iFi audio ZEN One Signature - be at One with your sound!
May 14, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #106 of 183
Hi I am interested in this device wonder if it will play via usb from an iPhone with camera adapter to one zen signature and then via coax to my Naim home stereo. I want to use apple music and have the highest and cleanest way to experience apple music lossless as airplay is not there in terms of experiencing the highest resolution available on apple music....

It comes with the ifi wall dc purifier? It better to feed it this way right vs usb powered? For maximum sound quality?

May 22, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #107 of 183
My only other iFi DAC is the Gryphon, which offers a choice of filters. What kind of digital filtering is taking place in the Zen One Signature when it's not being fed MQA?

May 23, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #108 of 183
Hi I am interested in this device wonder if it will play via usb from an iPhone with camera adapter to one zen signature and then via coax to my Naim home stereo. I want to use apple music and have the highest and cleanest way to experience apple music lossless as airplay is not there in terms of experiencing the highest resolution available on apple music....

It comes with the ifi wall dc purifier? It better to feed it this way right vs usb powered? For maximum sound quality?

In the package you should find the iPower2, use that for power up, or any other 5V dedicated quality supply.
You should be able to connect the iPhone with the camera usb dongle to the original ifi cable and then to the DAC.

My only other iFi DAC is the Gryphon, which offers a choice of filters. What kind of digital filtering is taking place in the Zen One Signature when it's not being fed MQA?

“All current iFi products that do not have filter selection use the minimum filter for sample rates up to 192kHz and Bit-perfect above 192kHz.”

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #114 of 183
Wow I am not very active at headfi and I completely lost this announcement.

The way I see this, this seems to be an upgrade replacement of iOne with the zen design language.

I have the original iOne which I completely adore and I find the best value for money audio device ever.

This device seems to follow along these lines. Is not much more expensive and includes the ipower in the price.

OK then, I suggest to people if they have time to read the iOne thread to understand what a device like that can do to your living room entertainment. Is simply revolutionary.

The biggest benefit is on improving substantially the audio movie tv experience.

Spdif from tv goes to iOne spdif input (iOne acts as spdif purifier) output to marantz pm6005 amp with a 40£ rca cable and then to my Tannoy floorstanders. The experience is phenomenal both for music and movies everything that passing through tv.

At some point, I had build a super elaborate but budget friendly system around iOne with an allo usb streamer, tube preamplifier (mullard tubes) connected to more ipower supplies and so forth...

The burr brown dac kept on scaling and scaling on every tweak and further investment I made.

Until I completely dismantled the system because my baby boy grew up and it was certain that will destroy the system in a second...

I have now the iOne in the original box waiting to set up sometime in the future when my kids will grow enough and behave. I have instead the first gen spdif ipurifier which is an amazing device and provides a partial functionality of the iOne albeit for me the most important one.

For almost 3 years I have listen to burr brown through my system so much and I know this signature so well that I am saying if you open my veins you will find burr brown blood....:)

If this is the product I think it is for 350£ it makes me saying :

Well done ifi audio.
This is the ifi I know and I am proud of...!!!

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #117 of 183
@iFi audio Is the iPower X expected to bring additional performance or is the stock power supply all that is needed?

The stock power supply will work well, but if you'd like to push ZEN One's performance a bit further, iPower X is our recommendation. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back