iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)
Nov 6, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #106 of 1,008
I doubt that there are any smartphones, past or present, that support USB microphones. That's not to say that it couldn't be done but it's unlikely to happen. Further the phone USB implementation has to be powerful enough to support two devices on a hub - a sound device and a microphone. It would mean extra hardware in the DAC/amp to add a USB hub and to digitise the microphone input and transmit it.
Well, there's this: http://www.studiosixdigital.com/audio-hardware/itestmic2/
:sweat_smile:

Nov 6, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #107 of 1,008
Nov 6, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #108 of 1,008
Nice colour! Balanced 3.5mm seems a bit out though

Nov 6, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #111 of 1,008
Well, Zeppelin is a very nice place with friendly helpful staff and they also have BLU2/DAVE. But the listening facilites are almost as bad there as at Stereo.
They are running a cafe´ in the same room with a noisy coffe machine and sometimes loads of people talking loud and slamming chairs and things around in a completely barren non cushioned environment.
Neither of the two are suitable for any serious auditioning with LARGE dynamic range classical music material.
I have had a few lucky breaks there with at least some "relative silence" for a few minutes at times. But even when empty there is probably 30-40 dB of ambient noise just from the very noisy A/C.
The ONE AND ONLY really good listening room I know of in Singapore is AVI at Millenia Walk, they have a soundproofed very well isolated special big listening room with very good speakers and amps and the top of the range MOON AUDIO dacs.
But no iFi or Chord dacs.
If you know of any other really good ones do let me know.
Most of the places at the Adelphi are also subpar with open doors and lots of noise and electronics of all kinds all over the place in unsuitable listening rooms.
Cheers Christer

You are looking at two completely different things, and I'd suggest either you go at a quiet time, or jsut take into account ambient noise. There are other customers besides yourself in places like Stereo and Zepp.

Nov 6, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #112 of 1,008

These are the suggested uses of the filtering options, not too sure how different they are.
It might be just me, but I barely heard any difference between the two modes. Then again, I'm not a super analytical listener, I just press play and enjoy the music.

Does it come with a cable that allows you to plug it to a Macbook or Laptop via USB?

Yes, it comes with that. it's a big blue USB female to USB male.

Could you do a quick comparison between the new nano iDSD BL and the Mojo?

Mojo seems to be slightly warmer, but just slightly. Staging on the Mojo isn't as good as the iDSD from memory, but it retains a lot of detail. I think they sound quite similar. The Mojo, however, suffers from being a tad bit noisier than the iDSD nano BL, which had a black background with several iems I tried. Overall, the iDSD is about a third of the price of a Mojo at MSRP, so I'd go with the ifi instead of the Chord.

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #113 of 1,008
It might be just me, but I barely heard any difference between the two modes. Then again, I'm not a super analytical listener, I just press play and enjoy the music.

Yes, it comes with that. it's a big blue USB female to USB male.

Mojo seems to be slightly warmer, but just slightly. Staging on the Mojo isn't as good as the iDSD from memory, but it retains a lot of detail. I think they sound quite similar. The Mojo, however, suffers from being a tad bit noisier than the iDSD nano BL, which had a black background with several iems I tried. Overall, the iDSD is about a third of the price of a Mojo at MSRP, so I'd go with the ifi instead of the Chord.
Any thoughts on the mids an upper regions as well as the detailing?
Just need to be sure abt this as i do want a new dac amp.
Also, comparison to oppo ha2?

Nov 6, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #114 of 1,008
Any thoughts on the mids an upper regions as well as the detailing?
Just need to be sure abt this as i do want a new dac amp.
Also, comparison to oppo ha2?

I'll need a second listen, I wasn't really putting much thought into it the last time I a/b'ed the two. Oppo HA2 is comparatively brighter for sure, more neutral imo. BL sounds slightly warm/u shaped, relative to the HA2. It's a good buy at the price, better value than the Mojo for sure, or at least, in my humble opinion. You do lose out on the marbles, but you get a sleek looking thing to carry around.

Nov 6, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #115 of 1,008
As far as the 3.5mm goes... a simple cable like the one I use for my line out on my FiiO III to my Project Ember works great. http://www.audioquest.com/bridges-falls/big-sur

I sure hope this shows up on Amazon soon, I just returned the DragonFly Red to them today and will be waiting to order this.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #118 of 1,008
Noob here ! Recently acquired a Beyerdynamic DT880 (250 ohm) and a Fiio A5 to drive it. Was looking at other amps to experiment a bit. I don't need a DAC yet but was pointed to this. Would this have enough power to drive the 250 ohm beyers ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back