I'm afraid I bought a fake ATH-ES7 from JR company
May 1, 2010 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 93

sashimi

New Head-Fier
Last month I bought a ATH-ES7 from JR company.

But I found that this ES7 was made in china.

As far as I know,ES7 was mad in japan only.

and now I found an announce from here:
éµ ä¸‰ 角(大 ä¸* åŽï¼‰æœ‰ é™ å…¬ å¸

a pdf attached there confirm that what I bought is a fake one.

what should I do???
confused_face(1).gif

Do anyone get this headphone too?

May 1, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 93
Why can't you just return it? JR is a good company (if it's J&R from NYC) and you can just call or email them. That is unless you didn't notice this for a month or two. Perhaps they could still make an exception.

May 1, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #3 of 93
thank U but...
I email them , they told me this one is authentic.They said that this was just a little print mistake of the package.
I don't know if I should believe JR or the Japanese ATH announce...

May 1, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdockweiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why can't you just return it? JR is a good company (if it's J&R from NYC) and you can just call or email them. That is unless you didn't notice this for a month or two. Perhaps they could still make an exception.

thank U but...
I email them , they told me this one is authentic.They said that this was just a little print mistake of the package.
I don't know if I should believe JR or the Japanese ATH announce...

May 1, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #5 of 93
how to identify fakes by Squirsier

This is a good guide to whether they are legit. I wouldn't expect fakes from J&R, as I've ordered headphones on multiple occasions and always had a pleasant transaction. If they really turn out to be fake I'd return them and notify J&R that they are selling knockoffs, since I can't picture they are doing it knowingly.

Edit: was just looking at the guide I linked you and it has J&R listed as a safe site, so at least one head-fier got the real things there.

May 1, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otakusound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how to identify fakes by Squirsier

This is a good guide to whether they are legit. I wouldn't expect fakes from J&R, as I've ordered headphones on multiple occasions and always had a pleasant transaction. If they really turn out to be fake I'd return them and notify J&R that they are selling knockoffs, since I can't picture they are doing it knowingly.

Edit: was just looking at the guide I linked you and it has J&R listed as a safe site, so at least one head-fier got the real things there.

Thank U.
from the page u linked,I am sure of that my ES7 is authentic.

but here is a pic,it confirms that if the country of origin is''Designed and engineered in Japan . Made in China '',it must be a fake one.And my ES7 is just like this.
Attachment 29220

May 1, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 93
If the pic your posted is authentically from Audio Technica then it's fake. Maybe J&R was cheated
biggrin.gif

For the peace of mind, return it
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #10 of 93
A while ago,JR.COM sold ES7 made by audio-technica Corporation at 59 dollars as special offer, and I bought one.I have been ues it for one month and haven't found any problem with it.Both its sound and workmanship are quite well.

But at 28 April,I found the fake statement on the official website of Chinese ATH,this statement came from Japan ATH Headquarters and have legal sense,and the link is " http://www.audio-technica.com.cn/index.php?op=newsdetails&nid=1168"

The link had clearly stated that all the ES7 headphones Designed and engineered in Japan and Made in China are fakes.I have sent a email to American ATH corporation and JR.COM for it,but haven't get any response.I saw many other people who sent email to American ATH corporation sale@atus.com got the reply that "misprint,this a little lapse".But just a email is not enough to retort the Chinese official statement,let alone this statement came from Japan ATH Headquarters.

I wanna ask everyone how to deal with this matter,I believe that JR corporation won't sold the fakes,and I believe that there is no problem with my ears.But now we need to get a open statement,or we feel so bad. Thanks!

Here is some pictures about this matter.

d1c0956fb99f55d86496c562a2a71b17.jpg

8e80aa8666161beb9f25f5bed48f06c7.jpg

c474b217c91de1f9864507a1363f795d.jpg

615ea20e3e0369b91bbc234215eef456.jpg

a6a38989dc7e433f1f42388e7afca318.jpg

80e4c54699b5b8cf8c67dd496909fceb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back