iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Mar 5, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #8,703 of 9,047
Guys what you think about RHA CL750 with iDSD BL micro, has anyone tried??
(Mostly for metal music)

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #8,704 of 9,047
I have just added an Auralic Aries Mini server to my Ifi set up. This consists of the original (silver) idsd micro dac/amp & micro iusb 3 connected by the original Gemini cable. I’m feeding the Aries Mini with a WD passport HDD. I am considering changing this to an internal ssd.I have a few questions concerning the cabling and options to upgrade.

1. The Gemini is terminated with a usb type B plug which requires an adapter in order to connect to the male A usb input socket of the idsd. I am using the supplied ifi adapter. Doesn’t this negate the benefits of the Gemini? Is there a reason that the Gemini isn’t the terminated with a female usb plug in order to be fully compliant with the idsd?

2. I am using the supplied blue usb cable to connect the usb output of the Aries Mini to the input of the iusb 3. Has anyone with this, or a similar set up upgraded this cable and experienced any improvement?

3. Power supply upgrade. I’m using the standard PSU with the Aries and the iusb 3 is supplied by the ipower. Since the iusb 3 is cleaning the output of the Aries/hdd would I benefit from upgrading the Aries’s PSU. Has anyone with this, or a similar set up upgraded to the ipower 15v, Auralic PSU or Sbooster in conjunction with the iusb 3?

Any comments/suggestions appreciated

May 12, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #8,706 of 9,047
I saw some people talking about the gto filter for the 5.3c update whats everyones thoughts on it? Does this filter replace bitperfect? do some people prefer the old filter? I also saw some people were having technical issues with the update, any updates on that. asking because I just bought a micro black label going to have it soon

May 12, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #8,707 of 9,047
I saw some people talking about the gto filter for the 5.3c update whats everyones thoughts on it? Does this filter replace bitperfect? do some people prefer the old filter? I also saw some people were having technical issues with the update, any updates on that. asking because I just bought a micro black label going to have it soon
Bitperfect is no longer possible on MQA firmware. So if you want NOS treble roll-off, listen to bitperfect first and see if you like it. Otherwise try the GTO.. I personally heard little difference between GTO and minimum phase.

If you upgrade you can always return to older firmware though. it's very easy just follow instructions.

May 12, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #8,709 of 9,047
See my briefed impression of GTO filter introduced by 5.30C firmware for xDSD. I also updated micro iDAC2 as well. No technical issue and I am happy with it.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi-audio-xdsd-the-official-thread.873787/page-63#post-14501613

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back