iHP-120 don't waste your money please!
Nov 3, 2003 at 3:02 PM Post #31 of 45
If you check out the "ihp-120 battery break in?" thread, another owner, Luxmod, gives a little bit brighter report on the iHP-120.

Nov 3, 2003 at 3:28 PM Post #32 of 45
Rumz liked it too,
and so did i
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #33 of 45
I smell a stinky fish.
rolleyes.gif

Being the first to own the iHP 100 and post my initial impressions, I really don't hear where you are hearing this "terrible sound".
Perhaps you need an ear cleaning? I use the Ety's with my iHP and have found that the sound is of opposite as to what you write. Jazz's impressions are strange because he has listened to the iHP twice with each time having a different sound, so to judge the player off of his impressions is extremely confusing. And yes, almost all professional reviewers I have seen on the net have confirmed my impressions.

For all the audiophiles:

http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~m..../compared.html

Judge from your own ears, but I am confident with my recommendation of the iHP sound quality.

Nov 4, 2003 at 12:51 AM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by raynman
Jazz's impressions are strange because he has listened to the iHP twice with each time having a different sound, so to judge the player off of his impressions is extremely confusing.

What???

confused.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #36 of 45
Just to keep the faith: I can't wait until I waste my money on the IHP-120 !
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 1:42 AM Post #37 of 45
since i already owned the iHP-100, so i kno what ill be getting...so either can i
GAHAHAHA

Nov 4, 2003 at 2:07 AM Post #38 of 45
hehehe
biggrin.gif

Sorry if I confused you Jazz and Rizumu...i'm at work and time is of the essence. (well sometimes
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

The very first time you heard the iHP you initally thought it sounded pretty close to your iFP correct? You thought the sound was okay?

The second time you heard the iHP you thought it sounded different from the first time? You didn't generally like the sound?

I see now that you did go back an verify your second time impressions (didn't see that before).

In any case, I think it is a bit strange for the same player to have a different sound. You have stated that they (the shop) encode their music in high standards. Was this the same shop you visited for your first impression? Did they use the same standards to encode the music? What gear did you use to listen to the iHP the first time you heard it? It could have been possible that maybe there was a defect on the actual units you listened to for your second and third impression or the shop recieved bad batches of iHP's? That is why I am confused by your impressions. I am just trying to figure out why your first impression are different from the others.

In any case, sound is subjective indeed and I do value your decision. We can't all be chocolate lovers now can we?

Cheers Mate!
etysmile.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 2:26 AM Post #39 of 45
I find it amusing that when a negative sound quality review of the iHP is done, or a positive sound quality review of the iPod is done...you see people rushing to discredit them...even if they're done by a very respected and credible source.

Nov 4, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #40 of 45
what have i said?
confused.gif

i have borrowed my friend's ipod and found it'z sound to be very nutral and enjoyable, it's ipod's eq i dont like, but i never said ipod sounds bad
confused.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #41 of 45
SpoonMan,

Please put a #@&ing sock in your mouth will you? Your post was only made to insurge a flame bait war and was highly uncalled for.
rolleyes.gif

Explain to me then what is the difference when a negative thing is said about the iPod and you come in to save the day? Tell me, do find yourself amusing?
confused.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 4:57 AM Post #42 of 45
First thing first, who is the beauty on who tis los sig?! Not to be a smart ass but.. buy the unit you want and if it isn't up to your satisfaction , return it. Not one single unit: ipod, iriver ihp-120, creative zen, karma ect. is going to please everybody . Don't let a negative review rain on your sonic parade, if "You" enjoy the sound that is all that matters. Case in point: the unit I 'love' the "rio nitrus" has I think a 46% approval rating on cnet ,lol .

Nov 4, 2003 at 5:09 AM Post #43 of 45
Advertisers' sock puppets galore.
rolleyes.gif
(although I might be wrong)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 4, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by raynman
SpoonMan,

Please put a #@&ing sock in your mouth will you? Your post was only made to insurge a flame bait war and was highly uncalled for.
rolleyes.gif

Explain to me then what is the difference when a negative thing is said about the iPod and you come in to save the day? Tell me, do find yourself amusing?
confused.gif

I just post cause I know how much you enjoy reading my posts Raynman ... and no I did not post to insurge a flame war...it was simply an observation...you needa chill man sheesh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back