iHP-120 don't waste your money please!
Nov 2, 2003 at 5:34 PM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Hi,
Can you be more specific on the Iriver sound quality? How bad is it? What headphone did u use with it?

thanks

I tried my koss prota pros first, and then my px100's. The sound is real bad it sound dull, even though the ipod has bad sound settings al least they sound clear, the ihp-120 has like i think 7-8 settings, one brings out bass, but lowers treible bably, another brings out treible but lower bass, and they all effect bring oone out but effect another part worst. But what all the settings have in common they all sound DULL. I know fir sure its not my files all my mps are 192-256, and i also have a karma & ipod, both sound clear and better than the ihp-120.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:40 PM Post #17 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Murasame
no this is wrong. you have to built playlists for that.
playlist on the fly it's not actually possible, but playing in the same order as the cd is ok, as far as i know.

yea I seen that winamp playlist, but thats too much man, why can't I just put the files in, and they be in order, I had to playlist them first then put them in, come one man the player should be about to read tags correctly from the ID3 tag, you feel me. I got like 112 albums, so I gotto put all pf them in a playlist then put one by one in the player........naaa i'll pass.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:47 PM Post #18 of 45
how do u name your files?

when i rip cds, all my files are named as: "(04) First Love", one folder for each album, no problems at all!
iHP is folder based HDD player, of course it's gonna play by file name

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #19 of 45
Nov 2, 2003 at 5:53 PM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los? I really want to know what headphones you are using.

I tried my koss prota pros first, and then my px100's.

Nov 2, 2003 at 6:41 PM Post #23 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by hu$tler
But what all the settings have in common they all sound DULL. I know fir sure its not my files all my mps are 192-256, and i also have a karma & ipod, both sound clear and better than the ihp-120.

frown.gif
JaZZ first, now you...if all of this is true, i have lost 400 euros, because there is no way i keep a bad sounding device.
but i need to verify by myself with .wav files first.

Nov 2, 2003 at 7:13 PM Post #24 of 45
Quote:

I tried my koss prota pros first, and then my px100's.

arnt both of these phones known to be dark sounding?

Nov 2, 2003 at 7:49 PM Post #25 of 45
Quote:

frown.gif
JaZZ first, now you...if all of this is true, i have lost 400 euros, because there is no way i keep a bad sounding device.

Though most mp3 players can play wav files...it's not recomended as you're going to butcher your battery life...

Nov 2, 2003 at 8:01 PM Post #26 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by SpoonMan
Though most mp3 players can play wav files...it's not recomended as you're going to butcher your battery life...

yeah i know SpoonMan, but i have the feeling it sound better than (high) encoded files.
and feeling is the most important thing right?
smily_headphones1.gif

plus i use wav files only for my very best of music.

Nov 3, 2003 at 4:01 AM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

frown.gif

Keep us posted!

Nov 3, 2003 at 1:42 PM Post #30 of 45
I continue to smell a fish.
rolleyes.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back