iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Sep 3, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #1,261 of 5,913
@rudy49 Someone can correct me here if I'm way off, but that warning is a network issue, not specifically a ZS issue, meaning you've got some things to work out on the network side of things.

I am not sure what In all you are running there but I always see other windows open in the screencaps you are posting, and I also use a Mac and again I have no idea if these things are running or not, but you have an awful lot of icons in your menu bar, and indications of other programs open that can contribute to your streaming quality.

Try disabling all those things running and close all windows but your streaming source and see what happens...

Cheers!!
@rudy49 Someone can correct me here if I'm way off, but that warning is a network issue, not specifically a ZS issue, meaning you've got some things to work out on the network side of things.

I am not sure what In all you are running there but I always see other windows open in the screencaps you are posting, and I also use a Mac and again I have no idea if these things are running or not, but you have an awful lot of icons in your menu bar, and indications of other programs open that can contribute to your streaming quality.

Try disabling all those things running and close all windows but your streaming source and see what happens...

Cheers!!
hello
i shut down the VNC and Dropbox which are the icons that you are seeing. Safari is the only app. that i use during streaming. why i continue to loose the connection on the ZS yet the track will continue to play from Tidal on my MacBooks speakers to the end is a mystery. are you saying that the "server error" message is not coming from the ZS but is being generated by Tidal? at Tidal's request i tried mode 3 and this did not resolve the issue. i am having my ISP upgrading this morning. new router with a promised 70/70 Mbps. download speed to insure that my end is covered. its either the ZS or Tidal that is causing the problem. or a compatibility issue between the to. a main selling point of the ZS is its ability to work flawlessly with Tidal. Tidal is very interested in helping me resolve this problem since it is in their interest. Ifi has suggested that i exchange the unit. i had to buy this from TREO in Singapore since the distributor for IFI here does not carry the ZS. i want to exhaust all possible solutions before i throw in the towel. hopefully i will hear back from Tidal today and i am sure that they are in communication with IFI to make some changes to their respective app.s if necessary.
cheers.

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #1,263 of 5,913
Drop Tidal for Qobuz and live happily ever after. All issues I can see in this thread are thanks to Tidal's dodgy software.
would like to try Qobuz but it's not available here yet. i have the same issues with Spotify btw. my friends here who stream Tidal with other devices have no issues. just signed up with Qobuz, but no ZS support.
thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #1,264 of 5,913
Streaming Tidal using your network OK on other devices? No interruptions when using the app on your phone?
Have you tried playing Paradise FLAC radio for extended periods? If that runs OK then it is not the streamer.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #1,265 of 5,913
would like to try Qobuz but it's not available here yet. i have the same issues with Spotify btw. my friends here who stream Tidal with other devices have no issues.
thanks.
That should tell you everything you need to know right there! Streaming issues are streaming issues,

You need to narrow it down in your own minds bro, are your friends using "connect" Orr just streaming from a browser or app?

Are they on your WiFi? Are you on theirs?

Start narrowing down what the issue is, and I know it shouldn't be this way but yet nor to have anything open on the background when streaming, and yes I know we all do it, but until you see what the real issue is just Tidal!

And I am in 💯 agreement with "dodgy" software from Tidal!

@rudy49 I have issues with Tidal Connect sometimes on my Cambridge CXN V2!
Look that one up and see how upset you'd be! They claim to be flawless!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 4, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #1,266 of 5,913
well the new service is in and i was streaming the Beatles on Tidal and all was groovy until The Sun King. bummer. my friend has a Node 2i, and streams Tidal flawlessly. have not tried the Paridise Radio. Tidal streams flawlessly on my iPhone and on the MacBook over my network. i upgraded my internet service in the hopes that it might be something on my end, however i beginning to think that Tidal and the ZS do not play well together and that its incumbent upon IFI and Tidal to work this out. i hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 11.22.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 11.22.55 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #1,268 of 5,913
My Zen Stream is connecting to my Wi-Fi network at 433 Mb/s while my router is good for 1,733 Mb/s. No dramas streaming DSD256 on this network. WAN connection speed is 50/20 Mb/s fixed wireless and there is plenty of bandwidth for 4k Netflix, let alone all lossless streaming services. People complaining about Tidal issues, what speed is your Stream connected at to your network?

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #1,269 of 5,913
I'm not saying it's Tidal specifically, but of all the apps and connect things out there Tidal is the one that's given me the most fits! Issues like the app hanging or having to restart the app when using connect, Just yesterday after using connect on Cambridge just to check, I had to pull the power plug on the CXN to get it released. Then somehow it logged me out of all my automatic logins for Tidal! Audirvana and so forth all needed to be signed in again.
so how do we stream Tidal on the ZS. Qobuz is not available. should i purchase ROON? stream Tidal through ROON. if it solved my problem it would be worth it. i am at wits end. is everyone having issues with Tidal or is it just me. i can afford to spend much much more but i doubt anything will beat the ZS?

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #1,271 of 5,913
My Zen Stream is connecting to my Wi-Fi network at 433 Mb/s while my router is good for 1,733 Mb/s. No dramas streaming DSD256 on this network. WAN connection speed is 50/20 Mb/s fixed wireless and there is plenty of bandwidth for 4k Netflix, let alone all lossless streaming services. People complaining about Tidal issues, what speed is your Stream connected at to your network?
i just did a speed test, 20/20Mbps up and down. fiber not available in my building. should be enough for hi-res music and 4k. video which i do not use.

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #1,272 of 5,913
I run Qobuz through ZS using Mconnect app on my iPad, and have had no problems. Mconnect also works well with Tidal.

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #1,274 of 5,913
ok, i just signed up for Roon. Roon can not find the ZS as a Roon core device? only sees the MacBook. further i can not sign into ifi.local. have not heard from IFI support in over a week nor Tidal, have not heard back from the my dealer TREO in Singapore.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 4.40.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 4.40.58 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back