iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Jun 10, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #3,916 of 9,047
  Using the volume from windows at 100% is always recommended, for any product in fact, because windows volume tends to not be distortion and artifact free. 

Yes with 100 % pc volume the music sounds better, but you have to be more carefull with the ears.
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #3,918 of 9,047
Past posts have suggested running at 12-3 o clock. I open my right out to 3-4 o clock. The more open, the less restriction. take the handbrake off and let the Lamborghini fly man

Looool xD Nice coment man :)
Well i was using it that with pc volume at 50 percent, but with 100 percent and
Power matched with impedance, i can go only with 9-12. Like ifi sad, and its sounds good. I could use the senns 650 in eco mode, at 12-3, but they sound better at normal. With the fidelio x2 35ohm i would need to use iem match to get volume to 12-3, but it reduces the atack and sparkle of the sound, so i leave it off. I want soundstage. :)
But i noticed that some say to use it at 9-12 others at 12-3.

Seems a good question to ifi clearify again, so that we get a definitive orientation. So wich is the best ifi?
:) Lol
(Just to mantain it clear for all users of the topic) :wink:

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #3,920 of 9,047
your 650s, try vol 100% and eco or normal. with iEmatch set to high-sensitivity. depending on your music, you should go 3 o clock (or 7,000rpm!). i never drive with handbrake on :)

Well if that way it works for you, fine.
I dont use iem match because it kinda
alters the sound. I leave it off likw ifi sad. I would like they would clearify on this topic for and the rest of the members again, but i think they already gave the definitive answer before.
Cheers

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #3,923 of 9,047
On the driver there is an option called sound intensity EQ. Does somebody use it for listening music? It kinda felt less tiring, but i dont know if it advisable to use it for music. 

What driver?

I don't see anything like that here.

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #3,924 of 9,047
What driver?

You have to instal a driver on windows to recognise the iDSD. Then you go to the volume down right on the screen. Click on the speaker simbol, then go sound improvements. Its the fourth option. I already done A B comparison and i think it acts like iem match, it turns the sound smooter but the treble is not the same. So i have it off.
Well its all part of the learning process, since it has alot of functions, its takes time. Im no audio engineer, but im always curious. Nothing will be left behind. :)

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #3,925 of 9,047
What driver?

You have to instal a driver on windows to recognise the iDSD. Then you go to the volume down right on the screen. Click on the speaker simbol, then go sound improvements. Its the fourth option. I already done A B comparison and i think it acts like iem match, it turns the sound smooter but the treble is not the same. So i have it off.
Well its all part of the learning process, since it has alot of functions, its takes time. Im no audio engineer, but im always curious. Nothing will be left behind. :)

What you describe is nothing to do with the iFi driver.

The features you describe are provided by your sound card or on-board sound system.

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #3,926 of 9,047

The features you describe are provided by your sound card or on-board sound system.

Im quite sure it is the ifi driver,
The name of it is:
Ifi(by AMR)HD+USB audio

My onboard card driver doesnt have that option.

I would like to show you a printscreen,
but everything is in portugiese. :/

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #3,927 of 9,047

Im quite sure it is the ifi driver,
The name of it is:
Ifi(by AMR)HD+USB audio

My onboard card driver doesnt have that option.

I would like to show you a printscreen,
but everything is in portugiese. :/

The iFi USB Driver has this interface:

It has no other functions.

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #3,928 of 9,047
i think he's talking about this.

Sorry it's in spanish, but it says it is some kind of  "equalization of sound, using knowledge about the human ear to reduce different perceptions of volume"

Jun 12, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #3,929 of 9,047
Perhaps you are referring to the Windows Sound Device Properties dialog:

This is Windows functionality. Nothing to do with iFi.

If you engage these 'enhancements' then Windows is performing DSP on the data.

You can avoid all Windows processing by using a decent player (like foobar2000) and using the ASIO output driver.

DSP is evil and you should avoid it at all costs for the best sound.

Jun 12, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #3,930 of 9,047
Perhaps you are referring to the Windows Sound Device Properties dialog:

This is Windows functionality. Nothing to do with iFi.

If you engage these 'enhancements' then Windows is performing DSP on the data.

You can avoid all Windows processing by using a decent player (like foobar2000) and using the ASIO output driver.

DSP is evil and you should avoid it at all costs for the best sound.

I just instaled the driver thats it.
I have foobar 2000, how did you got that menu? O.o Do you have some link to show me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back