iFi Hip-DAC Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #766 of 768
That appears to be too similar to the Apple version and will have the same issues. Thanks for the suggestion though!
But the cable is way more flexible and is almost the same like a regular DAC connection.

Or do you look for a more solid connection like this ? I couldn’t find a USB-A version

IMG_9561.jpeg

Or you could buy the ifi OTG cable with USB-C and the ddhifi tc28i to connect the cable sideways to the iPhone.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #767 of 768
But the cable is way more flexible and is almost the same like a regular DAC connection.

Or do you look for a more solid connection like this ? I couldn’t find a USB-A version

IMG_9561.jpeg

Or you could buy the ifi OTG cable with USB-C and the ddhifi tc28i to connect the cable sideways to the iPhone.
Something like this would be ideal, but it would need to be lightning to USB a female and offset to allow the USB to reach the port on the Hip Dac. It seems that with the proliferation of USB C, there are quite a few more options to solve my problem than there are for the lightning port. May have to upgrade my phone to truly solve this.

Mar 23, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #768 of 768
Hi, I need a dac that can drive the sennheiser hd 600 better than the shanling up4 22. I can buy the hip mk1 second hand or about 70€, do you recommend this or a newer version would be better? The mk2 is about 40€ more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back