iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Nov 29, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #4,891 of 5,872
I could drink whiskey, but I was born in a land of vines... almost heaven.
Maybe that's why my Zen Stream runs on a MeanWell 7.5v/2.93 power supply.
In fact, I had it with an Oehlbach Masterclock reclocking box.
It doesn't cost much, is medical certified and tested with a 24 mVp ripple.
And my ZS is in the minimum version for HQPlayer, without wifi or other power consuming devices. .. cpu at 408 Mhz no stress : "small is beautiful"

Nov 29, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #4,892 of 5,872
I could drink whiskey, but I was born in a land of vines... almost heaven.
Maybe that's why my Zen Stream runs on a MeanWell 7.5v/2.93 power supply.
In fact, I had it with an Oehlbach Masterclock reclocking box.
It doesn't cost much, is medical certified and tested with a 24 mVp ripple.
And my ZS is in the minimum version for HQPlayer, without wifi or other power consuming devices. .. cpu at 408 Mhz no stress : "small is beautiful"
Ok so now you've convinced me to start drinking wine!!

These forums are bad for your wallet and health!! Wait, wine is good for you right?

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 29, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #4,893 of 5,872
For some reason I can't shake the memory of the wine my mother used to make. Nasty, just nasty!

My earlier comment about the power supply was more due to the extra electrical demand that the external HDD is causing. Not sure if that's even an issue since I think the stock power works fine.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #4,894 of 5,872
My Stream seems to go non responsive intermittently.
White network light is on, you loose visibility of it in the Roon audio settings, can't power it off.
Only option it to power cycle and reboot.
Any ideas or is the only option to return to ifi?

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #4,895 of 5,872
For some reason I can't shake the memory of the wine my mother used to make. Nasty, just nasty!
It was not meant to be mean to me, on the contrary, it was to say that this hobby (yours for whisky) fits perfectly with music. Where I live, it's even a land of tradition registered in UNESCO. :wine_glass:

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #4,896 of 5,872
It was not meant to be mean to me, on the contrary, it was to say that this hobby (yours for whisky) fits perfectly with music. Where I live, it's even a land of tradition registered in UNESCO. :wine_glass:
No worries. It was my mother’s wine that was nasty. One sip and you’d confess to anything just so you wouldn’t have to have a second sip.

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #4,897 of 5,872
I have been using a Zen Stream with Matrix SPDIF-2 DDC for the last 16 months, both powered by a brilliant dual PSU. The DDC is there to "improve sound" and to get me rid of the USB "jitters" so I can use I2S to my Denafrips Venus II. I have to say, combined with Roon and Qobuz, the setup is rock solid, never missed a beat, and sounds great. Now, the question is, do I replace the Stream and SPDIF-2 with a Neo? Would there be any improvement other than a fancy little screen that I might never look at?

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #4,898 of 5,872
Hi all,
I'm sorry for hijacking the thread but I wonder if someone knows how setup Zen Stream to access (as root) mounted USB drive over network?
I just plugged in my USB stick with music, it's mounted, Zen plays music (yay). I can even see USB drive over network (on my Mac) but I can't copy anything or edit files.
"The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items."

Cheers!

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #4,899 of 5,872
Hi all,
I'm sorry for hijacking the thread but I wonder if someone knows how setup Zen Stream to access (as root) mounted USB drive over network?
I just plugged in my USB stick with music, it's mounted, Zen plays music (yay). I can even see USB drive over network (on my Mac) but I can't copy anything or edit files.
"The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items."

Cheers!

Have you tried mounting the disk with user:volumio /pass:volumio?
I never did the test...

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #4,900 of 5,872
Have you tried mounting the disk with user:volumio /pass:volumio?
I never did the test...
this didn't work but I guess there must be (?) root user/password combination...

Dec 3, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #4,905 of 5,872
After I updated the beta firmware, there was a problem with roon, I tried to restore the original factory settings. After that zs stays in the state without lights. I open the ifi app on the ipad, select zs, and the program will automatically exit.
16700584760272200367742413710855.jpg
16700585027676904005751344641882.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back