I'm afraid I bought a fake ATH-ES7 from JR company
May 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #61 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the packages might be misprint, but what does it say on the phones?

Sorry, but what chinese products are best in the world? Yes, many quality products are assembled in China, but most awful products are usually from China too... Usually, Japan and Germany offer the best quality, in many areas. Tools, electronics, cars...

You find products from China having some problems before because they are so ubiquitous all over the world. You don't find a bad BMW because compared to china-made shoes and toys, BMW is just one hair out of a horse...

P.S. Toyata is japan-made...

May 1, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #62 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaobao0707 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I send email to even without buying one in the first place ? I just want the free D7000
icon10.gif

D7000 is made in china too...

My Ad700 is made in china and wondering if it supposed to be made in japan..?

May 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #63 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioHi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D7000 is made in china too...

My Ad700 is made in china and wondering if it supposed to be made in japan..?

Nah, all AD700's are made in China. The A700's are made in Japan. I used to own both at one point, and the build quality on the A700 was laughably better. AD700's do sound better though.

May 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #64 of 93
I was concerned after reading this and seeing my recently JR-purchased pair reads "Made in China" on the box, but the "ATH-ES7 Buyer's Guide or How (and Where) to Avoid Fakes" thread seems to confirm mine are authentic. The box and phones seem to be on a high level of quality--both build and SQ. I'm confident these guys are real.

If you doubt, check the buyer's guide.

May 2, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #65 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone considered why fake ES-7's would have printed boxes saying "Made in China?" I guess I'm naive about these things, but it seems a stupid way of "disguising" your fake product.

Maybe ATH recently decided to drop the pretense and just started making them in China ... and didn't announce to the world that they've now out-sourced assembly as well. Seems that changing the box to "Designed and Engineered in Japan, Made in China" would make sense.

I totally agree with u.But even the ES-7 is real,the company still had cheated us.And definitely not just once.

May 2, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #67 of 93
May 2, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #68 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope mate! You get me wrong. What I'm trying to say is the worst thing can come up is those AT are made illegally and those who made them are cheating customers, dealers, whoever intentionally. Thus I used the term "made by farmers" (And when I say farmers I do mean farmers). I do acknowledge 9 out of 10 products in the world are made from China. That's included my JBL and Infinity loud speakers, my iPhone, MacBook, Sony Vaio, Alienware, my shoes, my shirt, my toothbrush, you name it.

I know about China more than what you consider "little knowledge". Despite the fact that China is the factory of the world, it's also is the faketory of the world. What do you say about Sumsung, Nckia, Souy Ericssou? That's not to mention Geely and other Chinese automobile manufactures are making cars that look perfectly similar to Rolls Royce, Cayenne, Bentley, Lexus etc...

I by no mean want to go against any of you. I even said in another thread that the OP should return his ES7 and inform JR about the problem because they may not know they are selling fake headphones (eventho that odd is pretty tiny).

What you said about JR is trying to rip Chinese people off shows your ignorance. You really think so?
eek.gif

From your post, you don't really know anything, and your last sentence especially shows your gross ignorance.

May 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #69 of 93
It doesn't matter where they are made if you get the real ones. Many people enjoying products from little dot, yuin ear, audio gd ...

It's better focus on whether the company has been selling fakes products.

May 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #70 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by usher2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb
Has anyone considered why fake ES-7's would have printed boxes saying "Made in China?" I guess I'm naive about these things, but it seems a stupid way of "disguising" your fake product.

Maybe ATH recently decided to drop the pretense and just started making them in China ... and didn't announce to the world that they've now out-sourced assembly as well. Seems that changing the box to "Designed and Engineered in Japan, Made in China" would make sense.

I totally agree with u.But even the ES-7 is real,the company still had cheated us.And definitely not just once.

"Even if the ES-7 is real, the company still had cheated us." ??? How so? If they're real, they're real. There's no cheating involved. All you need do is confirm whether ATH is now making the entire headphone in China, as opposed to just components.

Look - the entire thread, documentation, reports, etc., on fake ES-7's are based on 2008 boxes. It's been a couple of years since then and seems perfectly logical that ATH has now transitioned the production to China. As stated up there, I find it ridiculous that someone in China would make counterfeits then purposely admit that they're "Made in China" if ATH said they were not in the past. Further, the idea that J&R would order high volumes of ES-7's from anyone other than a reputable ATH distributor or ATH themselves is again a real stretch.

More likely, ATH's customer base just hasn't been updated to the fact that ATH is now outsourcing the entire headphone to China. This has happened to almost all Japanese products over the last couple of decades. The initial product is produced and assembled in Japan - until manufacturing, tooling, and quality standards can be built up in the outsourced country (whether it's China, ROK, or Taiwan, etc.). Then they transition to totally outsourcing while they work on even newer products internally.

EDIT: I don't have any pony in this race, but I get a bit concerned at hysterical threads accusing vendors without concrete facts. Maybe you're right, maybe I'm wrong, but seems to me that no one knows for sure right now and there are plausible explanations, to boot.

May 2, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #71 of 93
[size=medium] Continuing of the FAKE ES7 issue. lots of friends tell me that my ES7 shouldn’t be fake, frankly speaking, I agree with you for its beautiful quality and sound.

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS : the official website of Chinese ATH has already clearly announced that all the ES7 headphones with “Designed and engineered in Japan and Made in China” are fake, and a official statement from Japan ATH Co. has proved that it’s true. Although maybe the wrong box of American ATH corporation was resulted from misprint or any other reasons else, but according to the Chinese ATH’s official website and the official statement from Japan ATH Co. my ES7 is fake. Because the statement states that all ES7 bought around the world won’t be printed that words, and ALL ES7 with that words are FAKE. The statement was very direct and strong words. Seriously speaking, two announcements from both China and Japan have the legal effect. Well now, the problem has come out. ES7 in that box wasn’t admitted by its maker—Japan ATH Co.. NOW THAT, ALL I NEED is JUST a PUBLIC STATEMENT from American ATH Co. so that I would know my ES7 was fake or not.
angry_face.gif

As a victim of the issue, I’m getting touch with JR.COM and American ATH Co. and no response till now. I believe in JR, and I believe that my ES7 is not fake, but I NEED the public statement from American ATH Co. to bring to the reality, even the “misprint” . I’m confused with the ignorance!

A ES7 means decades of dollars in U.S.A., while for a Chinese , it means hundreds of RMB(average salary:$5000 pre. Month and RMB 5000 pre. month), it takes a lot in the income.

I just hope our rights are protected by law, I brought it in America, decades of dollars is not a small one for me, I hope that I could get the public statement from American ATH Co. cause many other guys are waiting for it, too. We all were hurt in the issue.

I hope you, friends of HEAD-FI, could help me. Just give me some suggestion that how could I get the public statement from American ATH Co.. Thank you.

If some pictures and other information else is needed, respond. Thanks!
frown.gif
[/size]

d1c0956fb99f55d86496c562a2a71b17.jpg

[size=x-large]
the detailed revelation of JR 'S FAKE ES7[/size]
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/i-a...jr-com-486206/

May 2, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #72 of 93
cool story bro

May 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #74 of 93
cool story bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back