iFi micro iDSD Black-Label - In-Depth Review
Mar 9, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #437 of 1,056
I'm curious how many people use a $600 headphone amp as a portable power bank for their phones? Perhaps this feature can be taken off the next model or we can have a USB C port for charging the unit and/or providing a charge for your phone.

Just a thought...

Cheers from sunny SoCal!

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #438 of 1,056
I'm curious how many people use a $600 headphone amp as a portable power bank for their phones? Perhaps this feature can be taken off the next model or we can have a USB C port for charging the unit and/or providing a charge for your phone.

Just a thought...

Cheers from sunny SoCal!
Pretty sure its just there for convenience and not solely for a phone charger. Everything it does and all you see is the charger? O.o

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #439 of 1,056

Just a thought...

Cheers from sunny SoCal!
Well I carry this and a th900 on the go 3 hrs a day in Hong Kong. Three hours of walking, trains, buses.

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #440 of 1,056
Pretty sure its just there for convenience and not solely for a phone charger. Everything it does and all you see is the charger? O.o
Oo I never use it to charge my phone. I carry an extra battery in my back pack.

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #441 of 1,056
Fully agree.

Personally I would like to see the following features implemented:

- dedicated charging usb port (so you do not disconnect your usb transport unit to charge the micro)
- DC power input similar to iCAN (in case it is sitting on your desk)
- Auto shut-off function (in addition to a sleeping mode)
- balanced output/circuit (XLR, 4.4 mm)?

That would be an ideal DAC/Amp.
Would be ready to pay $1000 for it)

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #442 of 1,056
Fully agree.

Personally I would like to see the following features implemented:

- dedicated charging usb port (so you do not disconnect your usb transport unit to charge the micro)
- DC power input similar to iCAN (in case it is sitting on your desk)
- Auto shut-off fucntion (do not mix it with a sleeping mode)
- balanced output/circuit (XLR, 4.4 mm)?

That would be an ideal DAC/Amp.
Would be ready to pay $1000 for it)
Balanced output !!

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #443 of 1,056
Oo I never use it to charge my phone. I carry an extra battery in my back pack.
Same here and yeah, I tried using that charger once to charge my lgv20, it was a very long process. I ended up just not trying and stayed without a phone for a night. We were camping, so wasn't to bad of a night :)

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #444 of 1,056
Lol...I just ran out of power and it took a while to find my USB A to USB A cable for my AC adapter...just slightly irritated. :ksc75smile:

I have tons of 'normal' USB A to micro and C cables on hand...

Mar 12, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #445 of 1,056
So i daily carry my iFi Micro BL around strapped to my phone, and im kind of sick of the cheap chinese USB Type-C to USB A cables .. they seem to eventually introduce clicking/popping noises.

Is there a quality cable I can purchase for connecting my Samsung s10+ to the BL ? relatively short would be nice.

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #446 of 1,056
So i daily carry my iFi Micro BL around strapped to my phone, and im kind of sick of the cheap chinese USB Type-C to USB A cables .. they seem to eventually introduce clicking/popping noises.

Is there a quality cable I can purchase for connecting my Samsung s10+ to the BL ? relatively short would be nice.
Yes, many cable companies can make you one.

Mar 12, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #447 of 1,056

AudioQuest Dragontail Type-C or the original from iFi.
I prefer AQ since it is sitting tight in the BL port while the original is somewhat loose.

DSC_0258.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #448 of 1,056
AudioQuest Dragontail Type-C or the original from iFi.
I prefer AQ since it is sitting tight in the BL port while the original is somewhat loose.

Thanks !

Turns out it's my Samsung s10+ causing the issue :/

I've tried connecting it to my iFi BL via multiple otg cables, and it's crackling on all of them, with different headphones .

So I tried another dac/amp , my iFi xDSD which I've been using via Bluetooth with the s10+ successfully , but via USB it also crackles!

Tested both the amps via USB direct to my PC and there's no issues . Hmm :/ maybe there's an issue with my new phone. I've just factory reset it, and the issues persist . I know the otg cables are okay as I used them with my s8+ prior to selling it .

I suppose I'll have to log a Samsung support ticket

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #450 of 1,056
Do you have the UAPP installed on your S10?
I use this app to bypass Android mixer - it works directly with the DAC.

Yes UAPP, Neutron and Tidal

It's not that it doesn't work, It does. but there is background clicking every half a second even in YouTube..

This doesn't happen when using the audio jack to the dac, or Bluetooth to the iFi xDSD.

As the issue isn't with the iFi products , I'm going to try and seek out another s10 and see if the issue happens there. Trip to Vodafone today , as this didn't exist with my s8

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back