iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Oct 11, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #1,846 of 5,936
hello friends, i hope that the straem will soon be roon ready because i am using an elac discovery with a stripped down roon software. unfortunately the elac does not show my stream as it only shows roon ready devices, i have already discussed the problem here. but that's exactly why i bought the ifi stream. I am currently using the elac and the stream via airplay because it is only shown to me in the roon software, but that is associated with a limitation in the sampling rate ... but I love the sound anyway :)
So please last ifi keep your promise and I will be overjoyed ..... !!!!
I allow myself to ask once again when it will be ready for my stream to be roon ready?
Thanks to you :)

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #1,847 of 5,936
in addition, my elac discovery roon version is called "roon essential"

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #1,848 of 5,936
hello friends, i hope that the straem will soon be roon ready because i am using an elac discovery with a stripped down roon software. unfortunately the elac does not show my stream as it only shows roon ready devices, i have already discussed the problem here. but that's exactly why i bought the ifi stream. I am currently using the elac and the stream via airplay because it is only shown to me in the roon software, but that is associated with a limitation in the sampling rate ... but I love the sound anyway :)
I allow myself to ask once again when it will be ready for my stream to be roon ready?
So you now have basically 2 music servers, and I am assuming that Roon essentials (as I read it) is that app that came with the Elac Discovery, am I correct in that?

Does Roon Essentials require a roon subscription? or is it part of the Elac package? I ask because I have never had an issue with Ronn discovering any Endpoints, just because They aren't "Roon Ready".

Also if you could please point me to where you discussed this previously, as I would like to brush up on this topic, seeing how "Roon Ready" has suddenly become the new issue...

Thanks so much...

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 11, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #1,849 of 5,936
hello Mr Bubbahyde,
the elac discovery is a music server and roon essentials runs on it.
Yes, I have a roon account on which the elac runs.
I posted my problem here in this forum on 07/26/21.
A Hifiberry rasp pi 4 is roon ready and is easily recognized by my roon essentials software, other devices that are roon ready are also recognized without any problems. MBL, Devialet 22o core infiniti, sonos etc.
I had the roon full version before then Roon had also recognized my Devialet 200 which is not roon ready, which unfortunately was over with the use of roon essentials.
It seems that the ready certification opens a door.
I bought the stream for this reason because a roon ready certification should come and I can use my Devialet 200 via USB with my Elac and roon essentials.
I hope that happens because I can now only use the stream via airplay, which is really good ..... I would like to have the full potential of the stream:wink:
Thank you for your interest ....
Greetings Werryslow

@ I am happy to send screenshots from the roon essentials software.

Oct 11, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #1,852 of 5,936
i recieved it today and it sounds great when it works. there is constantly no connection to the apps. and apperantly it also really doesnt work without having also wifi enabled. im getting frustrated. whenever i something works it does for 3-4 tracks then just stops. if try to play from another app then it will show as playing but no sounds comes out of the speakers but ost likely i cant even select the streamer for most of the time :frowning2:

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,853 of 5,936
hello Mr Bubbahyde,
the elac discovery is a music server and roon essentials runs on it.
Yes, I have a roon account on which the elac runs.
I posted my problem here in this forum on 07/26/21.
A Hifiberry rasp pi 4 is roon ready and is easily recognized by my roon essentials software, other devices that are roon ready are also recognized without any problems. MBL, Devialet 22o core infiniti, sonos etc.
I had the roon full version before then Roon had also recognized my Devialet 200 which is not roon ready, which unfortunately was over with the use of roon essentials.
It seems that the ready certification opens a door.
I bought the stream for this reason because a roon ready certification should come and I can use my Devialet 200 via USB with my Elac and roon essentials.
I hope that happens because I can now only use the stream via airplay, which is really good ..... I would like to have the full potential of the stream:wink:
Thank you for your interest ....
Greetings Werryslow

@ I am happy to send screenshots from the roon essentials software.
Maybe this help:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/new-ifi-zen-stream-device/163860/517

regards,
Simon

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #1,854 of 5,936
I would drop all mentions of Roon Ready from your website immediately. Simply state that the ZEN Stream is 100% compatible with Roon.

The only potential legal issue you have with Roon Labs is if you are shipping the product with Roon Bridge pre-installed. That's a no-no, as it violates Roon Labs' copyright. This is easily solved with a simple script that the ZEN Stream can run to download and install Roon Bridge if missing after networking is up.

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know we are already in talks directly with Roon about this.

Thanks for your concerns and hopefully this will speed along the process with their certification as well!

As stated above, we are working directly with Roon but do not have a date yet.

Please do send screenshots on this thread since I am unfamiliar with there even being an essentials version in the firs place!

We can help you as best we can here :)

i recieved it today and it sounds great when it works. there is constantly no connection to the apps. and apperantly it also really doesnt work without having also wifi enabled. im getting frustrated. whenever i something works it does for 3-4 tracks then just stops. if try to play from another app then it will show as playing but no sounds comes out of the speakers but ost likely i cant even select the streamer for most of the time :frowning2:

Hi @Knobstler ~ what wifi network and router do you have?

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #1,855 of 5,936
Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know we are already in talks directly with Roon about this.

Thanks for your concerns and hopefully this will speed along the process with their certification as well!

As stated above, we are working directly with Roon but do not have a date yet.

Please do send screenshots on this thread since I am unfamiliar with there even being an essentials version in the firs place!

We can help you as best we can here :)

Hi @Knobstler ~ what wifi network and router do you have?
its a fiber network everything is wired 100mbs up 100mbs down. the router is from icotera.
tidal also stops playback after one song now.
it would also be nice to turn wifi off. but when i do and save and i go back in to the settings it is turned on again.
i feel like the thing is constantly restarting.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #1,856 of 5,936
something works it does for 3-4 tracks then just stops
When it stops, what do you have to do to get it going again? In my case, the unit initially would run for three or four hours and then die…required me to disconnect power to get it going again. The issue turned out to be a bad power supply. Your situation could be this, or it could be network-related.

Oct 11, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #1,857 of 5,936
When it stops, what do you have to do to get it going again? In my case, the unit initially would run for three or four hours and then die…required me to disconnect power to get it going again. The issue turned out to be a bad power supply. Your situation could be this, or it could be network-related.
yeah basically i have to start all over again. i cant even change inputs so to to speak without a restart. now its playing with the wifi connected but only on tidal. if try spotify or upnp nothing happens and mostly its not even recognized by the apps. with wifi off the tidal plays less then one track before disconecting. i thought this is gonna be a nice way of moving away from my nuc with roon and have more options. but turns out its more like a major incovienience. to bad as i think the sound is better then on the nuc.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #1,858 of 5,936
yeah basically i have to start all over again. i cant even change inputs so to to speak without a restart. now its playing with the wifi connected but only on tidal. if try spotify or upnp nothing happens and mostly its not even recognized by the apps. with wifi off the tidal plays less then one track before disconecting. i thought this is gonna be a nice way of moving away from my nuc with roon and have more options. but turns out its more like a major incovienience. to bad as i think the sound is better then on the nuc.
If you have a digital multimeter, please measure the voltage of the power supply. Insert the positive probe in the center of the barrel connector and touch the negative probe to the coller while the meter is set to DC mode. You should see a rating that's above 9V. And, it should stay above 9V. If it dips below that, you'll need to reach out to @iFi audio to have the power supply replaced.

Oct 11, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #1,859 of 5,936
You would be amazed at how many of these types of issues are solved by a very simple process. As @dsnyder there were some glitchy power supplies out there perhaps you got one, Check if it's 9v or 12, 15.... Once I know that I can tell you how to "potentially" fix your issue, keep in mind I cannot tell you how to fix the glitchy, freaky Tidal app, other than to tell you it's a work in progress, or "Get Roon", lol :joy:

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 11, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #1,860 of 5,936
If you have a digital multimeter, please measure the voltage of the power supply. Insert the positive probe in the center of the barrel connector and touch the negative probe to the coller while the meter is set to DC mode. You should see a rating that's above 9V. And, it should stay above 9V. If it dips below that, you'll need to reach out to @iFi audio to have the power supply replaced.
thank but i dont have a device like that and i dont plan on getting one simply for quality checking ifi`s supposed great spu thats bundled in their supposed plug and play product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back