iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Sep 1, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #1,818 of 2,506
Sep 1, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #1,819 of 2,506
I'm ready for giving up on lossless audio o

Thank you very much for those, my desktop connection has been fixed and is now purple. With my phone i didn't know the green LED is still Hi fi and yellow is masters which makes sense.
Yes there is always a solution. Stay open minded and remember, let your ears do their job! Lossless audio is addictive. :gs1000smile:

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #1,820 of 2,506
Hi, is there any news it will upgrade the Bluetooth to 5.0?

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #1,822 of 2,506
No. The BT version is hardware related. It either has 5.0 or some version like 4.2. 5.0 primarily improves the distance of transmission bluetooth signal.

Agreed. The xDSD is meant to be paired with headphones (primarily) and having a distance of 10m is perfectly fine for the use. The only real benefit (for the xDSD or headphones) would be that 5.0 uses less power, however 4.2 devices CAN use (the same) low power mode if it's implemented properly. As for the greater data transmission rate (1mb/s vs 2mb/s) it really is a moot point as 99.9% of all music is 16/44 and seems like it will always be that way, given the fact that high-bitrate/DSD has been around for 20 years and still hasn't been adopted mainstream. All BT 5.0 would do is add in cost.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #1,823 of 2,506
Agreed. The xDSD is meant to be paired with headphones (primarily) and having a distance of 10m is perfectly fine for the use. The only real benefit (for the xDSD or headphones) would be that 5.0 uses less power, however 4.2 devices CAN use (the same) low power mode if it's implemented properly. As for the greater data transmission rate (1mb/s vs 2mb/s) it really is a moot point as 99.9% of all music is 16/44 and seems like it will always be that way, given the fact that high-bitrate/DSD has been around for 20 years and still hasn't been adopted mainstream. All BT 5.0 would do is add in cost.

It seems as though bluetooth and high res should be kept totally separate from one another. Bluetooth is for convenience purposes. Having that direct, wired, shielded, jitter free connection will always sound better. The difference is in the details. That's really what sets us in Head-Fi apart from others...details and the constant appeal for 0 background noise-hiss.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #1,824 of 2,506
Screenshot_20190901-180758_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
Yes there is always a solution. Stay open minded and remember, let your ears do their job! Lossless audio is addictive. :gs1000smile:

Any idea why with the UAPP it still says 44 khz? Cheers

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #1,825 of 2,506
It seems as though bluetooth and high res should be kept totally separate from one another. Bluetooth is for convenience purposes. Having that direct, wired, shielded, jitter free connection will always sound better. The difference is in the details. That's really what sets us in head-fi apart from others...details and the constant appeal for 0 background noise-hiss.

Yup! And even IF Bluetooth achieves the ability to transmit full DSD quality audio, the activities you'd be conducting while using Bluetooth would make it damn hard to appreciate the quality, thus negating the feature. But hey, maybe it's just my old school audio purist in me thinking such...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #1,826 of 2,506

Given the bitrate, the track actually is 44Khz @ 24-bits.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #1,827 of 2,506

That's what the original source Khz is. There are many conversions that can take place to make it sound better. Like that switch on the back of the xDSD, Measure/Listen switch. XBass and 3D filters too. BTW, PCM. or Pulse Code Modulation is an excellent format thats been around for years too. It can go all the way up to 768 Khz. We cannot hear that level being humans however. MQA is PCM (more or less) in a more compressed yet lossless format.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #1,829 of 2,506
Thanks guys, i can't hear the difference listening between the Tidal app and with Tidal in the UAPP App. I'll compare Tidal to Spotify however over the coming weeks while my free trial is ongoing. How are you guys finding Tidal?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #1,830 of 2,506
Sorry i didn't explain clearly. I would like to know any news it will have update version for xdsd :p

I just tested it, overall i like it.
But... I need to use bt for convenience purpose.

Bt only support aptx and lack of ldac or aptx-hd... And it sound some how ok only...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back