iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Sep 1, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #1,801 of 2,506
Using on my desktop pc connect via usb. I was using bluetooth which does the exact same, the KHZ has ALWAYS been green. This might be the reason i hear NO difference between Tidal and Spotify
With Bluetooth, you will always be limited. For anything hi-res you must use a direct connection. For both Windows and macOS (and iOS) I have had no issues with high bitrate audio with Spotify and Tidal, as long as the xDSD is connected via USB.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #1,803 of 2,506
I also use the OTG with my note 10 plus and still the KHZ for spotify on extreme and Tidal masters is green so does this mean i'm essentially streaming low quality music?

Check the app settings to enable MQA and hi-res.
Edit: Make sure the xDSD is updated to the latest firmware.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #1,804 of 2,506
I also use the OTG with my note 10 plus and still the KHZ for spotify on extreme and Tidal masters is green so does this mean i'm essentially streaming low quality music?
Bluetooth is way to limited as mentioned by fellow poster. I stay way from bluetooth altogether whenever possible. It's TRUE a wired connection us best. If you are streaming TIDAL, not Spotify, with MASTER selected for audio output on both WiFi and cellular, you are good to go. Receiving Master quality audio from Tidal is closest to lossless stream available.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #1,805 of 2,506
Thanks guys, after a bit of playing around the bluetooth still sticks on the green no matter what so i don't think it can stream lossless audio and on masters in Tidal with the OTG to my Note 10 the light has turned to yellow indicating higher quality. Still green when connected to my desktop so perhaps need a new firmware, i'll have a look online where to find it.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #1,806 of 2,506
Spotify tops out at 320kb no matter what settings you use. Its lossy. Waste of time does no justice for your xDSD. Tidal however gives option for Master Quality audio and MQA which to me is very similar. Your ears are your best test. MQA or Master tossups. Need firmware 5.30 for MQA Magenta led.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #1,807 of 2,506
Screenshot_20190901-002702_Poweramp.jpg

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #1,808 of 2,506
Spotify tops out at 320kb no matter what settings you use. Its lossy. Waste of time does no justice for your xDSD. Tidal however gives option for Master Quality audio and MQA which to me is very similar. Your ears are your best test. MQA or Master tossups. Need firmware 5.30 for MQA Magenta led.

I have the Ifi control panel driver installed and it detects my XDSD but when on Tidal it still shows a green LED. The control panel also says revision v5.30 which i assume is up to date. Also do you get Magenta even through your note 9?

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #1,811 of 2,506

These videos might help.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #1,815 of 2,506
Goodnight all. Love how we can communicate from all around the world! Edmonton, New Zealand and Long Branch, NJ shore area USA! Head-fi is da bomb.
:ksc75smile:

And we are always eager to help! :metal::sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back