iFi audio ZEN One Signature - be at One with your sound!
Apr 1, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #91 of 183
How's the sound comparison between the zen one sig vs the ifi diablo??

The Zen One is more along the lines of our traditional house sound seen through the Zen line - warm, musical, and relaxed but no slouch in bass either! It's not as energetic as the Diablo is.

Apr 7, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #92 of 183
The Zen One is more along the lines of our traditional house sound seen through the Zen line - warm, musical, and relaxed but no slouch in bass either! It's not as energetic as the Diablo is.
Day 2 of breaking in. Man this thing is a beast of a sound. 👀👀👀. Finally some MQA action via toslink. What a gift this is. Wish Diablo can still have a shot at having MQA on spdif. 🤞🤞🤞

MQA really solves all the annoying ringing that's been plaguing my setup while upgrading.

Chain is CDT to Spdif purifier to zen sig one to Phonitor One mod to Stealth.

The tone and density on the sub-bass and bass is so spot on. I'm having a hard time thinking what's missing between this over the Stealth's dual Dac. Maybe 'resolution'. But at the same time I can hear the advantage of this setup when wifi and phones are off. Less distortion via 'energy' and 'excitemen'.

IMG_20220407_174415.jpg
IMG_20220407_174428.jpg

Is it possible to passthrough MQA on the zen sig one?

Coz most dac has this mqa firmware that disables spdif output. There's no firmware update for the zen sig one so it's possible it'll have a different firmware type.

Screenshot_20220407-201625.jpg

Apr 12, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #94 of 183
@iFi audio

Is the BT totally disabled/decoupled when not in BT mode?

And can I perhaps desolder the BT module? Since people have heard sonic gains taking out the wireless module from the Neo and pro iDSD sig.

Please do not desolder the BT module - it will void your warranty.

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #100 of 183
May 4, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #102 of 183
@iFi audio

Please help me on the following:

I use all the inputs on my zen one.

Optical comes from an fm/dab radio tuner transmitter. Coaxial is a cd player.

When i use my radio player through the DAC there is of course no problem.
The same for cd player.

But when I stop playing one of two (radio/optical or cd/coaxial) and try to playback the other, sound does not come out.

Only if I turn the unit off and on again will it respond to the playback.

So I actually have to get up and turn it off and on again, if I wish to stop playback from the source that is connected to the optical and switch to the source connected to coaxial.

Any resolve on that? Why could this be happening?

May 11, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #104 of 183
I'm very interested in buying this device but is it possible to connect it with USB to a dap such as Ibasso DX160

Users who are viewing this thread

Back