iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Jun 14, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #1,816 of 2,172
I actually had one in my basket at $500. For some odd reason I didn't pull the trigger for the past week. I checked today and the price was at $450.

This is a no brainer of a deal. I bought my Black Label for more. Can't wait to check out the Signature.

Jun 14, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #1,817 of 2,172
Thinking about getting the Signature with occasional use with Arya Stealth. Anyone thinks the Diablo would be a clear improvement in sound or are they fairly close in SQ. On paper the slightly warmer sounding Signature may be a better pair with Arya.
The Diablo is slightly better from what I've read but more importantly has a slightly different sound signature. Personally, my pick would be the Signature as it pairs better with HiFiMAN Headphones and has extra versatility with IEMatch.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #1,818 of 2,172
HE6SE v2 & iFi Micro iDSD Signature

Actually has enough power for the HE6SE v2. I am only at 50% of the volume of the knob for listening level.....it starts clipping at 75% volume, but that is past listening level loud (in hi-gain "turbo" mode).

For some reason the xBass toggle doesn't increase bass noticeably. But the play back doesn't feel lacking in bass, but nor does it feel any extra was gained. (is the power limiting this?)

3D+ mode makes the treble too forward. Kept off for this headphone.

Quite the passable & affordable combo. No idea, why I didn't try before.

20220611_152408.jpg
20220611_145046.jpg

Nice cable!

I actually had one in my basket at $500. For some odd reason I didn't pull the trigger for the past week. I checked today and the price was at $450.

This is a no brainer of a deal. I bought my Black Label for more. Can't wait to check out the Signature.

Being EOL, you're going to have awesome deals pop up more often than not everywhere. Hope you enjoy your Siggy!

The Diablo is slightly better from what I've read but more importantly has a slightly different sound signature. Personally, my pick would be the Signature as it pairs better with HiFiMAN Headphones and has extra versatility with IEMatch.

Yes, the DIablo is on the more fun and musical side while the Signature is considered warmer and relaxed.

Jun 16, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #1,819 of 2,172
I've been using the original silver one for about the last 10 years and it's still going strong. I was planning to use the original one until the wheels fell off but the recent sale of the signature made me pull the trigger. As I expected, the signature sounds maybe 5-10% better, the xbass+ maybe a tad better. While owning the original i've bought and sold many of the Schiit products and the THX 789 but the sound I always fall back to is the IDSD. Only con for the signature is that I have to plug in an extra cable to keep it charged since they live on my desktop.

IMG_5406.JPG

Using it with Arya SE & LCD-X
IMG_5384.JPG

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #1,820 of 2,172
Well after going back & fourth between the signature & Gryphon I decided to order the signature & will purchase the Gryphon at a later date.
Can anyone tell me when working with the volume does it pay to keep the volume turned up full on the source (astell&kern sp1000m & samsung note9) & control volume on the signature only ? Thanks for any replies.

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #1,821 of 2,172
Well after going back & fourth between the signature & Gryphon I decided to order the signature & will purchase the Gryphon at a later date.
Can anyone tell me when working with the volume does it pay to keep the volume turned up full on the source (astell&kern sp1000m & samsung note9) & control volume on the signature only ? Thanks for any replies.

Only Gryphon lets you have a pre-amp for volume control. The iFi Micro Signature is just going to have a full-blast line-out.

Unless you mean the desktop iDSD Signature?

As for which volume to control. either one works. As long as neither starts to distort or clip by being pushed too hard at 100%. But in the case of an Android phone, it would probably be better to keep the volume of the phone/Android at 100% and control on the Gryphon/iFi Micro Signature.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #1,822 of 2,172
Only Gryphon lets you have a pre-amp for volume control. The iFi Micro Signature is just going to have a full-blast line-out.

Unless you mean the desktop iDSD Signature?

As for which volume to control. either one works. As long as neither starts to distort or clip by being pushed too hard at 100%.
I'm talking about the ifi audio micro idsd signature if thats the one you talking about.

Jun 17, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #1,823 of 2,172
I'm talking about the ifi audio micro idsd signature if thats the one you talking about.
If the volume control is important you, then I'd get the Gryphon first then. I imagine you want to connect to active speakers?

EDIT: Oh wait. I went on a big tangent. You are asking about your controlling your phone volume.

Yeah, either Gryphon/Micro-Signature device works. Put your android phone to 100% volume ideally.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #1,824 of 2,172
Keep the source volume Max and control from Signature. Try to stay in 11:30 to 3 on the dial, below that is channel imbalance and above that there is some distortion.

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #1,826 of 2,172
Is it possible to flash XU208 XMOS with Firmware 7.2c (supposed to only apply to XMOS XU216)? The IFI download hub says my unit is ok with Firmware 7.2c.

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,827 of 2,172
If the volume control is important you, then I'd get the Gryphon first then. I imagine you want to connect to active speakers?

EDIT: Oh wait. I went on a big tangent. You are asking about your controlling your phone volume.

Yeah, either Gryphon/Micro-Signature device works. Put your android phone to 100% volume ideally.

Keep the source volume Max and control from Signature. Try to stay in 11:30 to 3 on the dial, below that is channel imbalance and above that there is some distortion.

Great recommendations here, guys!

Is it possible to flash XU208 XMOS with Firmware 7.2c (supposed to only apply to XMOS XU216)? The IFI download hub says my unit is ok with Firmware 7.2c.

Let me confirm with our development team for you. What serial number does your unit start with?

Jun 21, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #1,828 of 2,172
For those who use the Signature as desktop DAC/amp, do you keep the USB-C plugged into the PC or another outlet all the time to charge it? I also use RCA out to feed speakers, so I don't want to constantly disconnect it to charge it.

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #1,830 of 2,172
Let me confirm with our development team for you. What serial number does your unit start with?
Hi Sebastien, the serial# is 20140006XX

It seems that the firmware 7.2c includes all functions of Firmware XMOS (Release date: October 19, 2021) and Firmware 5.3c (Release date: September 10, 2018). If the unit could be installed with it it would be the best of both worlds. Attached a screenshot of what I got from the website. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 19-10-10 Download Hub Software and firmware for your iFi audio devices.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 19-10-10 Download Hub Software and firmware for your iFi audio devices.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back