iFi Audio nano iDSD Black Label (TOUR details - PAGE 12 / TOUR participants - page 26 post #386)
Nov 5, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #91 of 1,008
true. it can be quite noisy as they have an open concept towards the mall. wait until Zeppelin has it, it's a lot better to audition there.
Well, Zeppelin is a very nice place with friendly helpful staff and they also have BLU2/DAVE. But the listening facilites are almost as bad there as at Stereo.
They are running a cafe´ in the same room with a noisy coffe machine and sometimes loads of people talking loud and slamming chairs and things around in a completely barren non cushioned environment.
Neither of the two are suitable for any serious auditioning with LARGE dynamic range classical music material.
I have had a few lucky breaks there with at least some "relative silence" for a few minutes at times. But even when empty there is probably 30-40 dB of ambient noise just from the very noisy A/C.
The ONE AND ONLY really good listening room I know of in Singapore is AVI at Millenia Walk, they have a soundproofed very well isolated special big listening room with very good speakers and amps and the top of the range MOON AUDIO dacs.
But no iFi or Chord dacs.
If you know of any other really good ones do let me know.
Most of the places at the Adelphi are also subpar with open doors and lots of noise and electronics of all kinds all over the place in unsuitable listening rooms.
Cheers Christer

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #92 of 1,008
Well, Zeppelin is a very nice place with friendly helpful staff and they also have BLU2/DAVE. But the listening facilites are almost as bad there as at Stereo.
They are running a cafe´ in the same room with a noisy coffe machine and sometimes loads of people talking loud and slamming chairs and things around in a completely barren non cushioned environment.
Neither of the two are suitable for any serious auditioning with LARGE dynamic range classical music material.
I have had a few lucky breaks there with at least some "relative silence" for a few minutes at times. But even when empty there is probably 30-40 dB of ambient noise just from the very noisy A/C.
The ONE AND ONLY really good listening room I know of in Singapore is AVI at Millenia Walk, they have a soundproofed very well isolated special big listening room with very good speakers and amps and the top of the range MOON AUDIO dacs.
But no iFi or Chord dacs.
If you know of any other really good ones do let me know.
Most of the places at the Adelphi are also subpar with open doors and lots of noise and electronics of all kinds all over the place in unsuitable listening rooms.
Cheers Christer

haha i did experience the same at Zeppelin - it does get loud sometimes - but i guess i'm just lucky since majority of my visits, there are just a handful of people around and not that much activity. And i use IEMs to audition so the noise in there is very tolerable for me.

Another perfect place to audition is at E1 - that place is damn quiet! But - they don't carry iFi products! So i guess you're stuck with Stereo and Zeppelin.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #93 of 1,008
haha i did experience the same at Zeppelin - it does get loud sometimes - but i guess i'm just lucky since majority of my visits, there are just a handful of people around and not that much activity. And i use IEMs to audition so the noise in there is very tolerable for me.

Another perfect place to audition is at E1 - that place is damn quiet! But - they don't carry iFi products! So i guess you're stuck with Stereo and Zeppelin.
Hmm, where is E1?
I am not only interested in iFi products.
I would be interseted in finding a really quiet place that has Chord HUGO 2 for example or Benchmark DAC 3.
Cheers Christer

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #96 of 1,008
Probably im gonna wait until the fiio Q5 release then ill do the comparison for both of dem....

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #97 of 1,008
Nov 6, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #98 of 1,008
Nov 6, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #99 of 1,008
How portable is this DAC/AMP? Is it Mojo Portable?
3 hrs walking, trains, buses and taxis.
20170621_130353.jpg

Nov 6, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #100 of 1,008
Thanks,
I'll check it out. But it seems I'll have to bring my own headphones.Both Stereo and Zeppelin has got lots of high end over ear headphones but this shops only seems to stock Stax?
Nothing wrong with those, but maybe not the best way to audition HUGO 2 properly.
I use HEKV2 and HD800.
Cheers Christer

Nov 6, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #101 of 1,008

This is a tough choice. The BL will be perfect for my Sennheiser HD7. I need tons of clean power for it. On the other hand. I do like the portability of the Q5.

Nov 6, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #102 of 1,008
This is a tough choice. The BL will be perfect for my Sennheiser HD7. I need tons of clean power for it. On the other hand. I do like the portability of the Q5.
As clean but a lot more power than the Hugo 2.

Nov 6, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #103 of 1,008

That is a picture of a micro BL. The portability question was about a nano BL...

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #105 of 1,008
That is a picture of a micro BL. The portability question was about a nano BL...
The point is if a 53 yr old man can carry the big one than the nano is very portable. You are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back