iFi ZEN DAC discussion + impression
Jun 12, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #845 of 1,761
Hi can you please assist me. This is really getting annoying🤬🤬
Fear not! I too went through this process

1) After the failure, disconnect the dac
2) Make sure that you use task manager to kill the task of it still open - also kill tidal and any app possibly trying to use the DAC
3) Reconnect the DAC
4) re launch the firmware updated and re apply the firmware update
5) it should take at 7.2

I had to repeat this process for testing both cookies and cream and the GTO filter.

1.5 appears to be default firmware in the event that the device resets itself. As best as I can tell, the initial firmware push appears to cause the device to think it’s been “reset” as opposed to actually applying the firmware update

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #846 of 1,761

2) Make sure that you use task manager to kill the task of it still open - also kill tidal and any app possibly trying to use the DAC
3) Reconnect the DAC
5) it should take at 7.2

I had to repeat this process for testing both cookies and cream and the GTO filter.

1.5 appears to be default firmware in the event that the device resets itself. As best as I can tell, the initial firmware push appears to cause the device to think it’s been “reset” as opposed to actually applying the firmware update
Thanks mate. I will try that

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #848 of 1,761

3) Reconnect the DAC
5) it should take at 7.2

Still not working. Look at the photo that I posted please

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #849 of 1,761
16235233887844463513843261540446.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back