered directly from JR.com, or was it through an intermediary similar to the scenario as Nankai described? If the latter case is true, it may be the international shipper company that is at fault and intentionally switching products.

However, I'm still waiting for official statements before making final judgments.

May 2, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #78 of 93
interesting like, getting annoying?

May 2, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #79 of 93
So everyone that bought an ES7 at jr is gonna make his own topic?
Solution is simple: send mail to jr, send product back, contact audio tech tell them about the problem. Wait for answers

May 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #80 of 93
7457.brool_5F00_story_5F00_co_2E00_.jpg

May 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #81 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by tengen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd prefer to keep everything in one thread, 1143909796.

Good call.

May 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #82 of 93
Hello,

I'm a long time reader who signed up only to respond to this story, since I have some information that might help us resolve this issue.

I bought my ATH-ES7 from Amazon early April 2010, sold by Electronics Expo, a well reputed b&m store chain in NJ. It had all the markers of being authentic, as per information in the "how to spot fake ES7s" thread. I came here yesterday to comment on my good experience with ATUS (repairs) service, when I saw this thread. I went home and checked the box, and it indeed said "Made in China".

BACKGROUND

Within one week of receiving them, I managed to break the cable in an accident. I was wary of rewiring them myself, since the cans were brand new and I didn't have the right tools. After some deliberations and phone calls, I sent them to the ATUS service center in Ohio last week, in the original packaging (that said Made in China etc.). The headphones were rewired and sent to me by 2 day delivery, at no expenses at all - covered by warranty, according to the invoice.

POSSIBLE CONCLUSION?
The useful point for us here is that if they were indeed fake, ATUS would have just told me that they cannot repair them, since they would not be covered by ATUS warranty. (remember, they had access to both the so called "fake" headphones as well as the incriminating box).

Thus, I conclude that my headphones indeed are original, and most of yours are too. The "misprint" story seems to be true. Another possibility is that AT-JP might have made some mistake, or, perhaps, all stories are true - the "ebay-style" fake ones perhaps say "made in China," but the original ones have a misprint too. A less likely explanation is the ATUS has "gone rogue"

I suggest that instead of losing a lot of blood over this, readers make decisions based on all the indicators spelt out in the "how to spot a fake" list.

Cheers,
qwertypants.

May 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #85 of 93
I don't get why everyone (sorry, more like the few) are panicking, isn't it prudent to let J&R to give their side of the story before going on a mob hunt? Considering the fact it's highly unlikely for a reputable retailer to sell counterfeit goods, I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt before drawing conclusions.

May 2, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #87 of 93
Continuing of the FAKE ES7 issue. lots of friends tell me that my ES7 shouldn’t be fake, frankly speaking, I agree with you for its beautiful quality and sound.

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS : the official website of Chinese ATH has already clearly announced that all the ES7 headphones with “Designed and engineered in Japan and Made in China” are fake, and a official statement from Japan ATH Co. has proved that it’s true. Although maybe the wrong box of American ATH corporation was resulted from misprint or any other reasons else, but according to the Chinese ATH’s official website and the official statement from Japan ATH Co. my ES7 is fake. Because the statement states that all ES7 bought around the world won’t be printed that words, and ALL ES7 with that words are FAKE. The statement was very direct and strong words. Seriously speaking, two announcements from both China and Japan have the legal effect. Well now, the problem has come out. ES7 in that box wasn’t admitted by its maker—Japan ATH Co.. NOW THAT, ALL I NEED is JUST a PUBLIC STATEMENT from American ATH Co. so that I would know my ES7 was fake or not.

As a victim of the issue, I’m getting touch with JR.COM and American ATH Co. and no response till now. I believe in JR, and I believe that my ES7 is not fake, but I NEED the public statement from American ATH Co. to bring to the reality, even the “misprint” . I’m confused with the ignorance!

A ES7 means decades of dollars in U.S.A., while for a Chinese , it means hundreds of RMB(average salary:$5000 pre. Month and RMB 5000 pre. month), it takes a lot in the income.

I just hope our rights are protected by law, I brought it in America, decades of dollars is not a small one for me, I hope that I could get the public statement from American ATH Co. cause many other guys are waiting for it, too. We all were hurt in the issue.

I hope you, friends of HEAD-FI, could help me. Just give me some suggestion that how could I get the public statement from American ATH Co.. Thank you.
If some pictures and other information else is needed, respond. Thanks!

d1c0956fb99f55d86496c562a2a71b17.jpg

c474b217c91de1f9864507a1363f795d.jpg

615ea20e3e0369b91bbc234215eef456.jpg

a6a38989dc7e433f1f42388e7afca318.jpg

80e4c54699b5b8cf8c67dd496909fceb.jpg

May 7, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #89 of 93
I bought a refurbished pair a few days ago and received it yesterday. Box says Made in Japan with cloth and pouch. Safe to say I got an authentic pair? Pics in the fake thread aren't showing anymore.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back