iFi audio hip-dac 2 Gold Edition - Superior sonics now come in... gold!
Jun 30, 2023 at 4:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

iFi audio

Sponsor: iFi audio

The audio world’s favourite hip-flask…

…now comes in GOLD!

Whatever you put in your hip-dac 2, RnB, pop, jazz or heavy metal, the limited gold edition is the one for you.
It is the same amazing portable, hi-res DAC/headphone amp as before with a new luxurious look and a performance tweak or two.

1.jpg

The hip-dac 2 gold edition benefits from a more extended treble and an upgraded power supply to bring you even more musical enjoyment. And, have we mentioned it yet? It’s gold!

Power and performance​

Replace the inferior DAC and amp circuitry in your smartphone, tablet, PC and Mac with the hip-dac 2 gold edition to vastly improve headphone sound both at home and on the go.

2.jpg

The hip-dac 2 gold edition offers state-of-the-art hi-res audio support – 24-bit/384kHz PCM, bit-perfect DSD and MQA.
It uses our powerful high-fidelity amp stage to drive all corded headphones and in-ear monitors with ease. The balanced circuit design delivers ultra-low signal distortion.

Superior sonics

It boasts a high-quality rotary analogue volume control and PowerMatch setting matches the level of drive to the connected headphones.

3.jpg

XBass tailors bass response to suit your music and your headphones.

The hip-dac 2 gold edition has two headphone outputs: 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced and 3.5mm S-Balanced. The S-Balanced output cuts distortion by 50% with single-ended headphone connections. It has USB-A input for audio and separate USB-C input for charging.

4.jpg

The seamless aluminium enclosure of the hip-dac 2 gold edition slips easily into a bag or pocket. And, it’s GOLD!!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 30, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 25
Sweet

Jun 30, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 25
iFi gear is built to last. My OG hip-dac and my micro iDSD Black Label are still going strong. So strong in fact, I'm not in the market for an upgrade to any of the newer iFi gear!

GLWS

Jul 1, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 25
So long as that fetid and foul MQA is included I will not buy it. I recently purchased a FiiO KA5 USB DAC because It does NOT have that crappy, useless sheeeit MQA.
MQA is dying beause it is stooopid. Why is it still used by iFi Audio? It is a farce.

I believe there are enough sheep out there who have bought into the MQA farce that any companies marketing department would insist on their equipment to have MQA decoding just to snatch up that market share. I agree with you 100 percent about what MQA is(or should I say, is not), but most people aren't true audiophiles and don't research the equipment the way you or I would. Those poor suckers are still eating that s**t up. Why not make a buck or two off their ignorance. If someone wants to buy a bag of s**t, I will gladly sell them a bag of S**t. MQA aside, iFi makes good equipment. As do other brands that throw that MQA badge on their products.:o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:

Jul 1, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #7 of 25
My OG Hip-Dac is still going strong after three years of use, two of those when working as a school caretaker (janitor). It got dropped and banged more than most, but survived.

I’m assuming that this new version still has MQA because previous versions did, and it made more sense to keep it as a feature, rather than spending time and money removing it.

Jul 1, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #8 of 25
I’m assuming that this new version still has MQA because previous versions did, and it made more sense to keep it as a feature, rather than spending time and money removing it.

Yes, hip-dac GE has MQA enabled, thanks!

My OG Hip-Dac is still going strong after three years of use, two of those when working as a school caretaker (janitor). It got dropped and banged more than most, but survived.
iFi gear is built to last. My OG hip-dac and my micro iDSD Black Label are still going strong. So strong in fact, I'm not in the market for an upgrade to any of the newer iFi gear!
Thanks chaps, these are valid reasons to not upgrade, we understand :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 1, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 25
But also valid reasons for those who don’t have a Hip-Dac to get the GE, as it’ll give great service for years. It does look great too!

Jul 1, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #11 of 25
So long as that fetid and foul MQA is included I will not buy it. I recently purchased a FiiO KA5 USB DAC because It does NOT have that crappy, useless sheeeit MQA.
MQA is dying beause it is stooopid. Why is it still used by iFi Audio? It is a farce.

I have iFi Dac/Amp, but is disappointing for higher pricing if device is BT and MQA decoder. This is not just ifi. Is a lot of Dac/Amp's in under $1k range for broke audiophile, and it would be good for option of BT and MQA. Cost to consumer could come down for audio enthusiast that know MQA, and possibly more offensive BT audio are not lossless audio.

I believe there are enough sheep out there who have bought into the MQA farce that any companies marketing department would insist on their equipment to have MQA decoding just to snatch up that market share. I agree with you 100 percent about what MQA is(or should I say, is not), but most people aren't true audiophiles and don't research the equipment the way you or I would. Those poor suckers are still eating that s**t up. Why not make a buck or two off their ignorance. If someone wants to buy a bag of s**t, I will gladly sell them a bag of S**t. MQA aside, iFi makes good equipment. As do other brands that throw that MQA badge on their products.:o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:
Lol! Still think iFi products are great, but agreed with MQA. I mention this in last post, but what about BT? The people that believe BT will be same audio quality as wired connection ....smh.

"More extended treble" ..?
😂 really giving you the hard statistics on this one....

Jul 1, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #12 of 25
You can't be taken seriously with stuff like this.

Gold plated editions and saying that it has more extended treble... is the treble on the regular version not extended enough? I swear that a device like that should be transparent.
This kind of nonsense might attract some customers, but it's not making the brand any favour...

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #13 of 25

…now comes in GOLD!

Whatever you put in your hip-dac 2, RnB, pop, jazz or heavy metal, the limited gold edition is the one for you.
It is the same amazing portable, hi-res DAC/headphone amp as before with a new luxurious look and a performance tweak or two.

1.jpg

The hip-dac 2 gold edition benefits from a more extended treble and an upgraded power supply to bring you even more musical enjoyment. And, have we mentioned it yet? It’s gold!

Power and performance​

Replace the inferior DAC and amp circuitry in your smartphone, tablet, PC and Mac with the hip-dac 2 gold edition to vastly improve headphone sound both at home and on the go.

2.jpg

The hip-dac 2 gold edition offers state-of-the-art hi-res audio support – 24-bit/384kHz PCM, bit-perfect DSD and MQA.
It uses our powerful high-fidelity amp stage to drive all corded headphones and in-ear monitors with ease. The balanced circuit design delivers ultra-low signal distortion.

Superior sonics

It boasts a high-quality rotary analogue volume control and PowerMatch setting matches the level of drive to the connected headphones.

3.jpg

The hip-dac 2 gold edition has two headphone outputs: 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced and 3.5mm S-Balanced. The S-Balanced output cuts distortion by 50% with single-ended headphone connections. It has USB-A input for audio and separate USB-C input for charging.

4.jpg

The seamless aluminium enclosure of the hip-dac 2 gold edition slips easily into a bag or pocket. And, it’s GOLD!!!

What’s the weight of this edition compared to the standard one?

What’s the price?

When and where could one find it?

Jul 1, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #14 of 25

…now comes in GOLD!

1.jpg

Power and performance​

2.jpg

Superior sonics

3.jpg

4.jpg

i wish ifi would sell the cases separately, so people who are satisfied with the sound of the own device could change the outside to if they liked the colour of the newer devices (i know i do)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back