I'm afraid I bought a fake ATH-ES7 from JR company
May 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #49 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkinpbk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope u can choose your word more carefully.U don't have to show us your little knowledge about china,and to prove that it is absolutely wrong.
WE R HERE, JUST TO TELL U THE FACT THAT JR.COM HAS SOLD MORE THAN 300 FAKE ES7s TO US CHINESE CUSTUMERS,AND IT DOES MEAN A POSSIBILITY THAT JR.COM HAS TREATED SOME OF YOUR AMERICANS TOO.
IT'S TIME FOR US TO BE TOGETHER TO PROTECT OUR RIGHTS,OK?

Do you really think J&R would target single out ethnic Chinese customers and sell them fake ES7s? At least a 1/4 of the retail staff is Chinese at J&R, I often went there when I was in NYC.

May 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #50 of 93
Most consumer electronic products are made in China. Bashing China or all Chinese manufacturers cannot make any sense.

J&R need to stop selling fake product immediately. J&R need to make refund to their customers, including hundreds of Chinese customers who got fake J&R ES7 from international shopping service company. J&R also has responsibility to provide information of fake vendor to US and Chinese police.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #51 of 93
Thank you for the information Nankai. So it seems to me that the Chinese persons affected did not buy from retail but ordered online, and that the problem has already been confirmed in Chinese circles?

May 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #52 of 93
International shopping service company:Because big US dealers can directly buy product (big brands or Luxury brands, such as LV) from factories, but China dealers(much smaller, because most Chinese can not afford Luxury product) have to buy from distributors, J&R or some other US store's retail price normally is cheaper than retail price in China. That is why International shopping service company make money. they buy product from US store and ship to China customers, and get 2 to 3% benefit from the total cost.

Hundreds of Chinese customers bought fake ES7 from J&R via international shopping service company. They are extremely frustrated because ES7 price is at least 40% of their monthly income, and it is impossible to go to US and return ES7 to J&R.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #53 of 93
biggrin.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by sashimi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do u mean by saying'the chinese are spraying the garbage with deodorant'?

What information could possibly dirived from such a sentence? google?

It's written down surely you could have worked it out.

I don't get it when you're using instant messenger when the person you're writing to says "what?" to what you have just written, re-read it.

Sorry pet peeve
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #54 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ypoknons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the information Nankai. So it seems to me that the Chinese persons affected did not buy from retail but ordered online, and that the problem has already been confirmed in Chinese circles?

Because of relatively higher price (price/income), Chinese customers are much more sensitive than US customers. Actually it is very complicated and I can not give you an answer. A lot of big names manufacture all components in China. They do assembling in their own country so that they can avoid using "made in China" on the packing box. Some employee steal real components from factory, assembling by themselves and sell in market to make money. In this situation, we really can not say "fake" product is a garbage. Sometimes even an expert can not tell the difference between fake and real.

May 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #55 of 93
I understand, Nankai. I know China pretty well, and from personal experience too. I hope the problems are resolved.

May 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #56 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkinpbk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope u can choose your word more carefully.U don't have to show us your little knowledge about china,and to prove that it is absolutely wrong.
WE R HERE, JUST TO TELL U THE FACT THAT JR.COM HAS SOLD MORE THAN 300 FAKE ES7s TO US CHINESE CUSTUMERS,AND IT DOES MEAN A POSSIBILITY THAT JR.COM HAS TREATED SOME OF YOUR AMERICANS TOO.
IT'S TIME FOR US TO BE TOGETHER TO PROTECT OUR RIGHTS,OK?

Nope mate! You get me wrong. What I'm trying to say is the worst thing can come up is those AT are made illegally and those who made them are cheating customers, dealers, whoever intentionally. Thus I used the term "made by farmers" (And when I say farmers I do mean farmers). I do acknowledge 9 out of 10 products in the world are made from China. That's included my JBL and Infinity loud speakers, my iPhone, MacBook, Sony Vaio, Alienware, my shoes, my shirt, my toothbrush, you name it.

I know about China more than what you consider "little knowledge". Despite the fact that China is the factory of the world, it's also is the faketory of the world. What do you say about Sumsung, Nckia, Souy Ericssou? That's not to mention Geely and other Chinese automobile manufactures are making cars that look perfectly similar to Rolls Royce, Cayenne, Bentley, Lexus etc...

I by no mean want to go against any of you. I even said in another thread that the OP should return his ES7 and inform JR about the problem because they may not know they are selling fake headphones (eventho that odd is pretty tiny).

What you said about JR is trying to rip Chinese people off shows your ignorance. You really think so?
eek.gif

May 1, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #57 of 93
There is a possibility that the genuine ES-7 do made in China. But for a better selling price Japan official announce that they are made in Japan.

As the email from J&R said, the "made in China" on packaging is just a misprint. Maybe due to lack of communication with Japan official. And ATH Chinese official anounce they are all fake in order to win Chinese costomers back from J&R or Amazon.

As a fact, few people in China buy ATH-ES7 from Chinese distributor, for the price is 2-3 times than J&R's.

May 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #58 of 93
Has anyone considered why fake ES-7's would have printed boxes saying "Made in China?" I guess I'm naive about these things, but it seems a stupid way of "disguising" your fake product.

Maybe ATH recently decided to drop the pretense and just started making them in China ... and didn't announce to the world that they've now out-sourced assembly as well. Seems that changing the box to "Designed and Engineered in Japan, Made in China" would make sense.

May 1, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #60 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by usher2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm here to say something about the announcement.
American ATH corporation and JR.COM ,it's time for you guys to do someting.Coz,the audio-technica Japan Corporation had confirmed that the ES-7 headphones which sold by you are fake products.
Unfortunately,I bought one.
I will keep on sending email to them untill they give a pronouncement.
And i think they should thank me by send me a D7000 for free.

Can I send email to even without buying one in the first place ? I just want the free D7000
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back