iFi audio uno - Work, Chill, Play!
Dec 11, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #31 of 103
Hi, Please share your finding the Uno VS Zen Dac 1 or Gryphon if you dont mind.. :)
Don't own Zen DAC or Gryphon so can't say much about them.

Anyway, quick measure via RMAA (using E1DA Cosmos) shows the performance is basically solid. Output impedance is calculated to be excellent, around 0.1 ~ 0.2 ohm. EQ works okay'ish, but those are mostly personal taste. Can't detect any volume imbalance even on very low volume, though it seems to have an Alps potentiometer by the feel of it. I am guessing it might be some kind of analog-digital volume control scheme. Overall I think Uno is a really good buy as an entry level USB DAC/amp for the asking price.

SpectrumUNO.png

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #33 of 103
Dec 23, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #34 of 103
Just got mine, I'm actually kind of impressed by it. Plugged a HE6se V2 into it as a joke but I guess jokes on me maybe, kind of prefer how it sounds vs SE out of my EF400 and THX 788 all in ones. Volume is maxed out on it but it is at the max listening level I would use anyway which is about 75-85dB. Did some super casual listening on Spotify, a few Flacs and Tidal masters. Tried a Drop X4 headphone, Kiwi Ears Cadenza IEM and was generally impressed. Just tossed a 58X on, maybe not the best I've heard but still sounds nice. 6XX on the other hand, was impressed!

Probably won't go through my headphone collection right away but overall I'm enjoying what I've thrown on it. This thing is imbued with iFi magic and I think for MSRP this is a pretty good buy for somebody in need of something like this. It is adorable and I love the color!

ifi.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #35 of 103
Just got mine, I'm actually kind of impressed by it. Plugged a HE6se V2 into it as a joke but I guess jokes on me maybe, kind of prefer how it sounds vs SE out of my EF400 and THX 788 all in ones. Volume is maxed out on it but it is at the max listening level I would use anyway which is about 75-85dB. Did some super casual listening on Spotify, a few Flaks and Tidal masters. Tried a Drop X4 headphone, Kiwi Ears Cadenza IEM and was generally impressed. Just tossed a 58X on, maybe not the best I've heard but still sounds nice. 6XX on the other hand, was impressed!

Probably won't go through my headphone collection right away but overall I'm enjoying what I've thrown on it. This thing is imbued with iFi magic and I think for MSRP this is a pretty good buy for somebody in need of something like this. It is adorable and I love the color!

Damn you're making me want to get one now just to dip toe into that iFi house sound.

Even though I'm already swimming in amps and I probably don't need more amps LOL.

Dec 23, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #36 of 103
Damn you're making me want to get one now just to dip toe into that iFi house sound.

Even though I'm already swimming in amps and I probably don't need more amps LOL.

LOL, I know how you feel. I too am swimming in dacs/amps. My desk literally will be unable to contain much more. I am addicted to them. Picture taken just before putting my uno up.

desk.jpeg

You probably don't need the uno but it's just so damn cute!

Dec 23, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #37 of 103
LOL, I know how you feel. I too am swimming in dacs/amps. My desk literally will be unable to contain much more. I am addicted to them. Picture taken just before putting my uno up.

You probably don't need the uno but it's just so damn cute!
LOL okay you're REALLY swimming in dacs / amps.

I only have 4 things on my desk I think (Lyr 3, Project Solstice, Magni Piety and O2/SDAC).

PXL_20221130_202043061.jpg

O2/SDAC on the other side.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 103
LOL okay you're REALLY swimming in dacs / amps.

I only have 4 things on my desk I think (Lyr 3, Project Solstice, Magni Piety and O2/SDAC).

PXL_20221130_202043061.jpg

O2/SDAC on the other side.

Lyr 3 is a beast, I do think you are all set on amps!

Dec 25, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #40 of 103
Does the Uno work with Playstation 5? I did not find this information anywhere. I am considering of buying one for playing on my console. If it works it will be exactly what I am trying to find.
Same. I gave away My ps5 designated zen dac v2 and instead of replacing it with the same, the uno would be perfect. I read somewhere it works with the switch so most likely uac1 and therefore should work on the ps5 too, but I’m waiting for confirmation before pulling the trigger

Dec 27, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #41 of 103
I installed latest usb driver from ifi support page. Asio sometimes don't work when I start to play from foobar. I pressed play and I see only paused equalizer no error. Wasapi works but playback the sound constatnly stops for a fraction of a second once about every two minutes.

What shoud I do? I shoud connect uno to usb 2.0 or 3.0?

Jan 8, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #42 of 103
Hey all, I wanted to chime in here as I've been listening to the Uno and doing some troubleshooting too. I actually returned this first unit I had because I thought there was a defect with the Game and Movie EQ feature buttons. I was getting some pretty bad white noise especially with the Game EQ on.

Well, I am getting the same white noise with the new unit too. I have installed latest drivers, firmware is up to date as well. What is interesting, is that I used a different USB cable then the one it came with and it was better. Not silent, but good enough. So, its possible the cable included is just a cheap cable and not shielded well.

Windows can be very finicky with different drivers as anyone would know as well. So I'll be doing more testing on my phone but I was also getting the noise on my phone.

I just used movie mode while listening to a movie....without saying too much I will just say "thumbs up"

I'm working on a review/impression for my channel so I'm compiling some things on this still. I'm hoping there is possibly just a firmware or driver update this needs to iron out the white noise issues. I've not had this with other iFi devices when using the xbass or xspace. It happens on different headphones too (using the 109 Pro currently).

I've reached out to iFi and gave some feedback so far. I do think they will need to look into this however because especially being targeted for gaming/movies, this could be something at many a desktop for pc gaming. Well, windows and other components can definitely interfere with noise depending on the gear. Still, I'm impressed otherwise with this unit!

Jan 10, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #45 of 103
Yes, I'm sure cost went into account. I will say the Uno is something a bit special when it comes to stage..from what I've heard so far. It expands pretty well for such a small unit. I'm enjoying it outside of the wonkiness of the Game/Movie modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back