iFi audio xCAN - The Official Thread
Feb 7, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #586 of 757
It's more about what I know and having said that, I know that we swap batteries and sell them if we have them in stock, even in case of older discontinued products. But our support staff has all the details :)

Alternately I can check this for you and send you a PM, but this route's probably a bit longer :)

Can I get some help? I’ve had no reply from support in a week regarding my broken 2.5 mm out.

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #588 of 757
I sent my xcan in for a SECOND time due to the same issue with my balanced output being broken and got it back a little over a week ago. The 2.5mm output is now broken again... It's cutting out on one channel depending on the angle my cable is in. I'm pretty tired of paying for shipping to ifi just to have them send me back my unit and have it break in a week. Anyone know any good guides on replacing the 2.5mm connector with a stronger jack or how to find a repair shop that does these sorts of things?

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #589 of 757
It's more about what I know and having said that, I know that we swap batteries and sell them if we have them in stock, even in case of older discontinued products. But our support staff has all the details :)

Alternately I can check this for you and send you a PM, but this route's probably a bit longer :)

Well I have followed your instructions and created a support ticket (#315643). I understand that I'm a bit of a pest but I do need to get my questions answered before buying a battery powered device.

It's great that your company offers replacement batteries for devices such as the xCan. However, I also have to consider the possibility, more accurately probability, that iFi will eventually cease doing so for this particular product if you were to transition away from this particular battery pack form factor to something else. I don't think it's reasonable for me to expect you to stock and offer batteries for discontinued products 5-10 years from now.

As my support ticket explains I just want to gauge how easy it will be for me to obtain suitable replacement battery cells on the open market and install them in the event iFi stops stocking replacements.

Uncertainty about batteries is the reason I haven't ordered an xCan yet.

Feb 9, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #590 of 757
It's great that your company offers replacement batteries for devices such as the xCan. However, I also have to consider the possibility, more accurately probability, that iFi will eventually cease doing so for this particular product if you were to transition away from this particular battery pack form factor to something else. I don't think it's reasonable for me to expect you to stock and offer batteries for discontinued products 5-10 years from now.

Although I can't guarantee that we'll have batteries for xCAN in a decade from now on, we still fix and replace batteries in our oldest products. We'll keep doing so until we have spare parts.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Feb 9, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #592 of 757
The iFi rep seems quite dodgy. They encouraged me to contact support through their website to answer questions about the battery. So I do a day and half ago and their support team has NOT replied to me. This rep also refuses to acknowledge the fact that I created a support ticket or respond to my question on it's status.

Really not impressed with iFi customer service. Their Amazon seller rating sits at 94% and there's multiple neg reviews mentioning bad or unhelpful customer service. Take note people.

Can I get some help? I’ve had no reply from support in a week regarding my broken 2.5 mm out.

Wow, broken device. Dude contacts iFi support and doesn't get a reply a week on. Smh

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #593 of 757
That's reassuring. Is anyone going to respond to my support ticket? 315643

The team is under high load and will get back to you as soon as they can. Keep in mind, if you keep on bumping a ticket or adding new info it will bump you back to the bottom of the pile as our service runs everything in order of submission.

The iFi rep seems quite dodgy. They encouraged me to contact support through their website to answer questions about the battery. So I do a day and half ago and their support team has NOT replied to me. This rep also refuses to acknowledge the fact that I created a support ticket or respond to my question on it's status.

Really not impressed with iFi customer service. Their Amazon seller rating sits at 94% and there's multiple neg reviews mentioning bad or unhelpful customer service. Take note people.

Wow, broken device. Dude contacts iFi support and doesn't get a reply a week on. Smh

Again - re your battery, we only recommend OEM batteries and we don't advise to use any other battery that has not been approved by ifi but we offer replacement batteries and installs.

We always do our best to take care of our customers and our Amazon rating reflects that! All of our reps are real people too!

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #594 of 757
The team is under high load and will get back to you as soon as they can. Keep in mind, if you keep on bumping a ticket or adding new info it will bump you back to the bottom of the pile as our service runs everything in order of submission.

Again - re your battery, we only recommend OEM batteries and we don't advise to use any other battery that has not been approved by ifi but we offer replacement batteries and installs.

We always do our best to take care of our customers and our Amazon rating reflects that!

No bumps here.

OEM batteries might be what your company recommends but once the product is out of warranty and if an OEM replacement is no longer available device owners may have to fend for themselves and find their own solution.

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #595 of 757
Indeed. Patience is warranted. Over on the official XD-05 Plus thread people are wetting their pants to get their hands on the XD-05 BAL. I want to see photos of the PCB layouts and hear directly from Xduoo what the actual power output specs are.

Something to keep in mind is that most reviewers are shills exchanging praise for free samples. So I don't find *most* of them very helpful. Speaking of the XD-05 Plus specifically, the more honest reviewers pointed out the channel imbalance on the volume pot.

From eyeballing the pcb the xCan has the superior design for the amplification circuit over Xduoo's products and I've seen graphs that show that XBass2 provides and an appropriately subtle adjustment of the lower portion of the frequency curve. Certainly more tactful compared to Xduoo's bass boost implementation which intrudes on the midrange.

I suppose I need to keep my options open and not be so quick to dismiss the xCan. A product refresh with a more robust 4.4mm jack would prompt me to pull the trigger.
To be fair to iFi I have had my xCan since new using balanced and had no issues. I have owned three of their products and had no failures.

Feb 14, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #597 of 757

We always do our best to take care of our customers and our Amazon rating reflects that! All of our reps are real people too!

Just to balance this out a bit, I have nothing but praise for ifi. The reps are very open and always willing to help or advise on any thread, regardless if it's a product of ifi or not. The Xcan is an exceptional product.

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #598 of 757
Just to balance this out a bit, I have nothing but praise for ifi. The reps are very open and always willing to help or advise on any thread, regardless if it's a product of ifi or not. The Xcan is an exceptional product.

Thank you! We appreciate the kind words and about both topics.

their customer service is unimpressive.

Sorry you feel this way. I'll reach out to our team about your STS number and follow up with them again :)

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #599 of 757
@iFi audio / @Sebastien Chiu - Sorry if they have been asked before,

Does the xCAN work without the Battery Inside the unit? / Can it still be run / powered off of the USB C Charge port without the battery? I'm just curious because I know the Chord Mojo can't function without having a battery inside it.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #600 of 757
@iFi audio / @Sebastien Chiu - Sorry if they have been asked before,

Does the xCAN work without the Battery Inside the unit? / Can it still be run / powered off of the USB C Charge port without the battery? I'm just curious because I know the Chord Mojo can't function without having a battery inside it.

No, to my knowledge it can not and is in the same situation where the Mojo is at!

No worries at all! Any questions are always good questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back