iHP-120 don't waste your money please!
Nov 2, 2003 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

hu$tler

New Head-Fier
Do your self a favor and don't get the ihp-120, I got it 2 days ago and its the worst. The sound sucks take it from me my man I have an ipod also and I though the ipod sounds bad but the ihp is worst, it makes the ipod sound good. and the controls Ohh man the way that boutton in the middle feels is very annoying. The navi button looks cool but trust me it not, its very small so you gotta like get it at the right part of your thumb 2 control it good, man listen. and the #1 worst thing 2 me you can't play your songs in number order, they play in alphabetical order, what kinda garbage is that, I want the same order as the CD, and the ihp can't do it. Yo who ever was planning 2 get an iHP forget it, take it from me, you want to return it the second day, like i'm about 2 do Monday.

Nov 2, 2003 at 7:32 AM Post #3 of 45
Fool you once, shame on Apple. Fool you twice, shame on... *cough* *gag* *choke* iRiver.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 2, 2003 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 45
1) iPod doesn't sound bad.
2) How are you tagging your files? I hadn't heard the complaint about file order with the iRiver. Just curious what your options are there.

Nov 2, 2003 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 45
Is this thread a joke? Are you using the DB function? If so, it should play in the order of the track number that is in the ID3 tags. If you are playing by file browser, do your track names have the track number at the beginning? If not, how do you expect the player to know what order to play the tracks?

Nov 2, 2003 at 8:28 AM Post #6 of 45
Hi,
Can you be more specific on the Iriver sound quality? How bad is it? What headphone did u use with it?

thanks

Nov 2, 2003 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 45
I smell a fish.
rolleyes.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 2, 2003 at 8:52 AM Post #8 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by hu$tler
you can't play your songs in number order, they play in alphabetical order, what kinda garbage is that, I want the same order as the CD, and the ihp can't do it.

no this is wrong. you have to built playlists for that.
playlist on the fly it's not actually possible, but playing in the same order as the cd is ok, as far as i know.

Nov 2, 2003 at 9:15 AM Post #9 of 45
Solution:

Get a file tagging program. The problem is, you have no track numbers to put them in album order.

I use Music Match Jukebox because it's a little bit easier to do stuff. When you edit the tracks you have to bring out all your cds again and you'll have type in the track numbers by hand manually..
redface.gif
I know it's very time consuming, but it's the only way.

By the way, what program did you use to record your cds/mp3s?

Nov 2, 2003 at 2:26 PM Post #10 of 45
You sound like a very hard person to please. Just curious...what cans are you using ? About the file structure, the IHP is only doing what it's supposed to. In order for it to read things in a specific order, there must first BE an order. A program which will do large batch processing should do nicely if your files arent' already tagged properly (which it would seem is the problem.)

For Ogg files, use a program called togger For MP3's there are too many to list, so use what you like.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:14 PM Post #11 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
1) iPod doesn't sound bad.
2) How are you tagging your files? I hadn't heard the complaint about file order with the iRiver. Just curious what your options are there.

1. All the ipod sound setting do sound bad, the only one that sounds close to aright is "jazz"

2. Before I posted this I tried all possible ways too get the tracks in number order. I use music match to tag my files. they had a DB mode (data base), where it shows in artist,album, song, ect..., and then it has browser mode, where it shows like windows explorer. I tried renaming files with the number didn't work, and the track tags are all correct. The dam thing just insist on playing in alpha order, and there in nothing in the manual about that.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:21 PM Post #12 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by hu$tler 1. All the ipod sound setting do sound bad, the only one that sounds close to aright is "jazz"

If you're saying the EQ's are bad, ah yeah... they're horrible.
If you're saying the "ipod sounds bad", ah no.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:25 PM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by matics
Is this thread a joke? Are you using the DB function? If so, it should play in the order of the track number that is in the ID3 tags. If you are playing by file browser, do your track names have the track number at the beginning? If not, how do you expect the player to know what order to play the tracks?

I tried DB and boswers order, I even re burned an album to test that out. I put the file track numbers in the beggining first test NO good still alpha order, then I put the numbers at the end of the file no good still alpha order. then I made sure that the ID3 tags were correct and the all are. But peep don't you think it kinda retared that you even had to do that, why do I have to make sure the numbers are in the front or back of the file name, when the ID3 tags have the track number in them. I also own an ipod and a karma and all you have to do is DL the album into the players and all the track come out in order. So with this ihp-120 I have to do all this extra work, naa i'll pass.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by nales I only ever see irritating people with Apples...

Ahh... you can do better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back