iFi Hip-DAC Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #61 of 768
I just bought an IeMatch. I'll have an update on the Campfire Solaris & Atlas in about a week.

I'm loving the Hip Dac so far though. With the 6XX balanced it's unbelievable

Apr 5, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #63 of 768
A question to those that have this little flask: is the 3.5 mm port on your units also missing the usual final click when putting the jack in? In mine when I connect the IEMs to the 3.5 mm the jack pretty much just slides in all the way in one go with the only resistance provided by friction.

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #65 of 768
I just bought an IeMatch. I'll have an update on the Campfire Solaris & Atlas in about a week.

I'm loving the Hip Dac so far though. With the 6XX balanced it's unbelievable
Let me know how it goes with Solaris+HipDAC. I've heard Hip DAC might be just too warm.

Apr 6, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #67 of 768
SB E5 is several years older than the Hip DAC. And the technology involved is also very different. I would say Hip is better than E5 based on people's feedback. But I am not allow to say things about things that I don't own. I hope though that I can compare my G5 to the Hip DAC in the future.

Apr 6, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #68 of 768
I’m envious... the hip-DAC is sold out everywhere I check. Can’t wait to get one and also the new Nvidia shield. $199 MSRP but going for $360+ on eBay
You're in US but can you order 1 to amazon.ca? Well I got mine there.

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #69 of 768
Just got the Atlas yesterday. HUGE Bass on these. Very noticeable compared to the Solaris. Also the sensitivity and hiss is not an issue with the Atlas and Hip Dac. Still a bit of noise floor compared to the Cobalt but very usable. However, for those looking to go 4.4 balanced with this and the Atlas look elsewhere. Hiss is very present balanced. Still not a good combo so I think it's safe to say that the Campfire product line is not a good pairing with the Hip Dac.

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #70 of 768
A question to those that have this little flask: is the 3.5 mm port on your units also missing the usual final click when putting the jack in? In mine when I connect the IEMs to the 3.5 mm the jack pretty much just slides in all the way in one go with the only resistance provided by friction.

Have no issue with the 3.5 mm port but it seems like there is poor contact in the 4.4 mm balanced port. It's a Sony 4.4 mm balanced cable. Don't have this problem with this cable on Sony TA-ZH1ES.

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #71 of 768
Mine has good contact in the 4.4mm port. I get the usual click.

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #72 of 768
Mine has good contact in the 4.4mm port. I get the usual click.

It clicks but I can still move it a little bit. Enough so one channel cuts or I hear some noise. Have you tried to move or turn the plug around? The cable that came with MDR-Z1R is better than the Sony/Kimber MUC-B20SB1, but no contact problems with any of them on my TA-ZH1ES.

Apr 12, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #73 of 768
Will there be ifimatch 4.4 version soon?

Apr 12, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #74 of 768
Happy Easter!

DSC02704.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back