iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Feb 26, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #5,401 of 9,047
@iFi-Audio
Do you have plans on making some cables for like Apple, Sony, Samsung and other various USB connections to hook up with your devices?  Im having a hell of a time trying to find another cable to hook my iPod touch up to this. I just bought another Apple CCK cable from another seller so hopefully this will work and I'm trying to find one on a site called Taobao where they make a lot of different cables for many configurations. If anyone else has found a cable that will work please put a link here.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #5,402 of 9,047
  @iFi-Audio
Do you have plans on making some cables for like Apple, Sony, Samsung and other various USB connections to hook up with your devices?  Im having a hell of a time trying to find another cable to hook my iPod touch up to this. I just bought another Apple CCK cable from another seller so hopefully this will work and I'm trying to find one on a site called Taobao where they make a lot of different cables for many configurations. If anyone else has found a cable that will work please put a link here.

Apple CCK works great for me with the iPhone/Micro, not sure about the iPod touch.  Apple cables usually fail quickly for me even when just used for charging but the CCK has been great. It even went through the wash and still works great.

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #5,403 of 9,047

Apple CCK works great for me with the iPhone/Micro, not sure about the iPod touch.  Apple cables usually fail quickly for me even when just used for charging but the CCK has been great. It even went through the wash and still works great.

I bought a Samsung phone for it and will give that a whirl, fingers crossed.

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #5,404 of 9,047

Just wanted to share my new set up with you guys...what do you think? Sounds lovely..I love SACD files on Ifi DSD

Wonderful setup. I know it sounds great. Enjoy the music  
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #5,405 of 9,047
Hi there, Peter from Holland/netherlands.
last week i purchased the AKG K712 and the ifi micro iDSD. The ifi playes beautifull when connected to my samsung note 3.
It also playes good when connecting to my desktop but every now and than i hear a noise. It lasts for 2 seconds (kind of ripple in the whater if you know what i mean) . is this normal?

but the biggest annoyance is that i can not play it with my new ipad. i purchased the lighting to USB cable and also purchased the onkyo HF player for ipad.
but no matter what i do,  i can't get any sound of my cans using the ipad.
does anyone has a idea what to do?

best regards to you all

Peter

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #5,406 of 9,047
Hi there, Peter from Holland/netherlands.
last week i purchased the AKG K712 and the ifi micro iDSD. The ifi playes beautifull when connected to my samsung note 3.
It also playes good when connecting to my desktop but every now and than i hear a noise. It lasts for 2 seconds (kind of ripple in the whater if you know what i mean) . is this normal?

but the biggest annoyance is that i can not play it with my new ipad. i purchased the lighting to USB cable and also purchased the onkyo HF player for ipad.
but no matter what i do,  i can't get any sound of my cans using the ipad.
does anyone has a idea what to do?

best regards to you all

Peter

is the USB connector the CCK or regular USB? Is micro on before you connect iPad?

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #5,409 of 9,047
oke thanks for your reply.
i will check the ifi web page, i recall they mentioned that lightning to USb whas the best option. but as i learned from you there are two options . And i probably choose the wrong one

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #5,411 of 9,047
I need some help! I bought a Samsung Galaxy Prime phone for a source only for my Micro, I have tried 3 cables and still have no sound coming out of the Micro it is only coming out the phone speaker. Just another bit of information that Im not sure if it is relevant or not but I downloaded 450 songs onto to my mSD card from Tidal, so the songs im trying to play are Tidal songs. The phone is 5.1.1 lollipop the newest Android update. 

Thanks in Advance if someone can help me make this work!

Feb 27, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #5,412 of 9,047
  I need some help! I bought a Samsung Galaxy Prime phone for a source only for my Micro, I have tried 3 cables and still have no sound coming out of the Micro it is only coming out the phone speaker. Just another bit of information that Im not sure if it is relevant or not but I downloaded 450 songs onto to my mSD card from Tidal, so the songs im trying to play are Tidal songs. The phone is 5.1.1 lollipop the newest Android update. 

Thanks in Advance if someone can help me make this work!

Are you running the Tidal app or UAPP (which now supports Tidal)?

That phone might not put out audio over usb with every app.

Feb 27, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #5,414 of 9,047
  just the Tidal app. So I should download UAPP and everything will be the same?

If Tidal alone isn't working you have nothing to lose by trying the UAPP trial:
http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial

I don't have Tidal but remember seeing the UAPP update last year where it allows you to login and use your Tidal account:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/7350#post_12058002

Not sure if its streaming only vs. local Tidal playback but UAPP is about the only app that will push usb audio on most any recent Android device.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #5,415 of 9,047
I downloaded the 8 dollar UAPP and see no setting for the Tidal and it's not seeing my music. This is just messed up that how Apple needs a special cord and Samsung/Android needs a install to use the USB function. It was not such a pain a decade ago when most things where plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back